SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Well I assume that DC will have finished his Broadway stint by that point? But I doubt anything new will be revealed? That would be wishful thinking for that early into the new year! :))
  • walter1985 wrote:
    me too. and i'm expecting a lot of vague answers ;-)
    :D

• walter1985 wrote:
    me too. and i'm expecting a lot of vague answers ;-)
    :D

• Woah! Must be a glitch, sorry about that!
    Woah! Must be a glitch, sorry about that!

Its the belated millennium bug! ;)
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 170
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Woah! Must be a glitch, sorry about that!

Its the belated millennium bug! ;)
    hahaha ;)

Bond 24 is filming this year people!!!!!!!!!!

And if it winds up being titled Risico man would that make me happy (heck any Fleming title would but right now Risico tickles my fancy)
    This is really a question to be asked for Bond 25 and onwards, but given his huge success as co-creator/writer of Sherlock and the fact that he is a massive Bond fan, should EON turn to Mark Gatiss to write a future Bond script?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @willyGalore, I swear I came into this thread and was going to suggest that Mark should be hired to write and doctor the Bond scripts. His work on Sherlock is beyond incredible! The man can do real wit, cleverness and intrigue. Just imagine the dialogue tge man could give us.
    @doubleoego It's nice to know it's not just me who feels that way then. :-)
    In the other thread I had mentioned that this latest episode of Sherlock was influenced and had many similarities to SF but that aside, just the writing, dialogue, engaging dynamic of the characters was something I noticed that the Bond movies could benefit a great deal from. Gatiss' writing, particulay with the scenes he shares with Cumberbatch are an utter joy to watch. The man could do wonders with and elevate scenes that have Bond interacting with M alone. EoN need to give this man serious consideration.
    I posted a link to a blog on the Sherlock thread which had more than a few comparisons to Bond and SF.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Risico007 wrote:

And if it winds up being titled Risico man would that make me happy (heck any Fleming title would but right now Risico tickles my fancy)

I would not mind that, but I heard the title will be Thunderfinger.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    doubleoego wrote:
    In the other thread I had mentioned that this latest episode of Sherlock was influenced and had many similarities to SF but that aside, just the writing, dialogue, engaging dynamic of the characters was something I noticed that the Bond movies could benefit a great deal from. Gatiss' writing, particulay with the scenes he shares with Cumberbatch are an utter joy to watch. The man could do wonders with and elevate scenes that have Bond interacting with M alone. EoN need to give this man serious consideration.

I think Mark Gatiss is also a big Bond fan. One of the Doctor Who episodes he wrote last series was pretty much Moonraker (film), set in victorian times, with Dianna Rigg as the baddy. Plus I remember someone on here posting an interview where he spoke about the Bond books and yeah the Sherlock episode that was on the other day had plenty of Skyfall nods.

Stephen Moffat also seems to like Bond too. I remember one of the Sherlock episodes he wrote (I think for the second series), had Bond references (haven't seen it for a while but the villains plan was something to do with a plane and it was called Bond-something, with the code 007).

If those two wrote a Bond film it'd be brilliant. Definitely something EON should think about.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    doubleoego wrote:

I think Mark Gatiss is also a big Bond fan. One of the Doctor Who episodes he wrote last series was pretty much Moonraker (film), set in victorian times, with Dianna Rigg as the baddy. Plus I remember someone on here posting an interview where he spoke about the Bond books and yeah the Sherlock episode that was on the other day had plenty of Skyfall nods.

Stephen Moffat also seems to like Bond too. I remember one of the Sherlock episodes he wrote (I think for the second series), had Bond references (haven't seen it for a while but the villains plan was something to do with a plane and it was called Bond-something, with the code 007).

If those two wrote a Bond film it'd be brilliant. Definitely something EON should think about.

I agree with you, and after the last Sherlock episode I think Gatiss is crying out loud his intentions... and desires!
    I'd like to see Gatiss write a Bond script. I loved his take on M.R. James last Christmas. But what I'd like to see more is an adaptation of Dracula by him.
  • moon_tanmoon_tan Lancaster, California USA
    So glad 2014 is here and finally we hope to receive news of locations being scouted and casting. Let's see, on February 2011, we knew that Javier Bardem had met with Director Sam Mendes, then in October 2011, Javier Bardem confirmed it himself in an ABC Network interview, he would be the villain in the James Bond movie.
    I can't wait to read who will be the new villain or villainess. I would prefer it not be Benedict Cumberbatch as rumored or suggested back in 2012.

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Secret_007
    I wouldn't mind Cumberbatch as next Bond villain tbf. I wouldn't mind big stars as villains. For example I wouldn't mind if Cumberbatch is the main villain with Dwayne Johnson in a May-Day/Jaws type of role. Also I would like to see Anne Hathaway in a Bond movie.
    I guess we will have to wait and see who will be the newest Bond villain.

Also I wouldn't mind Hugh Laurie as a villain.
    I'll rather have Laurie than Cumberbatch as a villain. Cumberbatch is too fresh out of Star Trek. Laurie playing a villain would be against type, so that would be interesting. But anyway, it is entirely speculative at this point.
    Cumberbatch is overexposed and too obvious.
    Risico007 wrote:

There are many good Gardner titles too. I don't know about the rights regarding using his stories, bla, bla, bla but there are some good titles in his series.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 14,822
    doubleoego wrote:
    Cumberbatch is overexposed and too obvious.

My issue with his potential casting. And I was never quite convinced about his Khan. As a psycho, he certainly nailed the part, but his physique did not quite fit the part of a genetically altered uberman. I would have seen someone like Dominic West in the role, more physically imposing.
    I certainly would not object to Gatiss penning a future Bond script. The humour in the 1st Sherlock of the current season had me in absolute fits of laughter! :)) Avoiding the Sherlock thread at the moment as not seen last nights episode, but will be watching it later. Will post my thoughts on tomorrow! I just know I will not be disappointed! \:D/
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 4,400
    Mode delete
    I have a feeling we will get a location rumor this month... just a theory.
    2014. I believe in China it is "The Year of the White Cat"! I hope it is anyway!
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Risico007 wrote:
    The information continues to be that there is no information. Either way I hope that M doesn't have any kind of "journey" in Bond 24. Just let him take over as M and sit in the office being M.

Well, he already did at the end of Skyfall, didn't he? Taking over, that is...
  • Risico007 wrote:
    The information continues to be that there is no information. Either way I hope that M doesn't have any kind of "journey" in Bond 24. Just let him take over as M and sit in the office being M.

Well, he already did at the end of Skyfall, didn't he? Taking over, that is...

You're right, but this would be his first full movie as M, which would constitute taking over, at least out-of-universe.
    I'm hoping that the first casting rumors will emerge really soon. The first time we've heard about Bardem was back at the end of January 2011 which means there is a real possibility we will get some casting news in a couple of weeks.

Skyfall had a really strong cast. Bardem and Dench are out and I'm crossing my fingers the producers & Mendes will get some great talents on board that are new to the franchise.

(Tilda Swinton would make a great Bond villain... :) )