Coming soon to TV screens- The upcoming TV shows thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Season 6 of Better Call Saul coming up next month. The last one.

My girlfriend and I were slowly working through the series finally a couple of months back but it's not as easy to burn through as Breaking Bad was. I know it's going to get great eventually, we just need to keep with it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »

My girlfriend and I were slowly working through the series finally a couple of months back but it's not as easy to burn through as Breaking Bad was. I know it's going to get great eventually, we just need to keep with it.

I saw the trailer a few days ago, but it suddenly vanished again.

I saw the trailer a few days ago, but it suddenly vanished again.

Here's one I found posted a few days back:

Thanks. So many interesting characters in that show. I think my favourite is Mike.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2022 Posts: 4,442
    Hope Warner found Tokyo Vice intresting enough to release on BD.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mike Myers new TV show...
    Welcome to Derry, a prequel series focusing on the origins of Pennywise the Clown and all the life he encompasses, is being worked on in the writer's room for HBO. No confirmation or greenlight yet but work has begun:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3709055/welcome-to-derry-it-prequel-series-reportedly-in-development-at-hbo-max/
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm looking forward to Slow Horses on Apple TV, coming on 1st April. It's a London spy thriller, based on the series of books by Mick Herron.

Mick Jagger has done a song for the theme tune with Daniel Pemberton, should be interesting.
    mtm wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Slow Horses on Apple TV, coming on 1st April. It's a London spy thriller, based on the series of books by Mick Herron.

Mick Jagger has done a song for the theme tune with Daniel Pemberton, should be interesting.

I just saw a trailer for that, doesn't look too bad. When it comes to new British series, I'm super eager for S2 of Gangs of London. The first season was incredibly entertaining.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes I’d like to catch that, I don’t think I have the channel though.
    I don't recall where I even saw it when I watched the first season but it's available on Fubo and AMC+ currently. It's worth searching out.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Welcome to Derry, a prequel series focusing on the origins of Pennywise the Clown and all the life he encompasses, is being worked on in the writer's room for HBO. No confirmation or greenlight yet but work has begun:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3709055/welcome-to-derry-it-prequel-series-reportedly-in-development-at-hbo-max/

Hmm, I'm always wary of demystifying characters or events in classic stories, the greatness of which was originally derived in large part from the element of the unknown (see: Alien's xenomorph or Michael Myers). Will the horror of Pennywise increase with our knowing more about his origins? Isn't he supposed to be some ancient alien that's older than our known universe anyways? How far back are we going here?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I don't recall where I even saw it when I watched the first season but it's available on Fubo and AMC+ currently. It's worth searching out.

Ah thanks I’m in the U.K.; I think it was only on Sky Atlantic here, I’ll have to check.

Hmm, I'm always wary of demystifying characters or events in classic stories, the greatness of which was originally derived in large part from the element of the unknown (see: Alien's xenomorph or Michael Myers). Will the horror of Pennywise increase with our knowing more about his origins? Isn't he supposed to be some ancient alien that's older than our known universe anyways? How far back are we going here?

He is. I know the recent films went as far back as the 1800s (or maybe earlier, can't recall) to show his origins but he's been around forever, so I'm not sure how effective this is going to be.
    Might be the only Sheridan series I'm still eager to check out (though I'm in the minority in loving Mayor of Kingstown. Think I'm done with Yellowstone, it's an entirely different beast now and I can only handle so much melodramatic soap opera and overacting before I'm burnt out).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Resident Evil

I had no idea there was a show in the works, admittedly I have not had Netflix for around a year.
    You aren't missing out on much by not having Netflix anymore; once the new season of Stranger Things ends, I'll be canceling my subscription.
    You aren't missing out on much by not having Netflix anymore; once the new season of Stranger Things ends, I'll be canceling my subscription.

I used to get the 4K subscription on Netflix though after price hikes I thought no thank you, other services are far better value for money.
    Resident Evil

I had no idea there was a show in the works, admittedly I have not had Netflix for around a year.

Looks fun!!!! 8-X

Season 3 coming up this weekend.
    edited May 2022 Posts: 23,337
    The Boys Season 3 Trailer 2.

More insanity.
    For fans of Love, Death + Robots, Netflix has surprise dropped the first episode of S3 online before its May 20th premiere:

edited May 2022 Posts: 23,337
    Quantum Leap Reboot...
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/cosmicbook.news/quantum-leap-diverse-non-binary-cast?amp
    quantum-leap-reboot-diverse-non-binary-cast.jpg?itok=6UfdFYxn&timestamp=1652711470

I guess Scott Bakula is not in it.
    This doesn't look particularly inviting to me but I love that they brought Warwick back for this. I remember nothing of the original film but I saw it a bunch when I was very young.