The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Oooh, very promising. Let's hope we at least get Rooney and Dan back.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    This is looking very good. It also reminds me a lot of when Craig was first announced in 2005.

James-Bond.jpg

James-Bond.jpg

dcraig3.jpg

craig-X6UZ_o_tn.jpg

See the similarities?

Hard to tell for sure, but think the coat may be the Maidan coat from Thomas Pink which is something I predicted last year that they may choose for the film. http://www.thomaspink.com/Maidan-Coat/Outerwear/thomas-pink/fcp-product/99928297
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Germanlady wrote: »

That's interesting the fourth book is coming out. I hope it is true that the sequels will be made.

If filming will be back to back between 2016 and 2017 (maybe the even begin production late 2015) it would open DC schedule for B25 in either 2017 or 2018.
  • It makes me wonder : how could they got away with having to wear safety jackets for the shooting, and not for the press announcement ?!?

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883

This is the best news I've heard in a long while...loved the first one.....very un-Hollywood like......Thank you!

It's about time those goofs at Sony got with it and made sequels to this, including with Fincher, rather than wasting his time on yet another Steve Jobs biopic. Now that he turned that down, as well as Jolie's Cleopatra, perhaps he will focus on this. Craig will be free after SP, and that could also mean (not necessarily though) that B25 is 2018 most likely.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Let's hope so.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I wonder if they are targeting christmas releases for both sequels. I do hope there's a chance that B25 gets a fall 2017 release.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The films will be shot back to back it seems, which would be spectacular for someone like Dan who may have a Bond heavy schedule around that time. I'm glad there's any interest at all in making the rest of the books into movies.
    Ahh, would love to see those movies. With Fincher directing obviously and the same main stars just as obviously.

[-O<
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Since people were already talking about Zara clothes: did you know that Bond is wearing a ZARA KIDS shirt in Skyfall in the Turkey scenes after the PTS and in the first few scenes back in London? =))

@Germanlady This would be amazing but only with Fincher returning! The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is my single favourite movie of the past five years.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    It makes me wonder : how could they got away with having to wear safety jackets for the shooting, and not for the press announcement ?!?
    Since people were already talking about Zara clothes: did you know that Bond is wearing a ZARA KIDS shirt in Skyfall in the Turkey scenes after the PTS and in the first few scenes back in London? =))

@Germanlady This would be amazing but only with Fincher returning! The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is my single favourite movie of the past five years.

The shirt is Zara Youth not a kids shirt it was a line of clothing called youth. The shirt is know to collectors as "enjoying death" shirt after the dvd chapter name which comes from the line when M asks "Where the bloody hell have you been?" Bond "enjoying death" he wears it with a rare levis menlo vintage leather jacket.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Germanlady has made my day with the Millennium Trilogy news. I do hope this pans out. I'll be one very happy man.
    And it won't open over Christmas either. That was the greatest stupidity.

That's great news indeed!!! Lets hope Dan and Rooney are both asked to reprise their roles, schedules permitting? Although i would not want it to interfere with Bond 25, would rather them filmed once Dan stands down from 007 if his 5th is his last? Though i have to say i do not want another 3 year wait for Bond 25?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    As much as I want to see Craig, Mara and Fincher continue I don't think some web site like this should be taken as a given that this is happening, are leaked emails going to be taken serious now as official announcements?

Plus isn't Pascal's status looking dodgy surely someone is going to get scapegoated for this fiasco? If she gets canned this all could change and will Fincher work with Sony again? The first person to go should be the idiot that green lighted that bloody film in the first place, not surprised it's screenings have been cancelled by Sony.

As for Bond 25 not taking 3 more years after Spectre I'll be very surprised if it's followed up in less time than that.

If the BB, MGW and Craig don't want it then it won't happen, EON productions is not your bitch!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I can actually see Bond 25 getting a 2017 release actually.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thrilled they are continuing on with the Millennium series! I want a good director, but it really does not have to be Fincher for me to be happy. Great to see the stories being made into films. They are so cinematic, when you read them. :)
    The emails are what they are, more accurate then any dodgy report, but yes, without Pascal, everything could change. Another reason, she should stay.

But both, Daniel and Rooney, have the sequels written in their contracts, so they HAVE to do them.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    doubleoego wrote: »

I'd like it as well but with the current way things have worked the smart money is more likely on 2018, I'm not sure where the evidence points to this anyway. The last time they did 2 years we got QOS and some fans liked it but it wasn't received like CR or SF, EON won't be wanting a situation like that again.

I'm willing to bet it will be 2018 before Bond 25 appears, wishful thinking is the only thing making you think this way and you know it, how many people said Bond 24 would be in 2014 and then got disappointed when it wasn't

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I agree with your comments Shardlake, but I don't think QOS's shortcomings were necessarily due to a two year cycle although it didn't help.
    And B24 took an extra year mainly because they waited for Sam Mendes. Although clearly the script problems were an issue.

However, the modern Bonds will need 3 years in the future to write and prepare. It's the way of the world these days.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Shardlake wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »

I'd like it as well but with the current way things have worked the smart money is more likely on 2018, I'm not sure where the evidence points to this anyway. The last time they did 2 years we got QOS and some fans liked it but it wasn't received like CR or SF, EON won't be wanting a situation like that again.

I'm willing to bet it will be 2018 before Bond 25 appears, wishful thinking is the only thing making you think this way and you know it, how many people said Bond 24 would be in 2014 and then got disappointed when it wasn't

It's definitely wishful thinking on my part I don't deny that but it's not impossible to get Bond 25 out for a 2017 release window. One of the reasons SPECTRE is getting a 2015 release date is primarily because EON decided to wait for Mendes; as for QoS had there been no writer's strike, directing and editing style aside the film would have had a more complete and coherent story.
    So he has a cameo? I would prefer a proper part for him. Would be good to see him play a baddy.
    Guess we will all have to wait and see if we can find out or figure out which one he is?
    Guess we will all have to wait and see if we can find out or figure out which one he is?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    RogueAgent wrote: »

He'll be the one with the wide stance :)

Can't believe he's just gonna play a faceless storm trooper - what a waste!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The problem with cameos in films other than comedies is that they often pull the view out of the film; suddenly there is an awareness of watching a film, rather than being immersed in the experience. Picture that you're watching the new Star Wars; the action is flowing; hopefully the movie is great. Daniel Craig pops up; he's there for a couple of seconds or minutes. It can really break the illusion.
    talos7 wrote: »
    The problem with cameos in films other than comedies is that they often pull the view out of the film; suddenly there is an awareness of watching a film, rather than being immersed in the experience. Picture that you're watching the new Star Wars; the action is flowing; hopefully the movie is great. Daniel Craig pops up; he's there for a couple of seconds or minutes. It can really break the illusion.

Agree. That's why I hope he has a proper part.
    I suppose it was the case of a spur of the moment. He was there, they were shooting and he asked for a cameo. Being the laid back, dont make any fuss about me person, it will be a very small part, probably unrecognizable. Its the stuff, he does for his own fun and nothing else.