Coming soon to TV screens- The upcoming TV shows thread

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I do really wish somebody pushes the reboot button on Hollywood so they start being original again.

Reboot Hollywood, they'll just rehash what they did before with a fresh coat of paint.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I do really wish somebody pushes the reboot button on Hollywood so they start being original again.

Reboot Hollywood, they'll just rehash what they did before with a fresh coat of paint.
    That, also, might be true.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    When everyone else is beating their dead horses, nice to see Netflix remain utterly original. I also love that they are supporting original shows and films from foreign nations and sharing them with the west. There's so much great stuff out there that isn't in English.
    When everyone else is beating their dead horses, nice to see Netflix remain utterly original. I also love that they are supporting original shows and films from foreign nations and sharing them with the west. There's so much great stuff out there that isn't in English.
    Caught at least three French TV series thanks to Netflix.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Caught at least three French TV series thanks to Netflix.

I caught one a couple weeks back that seemed like a pretty compelling murder mystery, but couldn't get past the first episode, really didn't care for the filming style; felt off to me. Having said that, there are definitely a lot of great foreign shows/movies on Netflix, particularly from Korea.
    My favourite Netflix series is French – A Very Secret Service (Au service de la France). Not originally made by Netflix I believe, but Netflix has the distribution rights outside France.
    My favourite Netflix series is French – A Very Secret Service (Au service de la France). Not originally made by Netflix I believe, but Netflix has the distribution rights outside France.
    That's the first one I've come across. :D

It's one of the funniest shows I've seen in years!

A friend of mine recommended me to see it, saying it's the closest we'll get to see a third OSS 117 film. :D

A friend of mine recommended me to see it, saying it's the closest we'll get to see a third OSS 117 film. :D

Yes, it's very similar – both in style and in comedy. Not a bad thing if you ask me. :)

Yes, it's very similar – both in style and in comedy. Not a bad thing if you ask me. :)
    Not at all. I love the show! :D

Not at all. I love the show! :D

On Imdb the second season is set for November – but no air dates. Strange...
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Amazon acquires Lord of the Rings, with a multi-season commitment and a possibility for spin-offs:

http://deadline.com/2017/11/amazon-the-lord-of-the-rings-tv-series-multi-season-commitment-1202207065/

If these figures are correct? Surely you would assume that rules them out of Bond?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Amazon acquires Lord of the Rings, with a multi-season commitment and a possibility for spin-offs:

http://deadline.com/2017/11/amazon-the-lord-of-the-rings-tv-series-multi-season-commitment-1202207065/

If these figures are correct? Surely you would assume that rules them out of Bond?

I personally don't see them getting the rights for Bond one way or another, but Amazon definitely has the kind of money to tackle both, especially considering they're shelling out a quarter of a billion solely for the rights - doesn't even factor in the computer work, casting, shooting, etc. which will run them another $100-150 million per season surely.
  • I do really wish somebody pushes the reboot button on Hollywood so they start being original again.

Yes, yes and yes! Add another yes! Sooner or later those high-priced prequels,sequels spin offs, whatever in TV and on the silver screen will implode and collapse on itself and Hollywood will be forced to reinvent itself. You don't know how long I'm waiting for it, but I'm sad to say that they can hardly produce something so stupid and absurd that it doesn't get a big success with the public. Anyway, I'm still hopeful it is bound to happen.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I personally don't see them getting the rights for Bond one way or another, but Amazon definitely has the kind of money to tackle both, especially considering they're shelling out a quarter of a billion solely for the rights - doesn't even factor in the computer work, casting, shooting, etc. which will run them another $100-150 million per season surely.

Fair point, I am just wondering now though whether they will wait for a new actor to occupy the role and the 60th anniversary before they try again?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Taylor Kitch? I didn t recognize him.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I thought season 4 was good, looking forward to season 5
    Same!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I binge watched season four in a couple of days I was hooked with the Madam Hydra arc.
    Makes you wish it was the actual Madame Hydra though. Could it be in this universe Ophelia Sarkissian doesn’t exist?
    Makes you wish it was the actual Madame Hydra though. Could it be in this universe Ophelia Sarkissian doesn’t exist?

I must confess I am a bit vague on some of Marvels characters, though I liked what they did with arc of the psychotic bot.

I must confess I am a bit vague on some of Marvels characters, though I liked what they did with arc of the psychotic bot.
    Definitely. Madame Hydra was a comic character, but Aida was original created for the show.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

Gareth Evans, director of the The Raid/The Raid 2 and the upcoming Apostle, has announced his next project: a big budget series, produced by HBO, Cinemax and Sky Atlantic, titled Gangs of London.

The plot: set in contemporary London as it is becoming torn apart by power struggles involving a number of international gangs. The series begins as the head of one criminal gang is assassinated and the power vacuum threatens the fragile peace between the other underworld organisations.

The series will debut in 2019.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Sheeeeeeit, @DaltonCraig007! Now that’s a series I wouldn’t miss! :D

I was watching The Punisher TV series yesterday and I thought... what if Garett Evans directs a Punisher movie starring Jon Bernthal?! I’d watch it in a heartbeat!
    Colombia will be getting its very first Netflix Original series soon, involving a series of murders and an indigenous tribe:

http://variety.com/2017/film/festivals/netflix-to-make-first-original-colombian-series-1202621537/
    edited December 2017 Posts: 40,473
    EDITED ARTICLE: House of Cards will resume production next year, with Robin Wright in the lead, for its sixth and final season with an eight episode count:

http://deadline.com/2017/12/ted-sarandos-says-house-of-cards-will-have-sixth-season-1202219529/

Netflix confirms season two of Mindhunter.

New trailer for Jack Ryan:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."