Coming soon to TV screens- The upcoming TV shows thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yep, because Bad Boys surely needed a spin-off.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    And where is the actual Bad Boys 3?!
    According to Martin Lawrence, it's not happening.
    Action movie fans cry out for a third installment in the series, and we get a TV spin-off not one single human being asked for.

Coming soon: a spinoff that follows the tale of the two police officers Jason Bourne dispatches early on in The Bourne Identity. If it sells, maybe we can get a prequel focusing on the person who created the suitcase that Jules gets ahold of in Pulp Fiction!
    Hahaha! You know? We’d find it absurdly funny, they’d actually think it’s genius and decide to go Banco on it.
    Hahaha! You know? We’d find it absurdly funny, they’d actually think it’s genius and decide to go Banco on it.

I'd never put those ideas past them, especially if they think it'll put a dollar in their pockets. I'm astounded by some of these prequels, spinoffs, and origin stories they're coming up with lately.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'd never put those ideas past them, especially if they think it'll put a dollar in their pockets. I'm astounded by some of these prequels, spinoffs, and origin stories they're coming up with lately.
    “Most annoying!”
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I assumed the Bad Boys spin-off would somehow lead into the third film, but strange to hear it's not happening. So, because they couldn't get funding for an actual movie fans wanted, those behind the brand just decided to give the fans a show they didn't want just to give them something. ??

How was that Taken prequel TV show, by the way? I saw the first season in the store recently and just laughed while seeing it. Why do it?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't tend to like movies that become TV shows (nor the other way around), but Lethal Weapon made the jump well.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't tend to like movies that become TV shows (nor the other way around), but Lethal Weapon made the jump well.

Haven't seen a lot of that show, but from what I did see I could tell they got the essence of the leads and did something interesting in exploring them as men that went a bit more into their stories and what made them what they are.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Rush Hour was just plain horrible. You can't take Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker out of that title and make it work.
    Rush Hour was just plain horrible. You can't take Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker out of that title and make it work.

Yikes. That must've died quickly, as I don't even remember it being a thing.
    It had one season.
    I bailed out on Taken after six episodes or so. It lost the plot and became boring despite a solid first two episodes.
    I bailed out on Taken after six episodes or so. It lost the plot and became boring despite a solid first two episodes.

@ClarkDevlin, have you read this:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/taken/264376/taken-season-2-nbc-boss-reveals-why-cast-was-fired

Pretty radical and hilarious course-correction, I must say. I don't know how much this will serve the show, or if it's even worth trying, but we'll see. NBC are usually pretty good at knowing when their garbage needs taken out, however, so with this sticking around maybe they actually want to do something interesting...
    Never seen that before. But, as I didn’t continue throughout the series, I do think it needs to be retooled. Movie-to-TV series contents really don’t take risks and introduce something new (as well as well-thought), which is why many of them fail.

I still think Clive Standen is a terrific Brian Mills as he does evoke the younger Liam Neeson vibes when playing the character. I also love Jenny Beals. My problem with the series was its repetitive and going-nowhere story arc that could’ve been accomplished in six episodes, but they kept extending it, even sometimes telling useless stories that indicate to a waste of time. That’s why I bailed out.

I’ll give Season 2 a chance once I follow the Season 1 highlights without watching the whole thing.
    I'm not sure I even knew a Rush Hour series existed. Makes sense that it disappeared as soon as it began.
    Never seen that before. But, as I didn’t continue throughout the series, I do think it needs to be retooled. Movie-to-TV series contents really don’t take risks and introduce something new (as well as well-thought), which is why many of them fail.

I still think Clive Standen is a terrific Brian Mills as he does evoke the younger Liam Neeson vibes when playing the character. I also love Jenny Beals. My problem with the series was its repetitive and going-nowhere story arc that could’ve been accomplished in six episodes, but they kept extending it, even sometimes telling useless stories that indicate to a waste of time. That’s why I bailed out.

I’ll give Season 2 a chance once I follow the Season 1 highlights without watching the whole thing.

Judging from that article Standen and Beals will be the new focus, or have more of the focus. I just wonder how they're going to tell spy stories without a team there to back Mills up, especially when his love interest from the first season is out too. I assume Lenore will be written in somewhere there mid to late season.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Major Bond connection in this trailer:

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Major Bond connection in this trailer:

Excellent stuff. I'm compelled to view LALD tonight after hearing The Wings in full glory. I didn't even realize this show was on Prime. I have a membership and so should be able to get it.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 684
    bondjames wrote: »
    Excellent stuff. I'm compelled to view LALD tonight after hearing The Wings in full glory. I didn't even realize this show was on Prime. I have a membership and so should be able to get it.
    Yeah, this trailer has me considerably excited for the second season. The first was top notch. Some parts were a little awkward as they felt out the new format, but the move off Top Gear refreshed them on the whole.
    The opening of that first Grand Tour episode was one of the coolest filmed sequences I've seen on a non-film program.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 15,690
    The next true-story Netflix crime show, Alias Grace, is debuting this Friday (Nov 3rd), and is already getting very positive reviews:

They don't know when to quit. 24 is returning, only now as a legal thriller with a female lead:

http://www.slashfilm.com/24-revival/#more-449178
    They don't know when to quit. 24 is returning, only now as a legal thriller with a female lead:

Every episode will be one hour in a court room.

A deadly race against time to see who falls asleep first: the jury or the audiences at home.

A deadly race against time to see who falls asleep first: the jury or the audiences at home.

It has the potential to be the greatest dissection of the judicial process ever seen (sorry, The People v. O. J. Simpson), where the entire second half of the season amounting to at least eight episodes will capture the eight hours of deliberation the jury will be doing about the defendant based upon the case we'd seen argued by both sides in the first half.

Innovative, genius, arresting! And maybe a Kiefer Sutherland cameo as a bailiff.
    Just have him cameo as the lead actress in one random episode - Sutherland in some shoddy wig and dress, voice totally unchanged, but the entire episode is still straight-faced and serious, and nobody acts like anything is amiss or different.

Really not sure about this at all?