Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• LudsLuds MIA
    Yes, Vanilla is coming out with a release which is currently in beta. We're waiting fir it to release. No clear timeframe, but we'll have some new features.
    We have seriously now got to get some new discussion categories,as every thread i make at the moment i have to shove into the Bond movies section which is getting seriously overloaded.We need an actors category at the very least.

Does anyone know if/when this could be done ?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    It certainly can be done, at the start it was decided not to but now that we have a lot of content it could be broken down a bit. Any suggestions @barryt007?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Yes, Vanilla is coming out with a release which is currently in beta. We're waiting fir it to release. No clear timeframe, but we'll have some new features.
    Oh great news. I somehow missed this. Thanks @Luds!

If I may I would suggest 'Bond 23' General Discussion and 'Bond 23' News sections as well as doing something major with the 'Bond Movies' section. Actors and Music would be a start though I'm sure @barryt007 has a much better idea of what could be done since he brought the topic up.

I'm trying to think back to what we had in the old forums, that could be a useful template to use.
    Could there somehow be a modification of the search option that focuses on the titles of the threads? I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but when I look up a title of a thread on the search bar, a slew of unrelated threads show up based on the posts that are in the thread, not the actual title of the thread.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Could there somehow be a modification of the search option that focuses on the titles of the threads? I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but when I look up a title of a thread on the search bar, a slew of unrelated threads show up based on the posts that are in the thread, not the actual title of the thread.
    I have the same issue, and have mentioned the problem before. I may want to search for the "Your Favorite Film?" thread, type the thread name in, and get noting relating to that thread. Instead I have to go to the profile of whoever created the thread and search through his/her created threads to get at it. It was suggested to me to use the bookmark function for the threads, which is a good improvisation until the issue is resolved.

• The board is so slow......not fast...please tell me what wrong?
    The board is so slow......not fast...please tell me what wrong?
    I've been having terrible loading issues fairly often. It isn't uncommon for a minute long load time per click. Has anyone else been having this issue, as well?

• MI6MI6 Administrator
    In the interest of science (and of helping us solve the problems you are experiencing) can you tell us (in a Private Message if you prefer) what browser you are using (including version, which is normally under Help -> About 'Internet Browser Name') and if you switch to another, say FireFox or Chrome, does it speed up at all?
  • Internet explorer 8..sorry cant PM because it too slowing
    Both Google Chrome and Safari have the slow downs for me.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 19,339
    It certainly can be done, at the start it was decided not to but now that we have a lot of content it could be broken down a bit. Any suggestions @barryt007?
    Well i think we would need to follow the format of KTBEU and use some or all of the templates from there : Music,Actors,Games (as in games on here nor PS3 or XBOX etc ),trivia,martini lounge (to take pressure off the general discussion thread).maybe sectionise each Bond era ,ie: Bond in the 60s',Bond in the 70's,Bond in the 80's,Bond in the 90's ,Bond in the 2000 etc...

• LudsLuds MIA
    We're looking into this. Some new categories will be created and content moved within a short while.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Just Thinking I use IOS for about 75% of my posting and when I go for the "discussions" button i hit "sign out" because on the screen there so close together... and thats on a iPad !!!

Posta settecento
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    @Virage - you can click or tap on the MI6 logo top left to get back to the discussions page. That should avoid any mis-clicking.
  • still having trouble with the site loading? I still dont know why it take so long...what can I do?
    yeah had that on TV alerts. It would open blank.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Seems it may be an issue with Java Script handling. We have an major release in testing that uses a different structure that should resolve this.
    Okay
    My main page is frozen. It's stuck on about 9pm last night , it won't buge. I can't see if any of the disscusions have new posts.
    Hi, I was wondering if there is any way I can see 'My discussions' like on the old site? I keep losing/forgetting where I have commented if I go away for a few days. And it was good for following replies and responding.
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Hi, I was wondering if there is any way I can see 'My discussions' like on the old site? I keep losing/forgetting where I have commented if I go away for a few days. And it was good for following replies and responding.
    Go to your profile and click on the "Comments" tab.

OK, maybe I am being a complete idiot here, but I go on my profile page and all I have is an 'Acitvity' tab and a 'Notifications' tab.

I noticed this when I first joined, also if I click on someone elses name in the site, it takes me to their profile and they have a comments tab, yet I don't. :-?

Do I need to make a certain number of posts on the site or something before I get a comments tab?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That is weird @Geo_Bay...

OK, maybe I am being a complete idiot here, but I go on my profile page and all I have is an 'Acitvity' tab and a 'Notifications' tab.

I noticed this when I first joined, also if I click on someone elses name in the site, it takes me to their profile and they have a comments tab, yet I don't. :-?

Do I need to make a certain number of posts on the site or something before I get a comments tab?
    No, it's more than likely an error with your account. If you contact a mod I'm sure they can get your permissions sorted out for you. Other members have had similar problems as far as I know.
  • LudsLuds MIA

Some folks have reported this, here's a workaround:
    Click on Activity, your URL will then change to
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/profile/activity/1440/geo_bay
    Then change "activity" in the URL to "comments" for your posts and "discussions" for your threads

It may have been me but for a while earlier on today I was unable to get onto the site and the forums, was this my problem or because of the Bond 23 news? If it was, will everything we OK for next week?...

I sense big trouble otherwise. Very nice to see the site busy, mind!
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited October 2011 Posts: 1,380
    Yes, we got absolutely slammed during a 60 minute window when the press conference news hit the wires, facebook and twitter simultaneously. Things have been ramped up now that we are heading in to busier periods.
    Yes, we got absolutely slammed during a 60 minute window when the press conference news hit the wires, facebook and twitter simultaneously. Things have been ramped up now that we are heading in to busier periods.
    Oh, OK. That's good to know it wasn't my connection. I hope all is working well for the time ahead, as you say, things can only get busier now.
    We seriously need a swear filter. There's a handful of members - and I'm sure you all know who I'm referring to - who have decided that it's perfectly acceptable to swear because they do it all the time in real life. And the arguments over it and using it are putting me off staying around the forums.
    To be honest we're in need of quite a few updates, just check the current to-do list, but there's no time scale, as far as I'm aware, for this. It seems it's up to Vanilla who provide the forum software. As a result, we have to wait and grit our teeth. It is annoying sometimes but in order to get though these times I just try my best to grin and bare it. I hope you can too Shadow.
This discussion has been closed.