Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

First film of 2018 Richard Linkester's Before Sunrise

this was because of my wife and now Playing but I must have to say in spite of the pretentious dialogue I enjoy the charm of this movie it's a bit of a quiet way to start of the new year but I enjoy it

Films I have seen in 2018
    1. Before Sunrise
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    I like Denise Richards, very.

Starship Troopers...well, let's say, that was a different viewing experience.
    The college/army angle I liked a lot. Patriotism. In a fun, satirical way but still there.

The film throws everything at you in no subtle way. While over the top and humorous, the graphic violence is a bit much. But I get that it's part of the film's appeal.

I sat through it for Denise. Ironically she wasn't in the shower scene, but at least that way I didn't have to stop the film ;)
    Denise Richards recently.

denise-richards.jpg?resize=475%2C339
    I'm aware Denise has aged. The film was shot when I was born...

And honestly, Denise looks great in that pic above.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    She recently did a film where she plays some DEA agent on a plane pitted against a lot of armed mercenaries snuck in as passengers. I forgot the title of the film.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Lovers' Rosy Stain
    She recently did a film where she plays some DEA agent on a plane pitted against a lot of armed mercenaries snuck in as passengers. I forgot the title of the film.
    Mercs on a Plane
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Mercs on a Plane
    You think?! =))

Anyway, found it.

• mattjoesmattjoes Lovers' Rosy Stain
    With Lundgren? :)) Not the most distinguished of projects, it seems, even within the DTV market.

I wonder how famous Richards was at the height of her fame. Was there any expectation that she would become a really big star?
    Altitude.....ok......I could be interested in the concept but....

....looks like it is as insanely edited as QoS.....pass.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Mercs on a Plane
    You think?! =))

Anyway, found it.

It's difficult to work out what's happening in that trailer, maybe the altitude has made Denise's face look like it's experiencing G force.
    I'm aware Denise has aged. The film was shot when I was born...

And honestly, Denise looks great in that pic above.

Looks like her actual age there. Nothing strange about that.
    Before Sunset

So Jessie and Céline is back. My wife requested to watch the sequel so here we are nine years later and the film become a bit more autobiographical. For those who don't know Before Sunrise was based on a real night Richard Linklater had where he meet a woman in a toy store in Pennsylvania well in real life the woman sadly died and now with the sequel Richard is giving a fictional response of what could happen. So here we are a film that feels very similar to the last one but not as much charm ... anyways it's nice but not as nice as Before sunrise

1. Before Sunrise
    2. Before Sunset

Before series
    1. Before Sunrise
    2. Before Sunset

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Risico007
    The 'Before' series, and its spiritual sequel 'Boyhood', have intrigued as well as bored me. I have found relatively little love for the characters, and that, as you can guess, is a problem. I admire the intention behind the films; they're just not easy for me to sit through.
    And now we finish up the trilogy

Before Midnight

Amanda wanted to finish the trilogy. so here we are... I have to say Before Sunrise was great Before Sunset wasn't bad Before Midnight is.... I don't know Before sunrise had such a charm that the remaining films seemed to lack I do like Before Midnight a bit more...but its not bad I like the different characters they interact with and Hawke feels SO much more relaxed then in Before Sunset and Darth I can understand your dislike of the characters as they can be extremely pretentious at least they call it out in Before Midnight

1. Before Sunrise
    2. Before Midnight
    3. Before Sunset

Before series
    1. Before Sunrise
    2. Before Midnight
    3. Before Sunset

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Wall 2017 after seeing the trailer I was looking forward to this, I like scenarios of characters in life death situation in confined places. Alas this films stupidity undermines it, it's a frustrating watch at times.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    FLASH GORDON (1936)
    ming.bmp

The first serial edited into a two hours movie. This is beyond stupid, and a real abomination.Also noticed that Dale Arden (who is the only one tobe played by a different actress in each installment) gets hypnotized both here and in the next one. I realize it was made for kids, and I might have enjoyed it when I was one, but it is an insult to the absolutely brilliant comic by Alex Raymond.
    611737.jpg
    Blade Runner: The Final Cut UHD Bluray, simply put this film looks incredible never looked better. My eyes just darted around the screen at the vivid details in some scenes, very impressed by the amazing depth and colour.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Blade Runner: The Final Cut UHD Bluray, simply put this film looks incredible never looked better. My eyes just darted around the screen at the vivid details in some scenes, very impressed by the amazing depth and colour.

I could lose hours pausing and scanning the insane level of detail in the picture. I already thought the blu-ray looked very sharp, but that was nothing compared to the UHD.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I could lose hours pausing and scanning the insane level of detail in the picture. I already thought the blu-ray looked very sharp, but that was nothing compared to the UHD.

Me too I have the Bluray and the Digital copy of the film though the UHD is a step or two above, Scott is such a great visual director I need to have a UHD version of Alien.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Me too I have the Bluray and the Digital copy of the film though the UHD is a step or two above, Scott is such a great visual director I need to have a UHD version of Alien.

I'll pick up the first two Alien installments no question when they inevitably hit UHD. Curious to see if Cameron ever does a remaster of Aliens the same way he worked on Terminator 2.

I'll pick up the first two Alien installments no question when they inevitably hit UHD. Curious to see if Cameron ever does a remaster of Aliens the same way he worked on Terminator 2.

I would expect so Aliens stands up well on Bluray and had alot of great practical effects, it's pre digital so upscaling is no issue with that film at all, I think it would look incredible plus with new technologies I suspect Cameron will try to future proof the majority of his films.
    1287621125-m.jpg

The Sorcerer this has Friedkin's usual grit and then some, I have never seen this film before though I heard about the 40th Anniversary Collectors edition accompanied by very high praise. This was a good blind buy the transfer is superb. Roy Schiender is now in four of my favourite films after watching this, this film is raw and unforgiving, once the protagonists are in the South American Jungle I was totally gripped. The Sorcerer is a journey into hell, there is great imagery and subtext, awesome movie experience.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    1287621125-m.jpg

The Sorcerer this has Friedkin's usual grit and then some, I have never seen this film before though I heard about the 40th Anniversary Collectors edition accompanied by very high praise. This was a good blind buy the transfer is superb. Roy Schiender is now in four of my favourite films after watching this, this film is raw and unforgiving, once the protagonists are in the South American Jungle I was totally gripped. The Sorcerer is a journey into hell, there is great imagery and subtext, awesome movie experience.

I found it for $14 on BD! Blind buy based on your review- thanks!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    1287621125-m.jpg

It's a phenomenal film still thinking about it, will rewatch it soon.
    1287621125-m.jpg

A couple of years ago I was searching for a copy- never seen it (big Schieder fan/ Tangerine Dream fan) but it was CRAZY expensive. Now I will finally see it.
    1287621125-m.jpg

A couple of years ago I was searching for a copy- never seen it (big Schieder fan/ Tangerine Dream fan) but it was CRAZY expensive. Now I will finally see it.

I paid around £15 for it though it's such a good transfer it was money well spent, it's a film that passed me by hardly knew anything about it until recently it's definitely a lost masterpiece.

I paid around £15 for it
    *Star Trek IV Kirk voice*
    "Is that a lot?"

I paid around £15 for it
    *Star Trek IV Kirk voice*
    "Is that a lot?"

Roughly $20 though I have noticed a few times recently UK prices are quite steep compared to USA.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,528
    @chrisisall been reading up on the film, The Sorcerer had the misfortune of being released at the same time as Star Wars which buried it unfortunately.

@chrisisall been reading up on the film, The Sorcerer had the misfortune of being released at the same time as Star Wars which buried it unfortunately.

And why I never saw it....