SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Babs' award thing is today right? Maybe we'll get a tiny bit more info on B24 too.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    MrBond wrote:
    Sam Mendes got questioned about Bond 24 and he answered that the movie will begin "in earnest" in April.

Link:
    http://www.tjbd.co.uk/news/bond-24-will-begin-in-earnest-in-april.htm

Very interesting, thanks for the link. The wheels are starting to turn, we can almost hear them ;)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    doubleoego wrote:
    Babs' award thing is today right? Maybe we'll get a tiny bit more info on B24 too.

Yes, that's right. Maybe the two of them will say something, or maybe not.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    It's so strange, to hear Logan talk about the "new movie". Heck, for me CR still feels like the new movie :D
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote:
    I think if Quantum is never brought back then it will be the biggest mistake in the 50+ years bond has been around

Could I ask you why? I'm not someone who is vehemently against it, by any means, but I'm curious to know what people determine so tantalising about the idea. There was nothing in QoS that whet my appetite, specifically. It feels to me that any further Quantum involvement will have to be built from the ground up, in which case I'd rather see another villain/threat built from the ground up. Mr. White is the only appealing figure from the organisation, Guy Haines makes the Demon Headmaster look like Ted Bundy.

If there had been an unresolved, but thrilling cliffhanger I would understand. As it is Quantum feel like the kind of threat that one would attempt dilute, rather than defeat. They appear Al Qaeda-esque in their reach, where even the defeat of a 'leader' would not be enough to destroy the entire network. I'm not convinced this would be an overly satisfying outcome in a Bond picture.

@Samuel, Yeah, I'm not expecting much at all tbh other than the usual stuff that gets said for them to avoid giving anything significant away but it's great to know that April will really kick things off in preparation.

As for Quantum, I too think it would be a missed opportunity to at least revisit them. QoS revealed that they're a big organisation and little was done with them anyway. The fact is, they're still out there and pretending they don't exist seems silly to me. With capable writers and an intelligent director I think Quantum can be better conveyed and utilised to a more significant effect; it obviously depends on how the story is told but I think it's ridiculous to assume nothing can be done with them just because the organisation wasn't handled too well it to a better desired effect in one movie.
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2014 Posts: 10,512
    doubleoego wrote:
    As for Quantum, I too think it would be a missed opportunity to at least revisit them. QoS revealed that they're a big organisation and little was done with them anyway. The fact is, they're still out there and pretending they don't exist seems silly to me. With capable writers and an intelligent director I think Quantum can be better conveyed and utilised to a more significant effect; it obviously depends on how the story is told but I think it's ridiculous to assume nothing can be done with them just because the organisation wasn't handled too well it to a better desired effect in one movie.

Were you worried about Quantum during SF? Like you say, they're out there. They could be hinted at here and there, an 'ex-Quantum agent' popping up, or a 'current Quantum operative' working alongside a high-ranking official, but having them as the focus of a picture encourages a feeling of ambivalence on my part. Like I asked, what 'exactly' is it that makes them warrant a return. If you were Logan what would your pitch be to M&B for a Quantum return, because at the moment the only argument I here is simply, 'they exist', which to me is not particularly strong.

What makes quantum so compelling I think because it is two reasons power and mystery...

1. Power. While many dislike Quantum of Solace really listen to the way Greene describes the orginization "we have 26 countries willing to accept you new Bolivian leadership" one of those was the United States I mean they get the CIA and MI6 to do their dirty work and even get M to work for them without her knowing it. I mean an orginization that powerful and no writers can think of interesting things to do???? The fake bond 23 treatment was correct in saying Quantum took over the world. I mean they have a ton of power

2. Mystery: they are essence the Keyser Soze of the bond world an organization that as Mr. white calmly says "the first thing you should know about us is we have people everywhere am I right" I mean you don't know who is a quantum agent and who is on your side that kind of mystery and suspence would be greatly added in future bond films. When the second trailer for quantum of solace came out I remember everyone being excited by how scared M was of Quantum. I just think that is still kind of untapped.

Those are my reasons was Greene memorable I think he was but that is my opinion however is Quantum memorable you better believe it.
    I didn't care nor think about Quantum during SF at all because I know the organisation exists out there but they don't need to feature in every Bond film for as long as they're around. Also, I'm not a fan if the idea of all the Bond films being so closely linked together. CR and QoS was an arc and and having Bond 23 dealing with Quantum would have felt to much like some sort if trilogy. That being said, to forget about the organisation completely isn't a good look. Let's see what they're up to now and have their shenanigans conveyed in an interesting and compelling way.
    I'm not sure how, story-wise at least, you could build on Skyfall's plot. It seemed pretty self-contained to me, much like that of Goldfinger.
    Also, what if Mr. White turned out to be Blofeld? Jesper Christensen would make a great Blofeld, but I don't think this would work. Just something to consider, maybe.

That's what I think too. Unless he means thematically, but I don't see how one could extend the plot of SF, unless maybe (and that's a big maybe) Bond 24 involves Silva's clients.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Like JWESTBROOK pointed out before, he did say themes and ideas, not plot. Could mean anything, and as for characters I think he refers to the new MI6 staff as hinted to before. As for Quantum returning or not, maybe Logan is blackmailed by the real "Quantum" to keep them out of future films... ;)
  • Sam Mendes has confirmed he will begin pre-production on Bond 24 in April

http://www.tjbd.co.uk/news/bond-24-will-begin-in-earnest-in-april.htm
    You've been scooped, buddy ;-)
    April should be an interesting month
  • I'm not fussed about Quantum. On one hand I don't think they're anything special and I don't particularly want them to come back but I wouldn't mind their return if it was done well.

Now if Quantum came back and Blofeld was the leader, then I'd really be excited.
    I'm not fussed about Quantum. On one hand I don't think they're anything special and I don't particularly want them to come back but I wouldn't mind their return if it was done well.

Now if Quantum came back and Blofeld was the leader, then I'd really be excited.

I could care less about Quantum as well but I'd only want to see Blofeld return if it was done right.
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote:
    What makes quantum so compelling I think because it is two reasons power and mystery...

1. Power. While many dislike Quantum of Solace really listen to the way Greene describes the orginization "we have 26 countries willing to accept you new Bolivian leadership" one of those was the United States I mean they get the CIA and MI6 to do their dirty work and even get M to work for them without her knowing it. I mean an orginization that powerful and no writers can think of interesting things to do???? The fake bond 23 treatment was correct in saying Quantum took over the world. I mean they have a ton of power

2. Mystery: they are essence the Keyser Soze of the bond world an organization that as Mr. white calmly says "the first thing you should know about us is we have people everywhere am I right" I mean you don't know who is a quantum agent and who is on your side that kind of mystery and suspence would be greatly added in future bond films. When the second trailer for quantum of solace came out I remember everyone being excited by how scared M was of Quantum. I just think that is still kind of untapped.

Those are my reasons was Greene memorable I think he was but that is my opinion however is Quantum memorable you better believe it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

In response. The power element you speak of is interesting. My worry is that it's an angle more suited to a TV series, where you have the ability to really explore such an intricate web across, for example, 24 hours of television. I'm not sure such a slant is workable in a two hour movie.

Regards the 'mystery' angle, again I don't quite buy it. With Keyser Sose, you don't spend the film wondering, 'is he? Isn't he?', it's a curveball and a well worked twist. Attempting the same thing is pointless in regards to Quantum, because no one cares about Quantum. A 'Sose' type twist in a Bond film could be executed with any Tom, Dick or Harry, it doesn't need Quantum to facilitate it. If anything, it will undermine it.
    I'm not sure how, story-wise at least, you could build on Skyfall's plot. It seemed pretty self-contained to me, much like that of Goldfinger.
    Also, what if Mr. White turned out to be Blofeld? Jesper Christensen would make a great Blofeld, but I don't think this would work. Just something to consider, maybe.

I agree. Just been thinking, could Mr White's name be an alias what with Blofeld being a lover of white cats? Nah, probably not!
    The character carryover is a must from Skyfall in terms of Bond, Q, Moneypenny and ofcourse the new M! As he said at the end of the film....... there is work to do! This could immediately lead into a new Quantum lead and threat as far as I am concerned. Just give us the right plot and drama with the actors/actresses who can deliver it!

And as for kick off on Bond 24 starting in April? <:-P \:D/ Yippee!!!!! This is the month of my birthday! And on the 28th it will be my 40th! So please Eon? For my birthday give me something official to get my teeth into!!!! 8-}
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    RogueAgent wrote:
    The character carryover is a must from Skyfall in terms of Bond, Q, Moneypenny and ofcourse the new M! As he said at the end of the film....... there is work to do! This could immediately lead into a new Quantum lead and threat as far as I am concerned. Just give us the right plot and drama with the actors/actresses who can deliver it!

And as for kick off on Bond 24 starting in April? <:-P \:D/ Yippee!!!!! This is the month of my birthday! And on the 28th it will be my 40th! So please Eon? For my birthday give me something official to get my teeth into!!!! 8-}

Exactly how I want things to turn out in Bond24. M/Mallory discussing with Bond possible new Quantum leads will be reminiscent of Lee/Connery.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,601
    He was the surprise presenter yesterday to honour Babs and Michael. So far, I have nothing more on information regarding what was said.. no RC interview vids of them so far.
    GREAT hair, if I may say that. Perfect length.

DanielCraig25thAnnualProducersGuildAmericaAQ2TUHtVO_Wl_zps4af9f8d6.jpg
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Thanks for the picture. Maybe something else will surface later.
    Noting yet. There is surprisingly little from Babs and M. No RC pics.

Come on - talk Bond baddie.
    producers4_zps2a2b5541.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    Bond and Partridge in the same room. Lovely stuff.
    RC7 wrote:
    Bond and Partridge in the same room. Lovely stuff.

Not your words @RC7. The words of Shakin' Stevens ;-)
    edited January 2014 Posts: 11,139
    Babs looks lovely, Hellen Mirren looks stunning. I'm 28 but I'd go there without hesitation.

Craig looks great. Looks suave, hair length looks good.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Babs does look verry good in a sort of Mortishia Addams style!.
    The expertly-crafted James Bond tribute reel for Selzinick Award recipients Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli is exactly what last year’s undercooked Bond tribute at the Oscars completely lacked. De Luca said the Bond team put it together themselves. And it was cool to have current Bond, Daniel Craig, present that award.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/producers-guilds-stunner-of-a-split-decision-how-does-it-alter-the-oscar-race/#more-668011
    Germanlady wrote:
    He was the surprise presenter yesterday to honour Babs and Michael. So far, I have nothing more on information regarding what was said.. no RC interview vids of them so far.
    GREAT hair, if I may say that. Perfect length.

DanielCraig25thAnnualProducersGuildAmericaAQ2TUHtVO_Wl_zps4af9f8d6.jpg

thanks for posting GL! Yes MGW's hair does look good for the next Bond cameo! ;)
    Germanlady wrote:
    The expertly-crafted James Bond tribute reel for Selzinick Award recipients Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli is exactly what last year’s undercooked Bond tribute at the Oscars completely lacked. De Luca said the Bond team put it together themselves. And it was cool to have current Bond, Daniel Craig, present that award.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/producers-guilds-stunner-of-a-split-decision-how-does-it-alter-the-oscar-race/#more-668011

I would love to see that tribute reel.