Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    28 minutes fast here, as well. Posted at 11:01 AM, it's 11:29 AM here.
    Where do you live ?
    Eastern seaboard USA i would think...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yea, East Coast of USA.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Silly me - by looking at my watch I thought the difference was huge... much bigger than an eastern seabord USA time... I should lie down...
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Very excited for what's in store, especially a delete button, button choice for bold and italics, and hopefully there will be a way to fix the clock.

28 minutes fast here, as well. Posted at 11:01 AM, it's 11:29 AM here.
    We do have a build coming in with some fixes and new tools, but I can't confirm that this is all in there and no time-frame as it's still being tested by the forum software team. Once they release it we'll test it in house.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sounds good, @Luds!
  • I am hoping for a ignore thread/persoN!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    In the future do you think the opeing page could be of the 'Categories' view, the one found just above 'All Discussions' at the moment? Or at least make that a customisable option for users?

It's just with the layout as it is I find it very distracting and not very user-friendly being greeted with multiple pages of yellow threads every time I log in and feel it needs to be broken up.

I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, I'm just attempting to share my, likely lone, opinion.
    Are we ever going to get back that feature we once had for a short amount of time... marking all the threads as "viewed"? It was very convenient.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    It's in the next release - we haven't rolled it out yet as it isn't finalized. There are a lot of new features included, so testing is taking time. We want to be thorough.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Sorry if it's already been said but is there due to be a 'like' function akin to FB? It would be useful to show agreement without the need to post and break up the thread if you don't have anything else to add.
  • SharkShark Banned
    edited August 2011 Posts: 348
    Sorry if it's already been said but is there due to be a 'like' function akin to FB? It would be useful to show agreement without the need to post and break up the thread if you don't have anything else to add.
    MI6Community and its average quality of discussion is enough like Facebook already. Why not hang on to what little dignity it's got left?
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Fair enough.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    In the future do you think the opeing page could be of the 'Categories' view, the one found just above 'All Discussions' at the moment? Or at least make that a customisable option for users?
    I brought this up from the beginning, so no.. you're not alone with the thought!

edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I brought this up from the beginning, so no.. you're not alone with the thought!
    Excellent. Hopefully something will happen on that front then.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I thought I'd bring it up as it is annoying. If I remember a certain thread I want to add to, say the YouTube thread, I naturally go and search for it. What comes up in the results is everything you could imagine but that thread. This has happened before and as I've said it's an annoyance. Do I need to be more specific? Should there be capitals and quotations around the thread of text? I dunno. :-??
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I thought I'd bring it up as it is annoying. If I remember a certain thread I want to add to, say the YouTube thread, I naturally go and search for it. What comes up in the results is everything you could imagine but that thread. This has happened before and as I've said it's an annoyance. Do I need to be more specific? Should there be capitals and quotations around the thread of text? I dunno. :-??
    If I put "youtube" in the search (with the double quotes) it's the first result.

We'll take a look at the indexing of the database, might be able to make it more accurate with indexing. In the mean time though, try using the "star" or bookmark feature... just click the little grey star next to the thread and it will jump to a special place on your sidebar for finding it next time.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Thanks for taking the time @MI6, much appreciated. ;-)
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    A few things I'd like to see added. Some maybe already in the next update:

In the "Who's Online" section the moderators are shown in a different colour - maybe green.

Some way to see how many registered members we have and who the newest member is.

Some way to have the polls moved to the top of the screen - there must be a way...

An option to view all the Members

An option to view Today's or the most recent posts as well as any answered ones. That was always a nice feature back in the day, to see what had been ignored.

A date AND time stamp for each post.

Each topic also displaying who started it not just who more recently posted.

Sticky threads.

Ability to have a location, though this would mean avatars, names and post counts are moved to the left of each post - a good touch in my opinion.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Perhaps a way to send a message to whomever is mod at that moment to warn about anything that there is to warn about, like spam in this thread:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/810/new-aston-martin-v12-zagato-pictures-released./p2
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    Use the Flag option, CommanderRoss :)
    Perhaps a way to send a message to whomever is mod at that moment to warn about anything that there is to warn about, like spam in this thread:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/810/new-aston-martin-v12-zagato-pictures-released./p2
    It isn't spam @CommanderRoss. The person typing that is doing so in his native language. Don't patronize him for not understanding English directions in member's posts to change the typeface language.
    I personally would like the category of 'Bond actors and Actresses' back as it was on KTBEU .This would make threads on the actors easier to reach and take the pressure off the Bond Films category.
    Any chance of this happening ?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I personally would like the category of 'Bond actors and Actresses' back as it was on KTBEU .This would make threads on the actors easier to reach and take the pressure off the Bond Films category.
    I do agree with that. I would also like a Bond Trivea thread for all Bond related threads that simply don't fit anywhere else. So we can leave General Discussions for non-Bond threads.
    I do agree with that. I would also like a Bond Trivea thread for all Bond related threads that simply don't fit anywhere else. So we can leave General Discussions for non-Bond threads.

Fix it nackers...go on..go on..
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Fix it nackers...go on..go on..
    \:D/
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

It isn't spam @CommanderRoss. The person typing that is doing so in his native language. Don't patronize him for not understanding English directions in member's posts to change the typeface language.
    And how was I supposed to recognise that? My Russian isn't that good I'm afraid.

@nick_007 of course! mea culpa.

Every time I hit discussions on "How has JB influenced you" It signs me out.

Could some see if it's just me or is there a problem....
    I've just gone into that thread now Virage so it seems the problem is your end.
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Is there a chance of the 'big roll up' update coming out sometime this year? Just wondering that was all, what the current time frame is for it, if this is one.
This discussion has been closed.