Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• LudsLuds MIA
    Could be a faulty plugin?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Sometimes when I post a message it appears twice as has just happened in a thread? Why is this?

Also, any update on when a delete button should be implemented?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Samuel001 Happens to me quite frequently - I just go back to the MI6Community home page, go back into the thread, and the double post disappear.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

We are hoping for some updates to be done in the next week or two. This is one of the issues in the queue.
    @Samuel001 Happens to me quite frequently - I just go back to the MI6Community home page, go back into the thread, and the double post disappear.
    Thank you, @DaltonCraig007 I didn't know that. I'll try that out in future.

We are hoping for some updates to be done in the next week or two. This is one of the issues in the queue.
    Good to know @NicNac. I look forward to see what else is in store.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Could be a faulty plugin?

Any idea how to update it? Its still taking so much time to log in and cruise around this board only. No other websites I visit take this long.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    @WW If it's your java, I assume you use Sun Java as most do, you can do a quick test here, select Do I Have Java. From that page following your result you can select "Remove Older Version" on the left pane, and then install the latest.

There are a few thing to try as well
    Ensure Java is enabled in browser
    Clear browser cache

IE settings may block popups, and not allow java script.
    This can be rectified under Tools/Browser Options, Security Tab, you can add mi6community under it, and lower the restrictions or make custom restrictions, although I'm not sure which ones they would be.
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    My clock on the posting times is currently about fourty minutes too fast. Is there any reason for this and it just happening to me or a more universal problem?

Also, are there any updates on the aforementioned updates?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2011 Posts: 15,690
    My clock seems to be 28 minutes too late.. (I just posted at 5:14 PM but it is actually 5:32 PM here...)
  • SharkShark Banned
    Do you think there could be font, colour, bold, italics and other options? Also, what about the ability to read through one's (or another's) post history, or maybe an advanced search feature?

Right now, the place is simple and accessible, but what it lacks are those fine tuned features - that separate say your average message board from Facebook.

Locations would be nice too. They always gave potential for some cracking humour in the old forums. Ranks aren't necessary, but they do give some incentive for posting (for good or ill).
    edited June 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Largo's Shark is BACK !! :-bd

italics : < i>sss< /i>
    bold : < b>sss< /b>
    (without spaces)
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited June 2011 Posts: 1,986
    @Shark to check one's post history, select the user name, then the right tab. Activity = wall stuff, Discussions = Discussions started, Comments = what you're looking for. In some case the buttons aren't all there, just click Activity and replace 'activity' in the url by comments. Not sure why this happens, I believe it's for people who haven't done much lately.

You can have a look at the roadmap to see what's been listed in to do list and already implemented
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Do you think there could be font, colour, bold, italics and other options?
    I believe along with the delete button they're on the way next. I just hope that's sooner rather than later.
    Any chance of being about to use the quote function when you PM someone in the near future? Also any other updates on the way soon?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    There are some major updates coming in a big roll up. It may be a month out, but I'm sure you'll all like what's coming :)
    There are some major updates coming in a big roll up. It may be a month out, but I'm sure you'll all like what's coming :)
    Wicked. Can't wait. Thanks @JamesPage.
    I don't know why but I sometimes get double posts when I only click "post comment" once. What's up wit dat?
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I don't know why but I sometimes get double posts when I only click "post comment" once. What's up wit dat?
    I'm not sure maybe someone else can answer but in order to fix it just return to "Discussions" by clicking the tab and one of them will have magically disappeared. Really strange. Hopefully this is fixed in the next update which could be here in about a month's time. :-D
    Is there any way to mark all threads as read ?
    I have 30 pages worth still there and want to get rid of them .
  • How about some anti-Craig articles on the frontpage? :-D
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Is there any way to mark all threads as read ?
    I have 30 pages worth still there and want to get rid of them .
    We had that in and had to remove it as there were some side effects. I'll ping the admins and see what happened about this.
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    Thanks you for your work men ;;)
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 565
    Sorry for most likely repeating what someone already asked, but how do you see you own posts. There's a tab called "comments" in other people's profiles but not one in your own. Hope I make sense. Thanks!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Sorry for most likely repeating what someone already asked, but how do you see you own posts. There's a tab called "comments" in other people's profiles but not one in your own. Hope I make sense. Thanks!
    You should see a tab "Discussions" for all your topics and "Comments" for all your posts. If either doesn't show, select any tab you see, (say Activity) and change that in the URL (activity to comments)

URL should end with /index.php?p=/profile/comments
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 565
    @Luds: My suspicions were right...

Okay so beforehand I did not have either the discussion or comments tabs in my profile (just the activity and notification tabs). Funny thing, I just made a discussion/thread and guess what happened when I went to my profile afterwards...they both showed up. Might there be something in the order that those tabs are listed that may effect whether they are hidden or not?

Anyway, your trick worked for me before I started a discussion (and got the tabs).
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited August 2011 Posts: 1,986
    @JamesStock I'm pretty sure it has to do with recent activity. Posters who haven't posted in a while, or logged in for a while. It's clearly a defect in the software, but at least there are workarounds.
    Ah ok. Fair enough. Thanks for the help!
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    The times of the posts are all wrong.

It is 14:16 where I live. It says I posted at 14:49, when I will post again in 12 minutes, it will say I posted at 14:01... BEFORE this post... And at 14:29 the time will change to 15:30... at 15:59 the time will change to 15:00 and than to 16:30... It seems the last 30 minutes of every hour take place BEFORE the first 30 minutes of every hour...

The clock of the board go : 14:30->14:59->14:00->14:29->15:30->15:59->15:00.....
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Like DC, I think the timing issue seems to be the same for me. I hope this can be fixed becuase it often confuses me if I've using the forum's time as a guide for when I need to go out for example.

Right now it's 16:21, the post time is 16:54.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 40,474
    Very excited for what's in store, especially a delete button, button choice for bold and italics, and hopefully there will be a way to fix the clock.

28 minutes fast here, as well. Posted at 11:01 AM, it's 11:29 AM here.
This discussion has been closed.