Coming soon to TV screens- The upcoming TV shows thread

1242526272830»

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2023 Posts: 23,352
    Fallout - Official Teaser Trailer (2024) Ella Purnell, Walton Goggins, Aaron Moten, Moises Arias

I have not played any of the games though this looks interesting. I feel compelled to buy the games after watching this a few times, i may have played one briefly, set in vegas?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2023 Posts: 23,352
    The Boys Season 4 Trailer (2024)
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Fallout - Official Teaser Trailer (2024) Ella Purnell, Walton Goggins, Aaron Moten, Moises Arias

I have not played any of the games though this looks interesting. I feel compelled to buy the games after watching this a few times, i may have played one briefly, set in vegas?

If you have, you would know that this is going to be freaking epic.

The trailer looks great, something to look forward to.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

I would recommend the games as well, depending if or what gaming system you have.

I would recommend the games as well, depending if or what gaming system you have.

Xbox One X and PC, I think I own one of them from years ago on my old 360 that i never got into. I was just looking at the games on STEAM to get an idea of prices.
    HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Season 2 Teaser
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The final season is finally coming in 2024:

Curb-Your-Enthusiasm-Key-Art-1.jpg
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Frasier (2023) | Official Trailer | Paramount+

I am a big fan of the show and Cheers back in the day, I can't believe Dave is in this (you know if you know).

An enjoyable series. It takes a couple of episodes to warm up to the new cast, but it works. Hopefully will get a couple of seasons.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    [
    Creasy47 wrote: »

James is still on my potential Bond list.

Constellation — Official Trailer | Apple TV+

I have never subscribed to Apple TV+ though this looks pretty good, I do like Noomi Rapace good actress.
    Excitingly, Jon Stewart is returning to host The Daily Show every Monday throughout the 2024 U.S. presidential election cycle:

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-news/jon-stewart-return-the-daily-show-monday-host-1234953279/
    That one looks funny :

THE SYMPATHIZER Trailer 2 (2024) Robert Downey Jr.

Now I have a frame of reference (played Fallout 3 and some of 4) I am really excited for this, I get all the references lol
    I think the only thing that will hold back my enjoyment from it are the two leads, who seem pretty stiff and uninteresting in these trailers. Goggins will fully deliver though.
    edited March 7 Posts: 23,352
    I think the only thing that will hold back my enjoyment from it are the two leads, who seem pretty stiff and uninteresting in these trailers. Goggins will fully deliver though.

Yeah I guess its where the characters are taken, you just know there will be episodes with abandoned/locked vaults with certain horrors inside.
  • edited March 17 Posts: 6,677
    Has anyone seen this one? Is it really this good?

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/shogun_2024

I mean, I know it's RT, but 99% Damn!

I loved the one with Richard Chamberlain, but this adaptation seems like the real deal. The production values are flawless, apparently.
  • 23skidoo23skidoo Canada
    Univex wrote: »

I loved the one with Richard Chamberlain, but this adaptation seems like the real deal. The production values are flawless, apparently.

I've seen part of the first episode. It looks good, though very different from the miniseries and having read the novel recently it'll be interesting to see how close the follow Clavell (I also find the new Blackthorne and Rodrigues don't have the charisma of Chamberlain or John Rhys Davies - but who does?). Having been stung before with an adaptation going off the raids (*cough*Game of Thrones*cough*) I've decided to wait till it's done before investing whole hog. (I understand it's a one-off, not ongoing, so that's a benefit right there). I hope it works out well as it would be cool if they went on to adapt Taipan, a period-accurate Noble House (the TV version was updated from the 60s to 90s), Gai-Jin, etc.

One thing that the 1980 version trumps the new one on is the Chamberlain series was actually shot in Japan (the new one was shot around Vancouver, I believe). But that's neither here nor there unless a moose wanders into a shot or something. LOL.
  • edited March 19 Posts: 6,677
    23skidoo wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »

I've seen part of the first episode. It looks good, though very different from the miniseries and having read the novel recently it'll be interesting to see how close the follow Clavell (I also find the new Blackthorne and Rodrigues don't have the charisma of Chamberlain or John Rhys Davies - but who does?). Having been stung before with an adaptation going off the raids (*cough*Game of Thrones*cough*) I've decided to wait till it's done before investing whole hog. (I understand it's a one-off, not ongoing, so that's a benefit right there). I hope it works out well as it would be cool if they went on to adapt Taipan, a period-accurate Noble House (the TV version was updated from the 60s to 90s), Gai-Jin, etc.

One thing that the 1980 version trumps the new one on is the Chamberlain series was actually shot in Japan (the new one was shot around Vancouver, I believe). But that's neither here nor there unless a moose wanders into a shot or something. LOL.

You and I, sir, are one the same page regarding the show. I too love the Chamberlain/Rhys Davies duo in the mini series. Thank you for your answer. I’ll keep my expectations in due check ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."