Star Trek (1966 - present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,327
    http://time.com/4952491/star-trek-discovery-timeline/

Edited: Interesting Discovery is set 18 years after Nero arrives from 2387, you could put Discovery in either timeline.

1ZwFV.png
  • http://time.com/4952491/star-trek-discovery-timeline/

Edited: Interesting Discovery is set 18 years after Nero arrives from 2387, you could put Discovery in either timeline.

1ZwFV.png

No you can't. For the very simple reason that "DSC" will follow the Prime Timeline events. Yes, visually "DSC" may LOOK very Kelvin Timeline, but there's a reason that the events are Prime Timeline. For instance, Harry Mud appears in the show. There are rumours certain events from "TOS" will have its start in "DSC". Vulcan.....well, it still exists and will continue to exist in "DSC". Then there's Sarek. He'll most definitely be a prime figure in the series.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The first episode stated it took place in 2256.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,327
    http://time.com/4952491/star-trek-discovery-timeline/

1ZwFV.png

No you can't. For the very simple reason that "DSC" will follow the Prime Timeline events. Yes, visually "DSC" may LOOK very Kelvin Timeline, but there's a reason that the events are Prime Timeline. For instance, Harry Mud appears in the show. There are rumours certain events from "TOS" will have its start in "DSC". Vulcan.....well, it still exists and will continue to exist in "DSC". Then there's Sarek. He'll most definitely be a prime figure in the series.

I was theorising I was not stating it as fact, Nero went back to 2233 set before STD

@Murdock my math was wrong lol
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I just watched Discovery for the first time yesterday, although the episode got cut off my DVR just after that blinding light appeared outside of the ship. So I have no idea how it ended...
    Anyway, I was under the impression that Discovery took place before Enterprise. Keep in mind I've never seen Enterprise.
    I just watched Discovery for the first time yesterday, although the episode got cut off my DVR just after that blinding light appeared outside of the ship. So I have no idea how it ended...
    Anyway, I was under the impression that Discovery took place before Enterprise. Keep in mind I've never seen Enterprise.

Enterprise is set roughly 90 years before Discovery, will you get the opportunity to rewatch the pilot episode of Discovery?

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

Enterprise is set roughly 90 years before Discovery, will you get the opportunity to rewatch the pilot episode of Discovery?

Unless they air it again probably not. I heard it will be coming to Netflix in the US after the first season is over. I hope that's true.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,327

Unless they air it again probably not. I heard it will be coming to Netflix in the US after the first season is over. I hope that's true.

Hope it does I heard about the uproar with CBS all access, hopefully CBS are forced to show future Discovery shows on Netflix for you guys in the States
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I was all ready to pony up the money for this series, signed up & everything and the resolution was crap. That's why I cancelled. My pal in NYC said he got it in HD, so I have no idea what's up. Netflix comes in with perfect HD here...
    In any case, I'll get it on Blu Ray- no doubt they will sell it as season one V1 and later season one V2...
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I was all ready to pony up the money for this series, signed up & everything and the resolution was crap. That's why I cancelled. My pal in NYC said he got it in HD, so I have no idea what's up. Netflix comes in with perfect HD here...
    In any case, I'll get it on Blu Ray- no doubt they will sell it as season one V1 and later season one V2...

Don't blame you for cancelling CBS clearly ripping people of showing it in SD, I'll definitely purchase Discovery on Bluray. Been debating whether to get Enterprise and Next Generation on Bluray, I have them on dvd and Netflix streams them in HD though I like having the boxes
    If DSC was broadcast on All Access (to ME) on DVD quality, I wouldn't have cancelled, but it wasn't even THAT good. I re-watched the first ep to see, and the same extreme pixelation in the same spots was there. Oh well...
    CBS really should have put DSC on CBSAA first then premier the episodes on Standard TV a week later. That way it would cover all bases.
    Question for hard core Trek fans (I'm lookin' at YOU @Murdock ): do you own the Blu Ray of the complete TNG, or the complete DVD set of VOY? Do you consider these 'must-owns'? Right now I own the complete TOS on BD (AND DVD as well), but only have the fan favourite DVD collections episodes of TNG & VOY.... just wondering if I'm being a bad fan here...(?)
    @chrisisall, I do not. I only own TOS an the TOS Films/ J.J. Abrams films on Bluray and the Animated Series on DVD. I don't own TNG yet. I wasn't really a fan of Voyager so I don't own it. I would like to get the complete Deep Space Nine set eventually though not sure when I'll be able to get it. I'm primarily a TOS fan so I'm pretty happy with what I got.
    @Murdock thanks. You've eased my conscience a bit here.
    My Son & I both love TNG & VOY, but these days we have neither the time nor the gold-pressed latinum to purchase entire sets... ;)
    @chrisisall, glad to be of help. :) Give it some time and I'm sure TNG on Bluray will be nicely affordable.
    Netflix in the UK streams all the Trek Shows so never in a rush to buy the ones I don't have.

I had all DS9 on video though disgarded them, I won't buy the DVD as I live in hope they will one day be remastered.

I have TNG dvd boxset and a few seasons of TNG on Bluray... Though I want the Bluray boxset.

I have TOS only on Bluray now and the animated series on dvd.

I have literally every dvd version of all the movies and literally all the Bluray versions of all the movies.

Voyager not that fussed about, Enterprise I'll eventually buy the Bluray boxset it's a underrated show started watching it again on Netflix.
    Enterprise I'll eventually buy the Bluray boxset it's a underrated show started watching it again on Netflix.
    Yes, I liked it a lot. I own the final season on DVD.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Enterprise I'll eventually buy the Bluray boxset it's a underrated show started watching it again on Netflix.
    Yes, I liked it a lot. I own the final season on DVD.

Enterprise Season 4 was good as was 3 in some ways, it's a shame alot of the audience had been lost by the later seasons. The last season I liked the double and treble episodes especially the Mirror Universe story. Though the finale really was an insult to the show, though I recall it was an abruptly made episode when the show was canceled. I found The Future guy arc intriguing it's a shame there was never a resolution, I read online that it may have been Archer from the future, though not sure that works.
    the finale really was an insult to the show, though I recall it was an abruptly made episode when the show was canceled.

Well intentioned but not very good.....
    @chrisisall I ordered The Voyage Home score on CD a few weeks ago, what I got was an audio book to the film narrated by Nimoy and Takei I ordered the wrong CD by accident. The audio CD is good, I know you rate the film. I have since found and bought the soundtrack lol
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns was it the not too recently released expanded edition? That one is great.
    Murdock wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns was it the not too recently released expanded edition? That one is great.

Unfortunately not The Voyage home CD I bought has only 11 tracks, I have every score now except Wrath of Khan from Prime Timeline films. I have had problems in the UK finding Trek expanded scores in the UK at reasonable prices.
    Ah that's too bad. I hope you come across it. It's a great expansion and has music that was sadly not included in the film. Including this unused intro music which is a new arrangement of the Original Series theme.

Murdock wrote: »
    Ah that's too bad. I hope you come across it. It's a great expansion and has music that was sadly not included in the film. Including this unused intro music which is a new arrangement of the Original Series theme.

It's a score that's got better over time, in the 80's it was jarring when I first heard the score as I was wanting Goldsmith or Horner. Though today the score captures the feel of the era they time travelled too perfectly. I love the music cue for the reveal of the Enterprise at the end of the film.
    Agreed it wasn't one of my favorites early one but it has grown on me. I enjoy that cue too. Very impactful.
    That's the essence of Alexander Courage the link you sent @Murdock
    And I think Leonard Rosenman did justice to that theme. :-bd
    Agree it does sound great, what do you think of the Discovery theme and how Courage's theme is worked into it?