SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wouldn't necessarily give up hope on the chance of a second film. Were currently in a time where major blockbusters are given top priority. Once people get tired of those, I wouldn't be surprised if "A Girl who played with fire" comes around.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    As much as I want the second installment in the Millenium Trilogy to happen, I don't see it coming to fruition, either. The last chance I can see it happening with is after Fincher does 'Gone Girl' and Craig is done with 'Bond 24', but if it doesn't happen then, it never will. Same with the first 'A Series Of Unfortunate Events': too much time passed and it'll never receive a sequel.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Murdock wrote:
    I wouldn't necessarily give up hope on the chance of a second film. Were currently in a time where major blockbusters are given top priority. Once people get tired of those, I wouldn't be surprised if "A Girl who played with fire" comes around.

That better happen soon then. Two years on since the last film, we would have heard something by now.

Anyway, we have Bond and I'm happy enough with that.
    Excellent news indeed! If filming begins October 2014 as mentioned? We can start hazarding guesses as to when certain things will start to happen? Casting? Locations? Press conference ...........etc?!!! :-bd
    Using Skyfall as a guide, casting news will come from February, locations from April with the press conference in October.
    doubleoego wrote:
    The Rock is a legitimate and very good actor and would make an excellent henchman. Lord knows we'd definitely get a good fight even if if means Bond getting the living day lights beaten out if him. Patrice was nothing special imo.

Patrice was not meant to be Oddjob or Grant. He was a mercenary.
    Casting should be through out the year same with locations I would guess the title will be sort of announced in the summer (with son buying the title websites similar to Quantum of Solace and Skyfall)
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    @Ludovico So what? He was a mercenary that played his part in the film well, it doesn't make him great.

I think the bloke in TLD who had a fight with Necros in the kitchen played his part well. He wasn't meant to be Bond, he was meant to be some random agent. But I still won't say that he was a great character because he didn't have enough to do to be a great character.

Patrice was good for what he was, he had two decent fights with Bond and Rapace played him well. Doesn't make him a great villain.
    @Ludovico So what? He was a mercenary that played his part in the film well, it doesn't make him great.

I think the bloke in TLD who had a fight with Necros in the kitchen played his part well. He wasn't meant to be Bond, he was meant to be some random agent. But I still won't say that he was a great character because he didn't have enough to do to be a great character.

Patrice was good for what he was, he had two decent fights with Bond and Rapace played him well. Doesn't make him a great villain.

It makes him great within the boundaries of his role. Have you seen Amadeus? Not one actor was cast arbitrarily, however small was the part. The two servants at the beginning of the movie were great characters, however small their role was. Same goes with the many small roles in Sergio Leone's movies. This is how I see Patrice. Of course he is not Iago, or the title character of The Scottish Play. But very well cast and used, within the boundaries of his character.
    I hope so. By then the Bond girls, Villians, to be announced Ben Whishaw as Q,Naomi Harris as Moneypenny & Ralph Fiennes as the new M. With Daniel Craig reprised 007 for 4th time. The title should be announced as well.
    Agent7F wrote:
    I hope so. By then the Bond girls, Villians, to be announced Ben Whishaw as Q,Naomi Harris as Moneypenny & Ralph Fiennes as the new M. With Daniel Craig reprised 007 for 4th time. The title should be announced as well.

I'm pretty sure it's flat out confirmed that Craig, Whishaw, Harris, and Fiennes are returning.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Agent7F wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's flat out confirmed that Craig, Whishaw, Harris, and Fiennes are returning.
    agreed
  • Ludovico wrote:
    Have you seen Amadeus?

Nah, I've only been to the theatre once because this girl I liked wanted to go and I didn't enjoy it. Peep Show summed it up best

Samuel001 wrote:
    Using Skyfall as a guide, casting news will come from February, locations from April with the press conference in October.

That's fine by me! I am looking forward to all the chat and exchanges next year regarding Bond 24! They are always enlightening and sometimes heated which is what a healthy forum should be, within respectful reason of course.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Although confirmed to be false, I'd still like to see this happen but it's always amazing at how people just make stuff up and try to pass it off as fact.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/evangeline-lilly/james-bond.html
    I wonder how much of a fuss the Heineken deal will kick up this time? Can't wait!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I wonder how much of a fuss the Heineken deal will kick up this time? Can't wait!

It'll be re-confirmed that Bond will definitely never, ever, ever drink a martini (or anything not Heineken) ever, ever again. Ever.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

It'll be re-confirmed that Bond will definitely never, ever, ever drink a martini (or anything not Heineken) ever, ever again. Ever.

And if he so much as looks at a martini, he will profess that he doesn't have any idea what the difference between a shaken and stirred one, and then comment that he's glad he can fit in a small space because he's not over six feet, then he'll see someone with dark hair remark how much he prefers to be blond.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

And if he so much as looks at a martini, he will profess that he doesn't have any idea what the difference between a shaken and stirred one, and then comment that he's glad he can fit in a small space because he's not over six feet, then he'll see someone with dark hair remark how much he prefers to be blond.

"Beer martini, stirred, not stirred. That's right, isn't it? Yeah, I think that's it."
    Ludovico wrote:
    Have you seen Amadeus?

Nah, I've only been to the theatre once because this girl I liked wanted to go and I didn't enjoy it. Peep Show summed it up best

Well, your loss, the play and the movie are masterpieces, but never mind that. My point is that Forman made sure every face was memorable. I think this is the same for Patrice, Dr. Kaufman (played by Vincent Schiavelli, who also played... a small but memorable cameo in Amadeus), Vargas, Morzeny, they have small roles, but they are still great characters, within the limitations of these roles.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Although confirmed to be false, I'd still like to see this happen but it's always amazing at how people just make stuff up and try to pass it off as fact.

http://en.mediamass.net/people/evangeline-lilly/james-bond.html

I would love it to happen to she is quite hot

Ludovico wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Have you seen Amadeus?

Well, your loss, the play and the movie are masterpieces, but never mind that. My point is that Forman made sure every face was memorable. I think this is the same for Patrice, Dr. Kaufman (played by Vincent Schiavelli, who also played... a small but memorable cameo in Amadeus), Vargas, Morzeny, they have small roles, but they are still great characters, within the limitations of these roles.

Dr Kauffman is a perfect example. Very minor character but he managed to be great, very memorable and quite creepy. Patrice was just bland imo. No different than the many nameless goons Bond has fought over the years.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Have you seen Amadeus?

Dr Kauffman is a perfect example. Very minor character but he managed to be great, very memorable and quite creepy. Patrice was just bland imo. No different than the many nameless goons Bond has fought over the years.

Patrice is a shadow. He is a ghost, he shows up, does his job, disappear. This is why he is "bland".
    No, he doesn't do anything except have two average fights with Bond, he isn't memorable and he doesn't have much presence. That's why he's bland.
    No, he doesn't do anything except have two average fights with Bond, he isn't memorable and he doesn't have much presence. That's why he's bland.

I didn't fight his fights average, although in the second Bond was clearly out of shape. I wonder what you wanted instead. Another Grant? That's not what the character was.
  • Ludovico wrote:
    I wonder what you wanted instead.

Well for me to consider him great I'd want him to have more of a personality and to seem like more of a threat, although that was mainly down to the fight scenes rather than the character (I wasn't much for the fight scenes in SF, no sense of danger, especially compared to the brutal fights we had in CR).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I have to agree, Patrice just didn't seem like a legitimate threat; seemed more like an obstacle that Bond didn't take too seriously. Hell, Slate's 25 seconds of screen time in QoS was more memorable and seemed more of a threat than Patrice was.
  • Ludovico wrote:
    Patrice is a shadow. He is a ghost, he shows up, does his job, disappear. This is why he is "bland".
    Hm, he's the ghost who almost has a GPS on him so that the plot can progress again when Bond is back in shape.
    - "We're clueless for months about who stole the drive"
    - "Hm, wait a minute, analyze that",
    - "Ok Bond, he's called Patrice, you can meet him there if you leave in time".

doubleoego wrote:
    I have to agree, Patrice just didn't seem like a legitimate threat; seemed more like an obstacle that Bond didn't take too seriously. Hell, Slate's 25 seconds of screen time in QoS was more memorable and seemed more of a threat than Patrice was.

See, I like QOS, way more than most people here, but while I did find Slate's encounter with Bond good for what it was, I think Patrice is better used overall. I think he is shown as a capable mercenary in the PTS.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Hm, he's the ghost who almost has a GPS on him so that the plot can progress again when Bond is back in shape.
    - "We're clueless for months about who stole the drive"
    - "Hm, wait a minute, analyze that",
    - "Ok Bond, he's called Patrice, you can meet him there if you leave in time".

Well, the plot has to move forward.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 316
    This has nothing to do with anything, but a general question: do we have a discussion dedicated solely to plot holes?