SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Just the same way I don't want to see Craig with a woman old enough to be his daughter, I don't want to see him with one who's old enough to be his mother!
  • Sandy wrote:
    Just the same way I don't want to see Craig with a woman old enough to be his daughter, I don't want to see him with one who's old enough to be his mother!

The rare voice of sanity.

Sandy wrote:

The rare voice of sanity.

My pleasure.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    But I do want Helen in a Bond film - a head of state or even better, a main villain. She is a fine actress.
    But I do want Helen in a Bond film - a head of state or even better, a main villain. She is a fine actress.

So do I, so do I.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 3,236

Helen Mirren and Tilda Swinton would be the two best choices for a female villain. Rachel Weisz is mentioned a lot, but it would be weird considering that she's Craig's wife (this goes double for her as a Bond girl).
    Sandy wrote:

I believe this is a corollary to the Law of Roger Moore.
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    Shame they've done the female M thing - Mirren would have been excellent in the role. Would it be weird if they just cast her as a Bond girl? They cast older men with younger women all the time - it might be a nice touch in B24.

She'll be seventy when Bond 24 is released. That would be absurd. She's a beautiful woman, even in her advanced age, but she'd shatter Honor Blackman's record by twenty years!

Shame. May be a decade ago she could have still pulled it off. I think it would be great to have Bond with some older women though. Trying to think who would work.

Even a decade ago, no thanks. I am all for having more mature actresses as Bond girls, but I don't want Bond to have geriatric sex.
    Female Bond villain? No thanks. No real physical threat to Bond.
    LeChiffre wrote:

I am all for a female Bond villain if she is butch and ugly like Rosa Klebb and Irma Bunt. As for physical threat, you can have a henchman for that.
  • LeChiffre wrote:

What kind of physical threat did non-Savalas Blofelds, Le Chiffre, and Silva provide?
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Deleted
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 421
    It's funny, those photos of DC show a length of hair I think really suited him in CR and QOS. All he needs now is a bit of tanning and a shave and he's ready to go!
    LeChiffre wrote:

What kind of physical threat did non-Savalas Blofelds, Le Chiffre, and Silva provide?

Or Greene, or Carver, or Koskov? Let's face it, we've had some pretty weak villains over the years. Though that said, Le Chiffre did manage to inflict some brutal pain on poor DC!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Christ..... all this talk about hair still drags on. For what it's worth, I prefer Mr Craig's hair in skyfall , it makes him look more of a threat and more menacing to me.
  • tqbtqb
    LeChiffre wrote:

Which would leave room for a good henchman.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DCisared wrote:
    Christ..... all this talk about hair still drags on. For what it's worth, I prefer Mr Craig's hair in skyfall , it makes him look more of a threat and more menacing to me.

Hair, hair! As Connnery would say-hair today, gone tomorrow.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 2,107
    May I say that the Craigmeister looks younger than he did in SF. It might be the hair...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yes, his hair is definitely to die for, but it's a tad long in the back for Bond.
    QBranch wrote:
    Yes, his hair is definitely to die for, but it's a tad long in the back for Bond.

Completely agree @QBranch, although it's only visible in a couple of photos.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I think he'll be able to pull it off.

By the way, he will soon be the same age as Roger Moore was when he made his first Bond film.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited January 2014 Posts: 7,314
    That's pretty wild considering that they were already calling him old in Skyfall.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    But with the whole "old" business for Bond, I see it as similar to football players. A football player is considered "old" at 35. Craig's Bond in SF is and was by no means old but the agenda behind it was based on "antiquated" and traditional styles and techniques for espionage not to mention that Bond being out of action and supposedly "letting himself go", coupled with multiple gun shot injuries only underpinned questioning his emotional and physical competencies as a government field agent.
    edited January 2014 Posts: 432
    Yes, the whole injury thing made him look and feel older. By the end of the film he regains his strength.
  • Pajan005 wrote:
    I think he'll be able to pull it off.

By the way, he will soon be the same age as Roger Moore was when he made his first Bond film.

There's a sobering thought.

You need to be sincere these days.
    I would never have guessed DC was still younger than Roger in LALD. That's crazy. Rog always looked very good for his age.
    Getafix wrote:
    I would never have guessed DC was still younger than Roger in LALD. That's crazy. Rog always looked very good for his age.

He did up until FYEO. Then he started to look like a man in his fifties. He's at his best I think in TSWLM and MR.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Quite right. You don't hear too many people say that he should have retired before MR. Unless they would have preferred him not to be Bond at all of course. FYEO is where opinions start to divide.
  • He looked ten years younger than Connery did in Diamonds are Forever, despite being five years older. That's an accomplishment.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I'll read what @Creasy47 wrote in another thread about his decision to go into Bond 23 un-spoiled and i thought that it is the best thing to do. I followed the productions of CR and QoS quite close and Skyfall's production very close. But there were some things that i consciously tried to avoid (like the ending) but i did get that spoiled to unintentionally. So, i do really hope that people will try to avoid to discuss plot points and similar things in before Bond 24!
    I do not want to leave the forum for the whole next year just because the film is in production.
    pachazo wrote:
    Quite right. You don't hear too many people say that he should have retired before MR. Unless they would have preferred him not to be Bond at all of course. FYEO is where opinions start to divide.

He's definitely showing his age in AVTAK, but I still think pulls off OP in style.