The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    No, it's the almost orange hair and the blue sweater that's like Tintin
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited December 2014 Posts: 12,459
    We have one on here (somewhere ...) taken of him apparently laughing a bit and yes it gives him a least 2 prominent double chins and looks bad; but it is just because of the way his body moved that split second. Could happen to most people, but I never thought about it being photoshopped.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    04514435.jpg&w=1484

I'd say it's Photoshopped. Either way, who cares? We can see how fit he is.
  • Come on, it's not Photoshopped. It's part of the pool of photos sent to every press agency. When you burst out laughing, your face can look weird.

About Tintin, yes it was the overall feeling that made me think that.

964270craigtintin.jpg

:)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I see the sweater Tintin look, but he has does not look orange to me. :)
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    I think it's more the overall look, including the tan and hair dye that gives a semi-Tintin effect. Coincidental because Craig is the voice of Haddock Red Rackham (corrected, and thank you for pointing it out @Shardlake & @Sandy) in the Tintin movie
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Andy Serkis is the voice of Haddock?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,012
    It's sad when media use just about the worse photo of a person, but that happens a lot unfortunately.

He does remind me a bit of Tintin in that photo, I have no problem with that but the hair is in no way orange. He voiced both Saccharine and the pirate Rackham in the film.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Looking like Tin Tin :)) once it's pointed out, it's all you see ! :))
    Best Bond since the 1960's.
    His films are what Bond SHOULD be.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 372
    I refused to watch the new Bond movies at first because of Craig but then I saw him and I was immediately sold. He´s a phenomenal actor if you ask me, and he seems to have a great sense of humor in interviews.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I refused to watch the new Bond movies at first because of Craig but then I saw him and I was immediately sold. He´s a phenomenal actor if you ask me, and he seems to have a great sense of humor in interviews.
    One of the biggest happy surprises in film casting history, probably. I respect Dan a hell of a lot for how he composed himself at that time, taking all the hits and never stepping down. All of his success in this role has been won with blood, sweat and tears, and though he's not the type to do it, he could yell at the top of his lungs, "I told you so!" to all his bashers.
    /\ Well said 0Brady! I really could not agree more with how Daniel has conducted himself.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I wasn't the biggest fan of QOS, but I always loved Craig as Bond.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,554
    The Bond films lost me during the Dalton and Brosnan years. In Dalton's case, not his fault--I was in college when his two films came out and was far more interested in sex, drugs, and RnR than Bond movies. The six-year gap to Brosnan hurt matters.

DC brought me back, big time.
    Come on, it's not Photoshopped. It's part of the pool of photos sent to every press agency. When you burst out laughing, your face can look weird.

About Tintin, yes it was the overall feeling that made me think that.

964270craigtintin.jpg

:)

Tin Tin or not...the man knows how to dress! He always looks good.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    bondjames wrote: »
    He's kind of got a Connery look there, with the black hair.

My thoughts exactly he really does!
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    This is looking very good. It also reminds me a lot of when Craig was first announced in 2005.

James-Bond.jpg

James-Bond.jpg

dcraig3.jpg

craig-X6UZ_o_tn.jpg

See the similarities?
    Kinnear looks like he wet himself in the last one
    James-Bond.jpg

James-Bond.jpg

Happy shootings
    Haven't seen a happier Craig in years, from the press conference to this shoot. He's raring to go.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I have an almost identical coat to Craig's.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I have an almost identical coat to Craig's.

I congratulate you on your good taste. This kind of jacket is an elegant addition to any gentleman's wardrobe. The one Craig is wearing fits like a glove. The quality of the tailoring (Tom Ford house, I presume) can be seen by the way the seem connecting the arm to the shoulder looks absolutely perfect from all angles (no twisting), just compare to the hideous thing he was wearing 9 years ago. Also, the fit is noticeably less tight than last time.
    Thanks @Sandy; Mine is from Zara. It's fitted and oh so comfortable and warm without looking ridiculously tight. It's a bit hard to tell with these latest pics of Craig but I do hope the fit of his suits are more in line with the Tom Ford suits from QoS. They were exquisite.
    @doubleoego in my experience Zara usually produces nice coats at a reasonable price. I have a couple of (female) blazers bought there that even my (ex-tailor) father agrees fit rather nice.
    Yeah, Zara have some pretty good items of clothing that are complimentary fitting.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Very close to CR
    Cats_zps20b7c296.jpg
    talos7 wrote: »
    Very close to CR
    Cats_zps20b7c296.jpg

Got the Tintin look there again.
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Very close to CR