SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @PanchitoPistoles, I've said that for so long now! I would love to have Tilda Swinton as a Bond villain. She would be fantastic.
    Mendes seemed to use a lot of people he'd worked with previously on SF. Could this provide hints towards where the B24 casting will go?

Spacey as villain? Di Capprio?
    Tilda Swinton would be good as an icy assassin.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Getafix wrote:
    Tilda Swinton would be good as an icy assassin.

Like Brigitte Nielsen in 'Beverly Hills Cop 2.'
    Didn't he want to cast Simon Russell Beale in SF. May be they'll grant him his wish with this one.

John Krasinski.... As a bumbling CIA operative? A new Felix perhaps.
    Getafix wrote:
    Mendes seemed to use a lot of people he'd worked with previously on SF. Could this provide hints towards where the B24 casting will go?

Spacey as villain? Di Capprio?
    Di Caprio is in all Oscar mode and I doubt he would want to be Bond villain but he is perfect asshole and would be epic villain. Spacey is amazing fit for the Bond franchise, it's a shame he wasn't part of any 007 movie yet.
    I reckon one of those 2 could be a possibility.

After the commercial and critical success of SF, I don't think you can rule any one out.

Obviously Spacey has less to lose in terms of his career. Infact, it could give him a boost.

His performance in House of Cards has proven once again what a great scheming villain he can deliver. Obvious Blofeld material.
    I find diCaprio a bit youngish looking for my taste. And isn't he good friend with Kate Winslet? Not sure if he is on such good terms with Sam Mendes. Spacey wanted to play a villain, so who knows.

On a side note, I have never been a fan of American Beauty, I thought it was maybe the most overrated movie to win an Oscar. For me, it was like watching a big budget, Hollywood version of a student movie. So not certain I would like to see Mendes and Spacey reunited. Granted, Mendes has matured, but still.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Leonardo diCaprio is indeed very good friends with Kate Winslet. I think he is a fine actor and would be great in a Bond film, yet I do not see him doing that ... yet.
    I have never liked Spacey and would be disappointed if he were in a Bond film. We shall see. I like Tilda Swinton and especially Helen Mirren. Aren't we due for some tidbit of real news? Locale? Deakins? Anything would be great!
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 9,767
    http://whatculture.com/film/bond-24-15-locations-007-visit-next.php

Speculations and fan wishes but still SOMETHING half way new..

Unless you count the Timothy Olyphant would need to be High to play 007.

On second thought there is something here

"Japan is yet another country that has been rumoured for the next Bond film, and fans are keen for him to return here for the first time since 1967. But despite You Only Live Twice being almost solely centred in Japan, Tokyo itself wasn’t exploited well enough.
    Read more at http://whatculture.com/film/bond-24-15-locations-007-visit-next.php/4#kuHLmKF6k4WuQlPp.99";

So Japan is rumored apparently
    edited January 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Japan is very cool, and I'd of course love that! It rather expensive here、and I do not know how expensive to film on a major budget. Wolverine just filmed here, though.

Surely it would be fantastic for Bond to spend a little time in Japan. It has been too long. And Japan has some gorgeous scenery and unique culture. Although just a rumor now, I wanted to say I hope this one is true. I cannot see Bond spending most of the film here, but in part? Oh, yes! That would be amazing - especially with Deakins' touch!
    If Japan is a possibility? How about a PTS in Australia?
    Well, yes we have a whole thread for where we want Bond to go. Two threads, actually. But this is about news/rumors ... I haven't heard or read anything about Australia (I'd love that). Have you? But apparently there is a tiny rumor, probably nothing, about Bond going to Japan.
    So far the only rumored Countries are Ireland and Japan apparently according to the Article and I would be happy with both but......
    I guess we will hopefully find out more soon? Be nice to get something official within the next couple of months?
    We will but for now at least we have a whisper of a whisper
  • RC7RC7
    So people are giving this What Culture article credence? It's as much a rumour as anything any one of us writes on here.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    RC7 wrote:
    So people are giving this What Culture article credence? It's as much a rumour as anything any one of us writes on here.

I completely agree with you! If I say Bond should go to Bhutan next (or anywhere else for that matter) my word is as good as his.
    Somehow, since SF was partially set in the Far East, I doubt that Bond 24 will be in the same region of the world. My bet is that it will be somewhere on the European continent.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited January 2014 Posts: 5,080
    Sandy wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

I completely agree with you! If I say Bond should go to Bhutan next (or anywhere else for that matter) my word is as good as his.

Or the Federated States of Micronesia, a guess as good as any!
  • Ludovico wrote:
    Somehow, since SF was partially set in the Far East, I doubt that Bond 24 will be in the same region of the world. My bet is that it will be somewhere on the European continent.

Fair point. Another way of looking at is that a significant portion of SF's historic success stemmed from the Far East scenes, and that being the case, why not continue a good thing? For the record, I think your reasoning is better, but Eon could be looking at it in that other light.

Ludovico wrote:

Fair point. Another way of looking at is that a significant portion of SF's historic success stemmed from the Far East scenes, and that being the case, why not continue a good thing? For the record, I think your reasoning is better, but Eon could be looking at it in that other light.

Of course I reserve my judgment for when we know more about the movie and ultimately when it is released, but I do hope they go for my bet. Well, maybe not the European continent, but not the Far East. And there are oter reasons to back up my reasoning. Somehow I don't think Sam Mendes would like to repeat himself, for one. Then usually they change settings between two movies. QOS pictured a fair deal of Italy, like CR, but it was mainly because it was a direct follow up.
  • Europe (UK inclusive), IMO, should always be Bond's aesthetic and cultural touchstone. I'd even go for making it an iron rule that at least one locale in every Bond film should be in Europe, and Bond's briefing with M at MI6 in London doesn't count. Of course, Bond has explored scant little of Eastern Europe and this is a lacuna I hope is soon remedied.
    Europe (UK inclusive), IMO, should always be Bond's aesthetic and cultural touchstone. I'd even go for making it an iron rule that at least one locale in every Bond film should be in Europe, and Bond's briefing with M at MI6 in London doesn't count. Of course, Bond has explored scant little of Eastern Europe and this is a lacuna I hope is soon remedied.

Especially since filming there is cheaper nowadays;-)
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Not about timeline, just a longer interview with the prods. Didn't know, where to post

Producers Maintain Their Family Bond With 007
    http://variety.com/2014/film/news/producers-maintain-their-family-bond-with-007-1201056195/
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Good article Thankyou for posting this Germanlady .
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Good article Thankyou for posting this Germanlady .

You are welcome, Mrcoggins :)

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 13,350
    A great read this. It makes me excited for the next film. Thanks GL. I hope they give an interview on the 19th.
    Great article GL! Thanks for sharing!
    Glad you guys liked it.