SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Nothing better to write about I suspect.
    Summer hole, what else? Stirring the pot, I assume.
    Sad thing is, people just jjump on it, instead of applying logic. They are an easy catch for the papers. Just what they want and need. Marionettes...
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    walter1985 wrote: »
    although I still like QoS a lot - sorry - DC always says he isn't happy with the result. I remember him saying 'here was me trying to rewrite scenes... and a writer I am not', so I don't think he will rewrite a script when there's no strike.

And in all honesty....why are such bullocks-articles showing up right at the very moment when the filming is wrapping up?
    Same reason for why 'the next Bond has been chosen' stories emerge, clickbaits that feel you indulged to it. Tom Hardy, Idris Elba, and then... Damian Lewis. And afterwards, the reader finds out that the article didn't mean what the headline suggested, and merely it's either a speculation or a suggestion by "the mass". Seriously, can't they grow a spine and write more relevant coverages?
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    ^ Wow!
    writer5150 wrote: »
    Clearly he didn't quit his day job. Here's hoping the writing was an itch that has been scratched off his bucket list.

Did you see the script before he rewrote it?
    although I still like QoS a lot - sorry - DC always says he isn't happy with the result. I remember him saying 'here was me trying to rewrite scenes... and a writer I am not', so I don't think he will rewrite a script when there's no strike.

So do I, more than it deserves probably. I don't know what Craig changed from and to in the script, but he recognizes his limits and kudos for it. Not every artist is a polymath.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Sark wrote: »
    Since when does Craig rewrite scripts?

He did for QoS with Forster due to the writer's strike.

Didn't he also ask that some parts of the novels be adapted in SF? He does seem to be far more involved in the creative process than any other Bond actor.
    ^ Wow!
    The plane for SP is in the Pinewood back lot but this looks like the model from SF along with the LandRovers from QOS and SF pts.

I wonder if the black UK reg Alfas are for the SP Rome chase where their roof is sliced through by a leaping DB10 as their registration would be out of shot and the stunt done at Pinewood
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Ludovico wrote: »

Didn't he also ask that some parts of the novels be adapted in SF? He does seem to be far more involved in the creative process than any other Bond actor.

Yes, I heard that too. Definitely he has been more involved in the process, for the better. Whether that is by design or whether he insisted on it I'm not sure...
    andmcit wrote: »
    The plane for SP is in the Pinewood back lot but this looks like the model from SF along with the LandRovers from QOS and SF pts.
    We know that SP features Landrovers and the MI6 building, too. ;-)

Yes, I heard that too. Definitely he has been more involved in the process, for the better. Whether that is by design or whether he insisted on it I'm not sure...

From what I understand, things came naturally: Barb likes and trusts him, Craig is her baby so to speak, and Mendes of course is a friend.

And in all honesty....why are such bullocks-articles showing up right at the very moment when the filming is wrapping up?
    Same reason for why 'the next Bond has been chosen' stories emerge, clickbaits that feel you indulged to it. Tom Hardy, Idris Elba, and then... Damian Lewis. And afterwards, the reader finds out that the article didn't mean what the headline suggested, and merely it's either a speculation or a suggestion by "the mass". Seriously, can't they grow a spine and write more relevant coverages?

I think we sometimes forget how insanely big our beloved Bond franchise is nowadays. It's only logical it gets scrutinized similarly to "Star Wars", "Avengers" and many others.....

Obviously, 'smaller' franchises like "Mission: Impossible" don't witness thiso kind of scrutiny. Did anyone ever ask when Tom Cruise will step down as secret agent Ethan Hunt? This guy is older than Craig, and he's doing his 5th film already.

Whereas the "M:I"-franchise is definitely a Tom Cruise-vehicle, the Bond-franchise is much more....a James Bond-vehicle. That franchise is already 53 years old, is witnessing the 6th actor playing the role. It's only logical people keep asking bullocks questions like "Who's going to follow up Craig??"
    franchise is already 53 years old, is witnessing the 6th actor playing the role. It's only logical people keep asking bullocks questions like "Who's going to follow up Craig??"

You think it's bad now? It's just beginning. Once SP is out, the rumours will go into overdrive, because whether we like it or not, DC is closer to the end of his run than the beginning....
    Of course, my point is, however, the headline encourages the reader to open the article and read it, with words written like 'the next Bond has been chosen', makes you think it's a confirmation from an official announcement, whereas the paragraphs underneath the topic put a few selections of actors EON probably didn't even contact. Seriously, why would the producers immediately hire another actor for the role when there already is one under contract? Craig still has one more after Spectre, and the same magazine who reported about the two-films more deal signed by Craig after the 23rd, submits a false story, or a rumour with a misleading headline.

And now, the production is about to wrap filming in a couple of weeks, they said Daniel Craig rewrote the script? Right after probably 95% of shooting all the sequences is complete? It's sites like these and Facebook's very own MoviePilot that I avoid as best as I could, written by dimwit "reporters" seeking attention.
    franchise is already 53 years old, is witnessing the 6th actor playing the role. It's only logical people keep asking bullocks questions like "Who's going to follow up Craig??"

You think it's bad now? It's just beginning. Once SP is out, the rumours will go into overdrive, because whether we like it or not, DC is closer to the end of his run than the beginning....

Yes, but I won't allow Danny to leave now ;-). Off course, he's closer to the end of his tenure. But I don't give a damn (no offense @bondjames ;-)). I love his movies. I've never been such a crazy Bond geek/nerd before Craig stepped in the role. My Fandom was already great, but Daniel Craig seriously made it bigger. To such an extend that at times my partner gets irritated by it :-P.

Yes, but I won't allow Danny to leave now ;-). Off course, he's closer to the end of his tenure. But I don't give a damn (no offense @bondjames ;-)). I love his movies. I've never been such a crazy Bond geek/nerd before Craig stepped in the role. My Fandom was already great, but Daniel Craig seriously made it bigger. To such an extend that at times my partner gets irritated by it :-P.

No offence taken @Gustav_Graves, and I relate to your affection for DC in the role. I share it, as do many.

It's just that we should expect the rumour mill to start kicking into overdrive. It was this way during Moore's run as well. It's par for the course.

No offence taken @Gustav_Graves, and I relate to your affection for DC in the role. I share it, as do many.

It's just that we should expect the rumour mill to start kicking into overdrive. It was this way during Moore's run as well. It's par for the course.

I agree rumors will start coming thick and fast. I also agree that Craig has more Bond behind him than ahead of him. But it is not unrealistic to expect a fifth one for him.
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883

I agree rumors will start coming thick and fast. I also agree that Craig has more Bond behind him than ahead of him. But it is not unrealistic to expect a fifth one for him.

An interesting thing to consider as well is that when we DC does finally does pack it in, this will be the first Bond replacement in the age of twitter/facebook etc. and also the first since the internet really went global (including fully into China). I wonder how easy it will be to keep the new guy secret and for how long.

EON will really have their work cut out for them. It was difficult before. It will be near impossible these days...

An interesting thing to consider as well is that when we DC does finally does pack it in, this will be the first Bond replacement in the age of twitter/facebook etc. and also the first since the internet really went global (including fully into China). I wonder how easy it will be to keep the new guy secret and for how long.

EON will really have their work cut out for them. It was difficult before. It will be near impossible these days...

That was the fun part in the old days. You didn't know much about the film until it came out, and it sprung excitement in your veins. Nowadays, the internet spoils it all for you, which is saddening.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland

Hefin jones
    @hefincannon
    Hotel in Erfoud Morocco filming the new James Bond Film

CIBPdwJWIAAiOox.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I see Bond is going to have to rough it again ! :)
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Hefin jones
    @hefincannon
    Hotel in Erfoud Morocco filming the new James Bond Film

CIBPdwJWIAAiOox.jpg

Is it just for stay of cast and crew? Or will THIS hotel with wunderful pool actually be used for filming ;-)?
    Nowadays, the internet spoils it all for you, which is saddening.

Not really. The Internet doesn't come around and force you to watch and read stuff. It's up to you. ;)

• edited June 2015 Posts: 2,015

The truth will be hidden in plain sight, amongst the errors.

Look back at all the messages when someone posted here the title was SPECTRE, ahead of the media rumours. It was someone close to the production who told the member (something that happens all the time but that many find hard to believe). It was "proven" by many experts here that it was nonsense, since the URLs were not bought by EON...

And look what happened with Lea Seydoux casting : the site who gave the scoop was right, but since Mediamass had Lea Seydoux in its database of fake Bond girls announcement, it was not believed either, it was even "proved false" !

And there was what I reported that turned out to be right too :) Funny to see all the "experts" that proved me and others "wrong" keeping on claiming they know better.

Well, this is this noise that will help hiding the truth.
    The truth will be hidden in plain sight, amongst the errors.
    I agree.

That's why I think it's best to evaluate all rumours critically rather than being dismissive based on what we want the truth to be, which some can do here from time to time. Understandable, as we are passionate fans, but I've also been surprised by the eventual accuracy of some rumours.
    I was just wondering for those who know, how many Bond films over the decades were also reported to have "script problems" during production beyond QoS and TND? And how many of those came out as solid films in the end? Seems Craig only worked on QoS because he had to as he was not a member of the WGA and the script was not finished and well... someone had to do it.

As many have said here, this time, even if there are a few issues that might need to be ironed out, the production team could call in just about any writer they could get as Craig said he was not a writer himself and would obviously not want to get involved in that aspect if he doesn't have to. Just an odd story by the Mail if you look at more of the picture. But I don't really know its reputation as a newspaper to be honest.

Plus, a vast majority of the opinions (not all) I have read in the leaks thread regarding the leaked script(s) seem positive. So in a way we have some info (scripts/outlines) ourselves that reassure me at least, to a degree, that things are not in "total creative turmoil".
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 2,015
    but I've also been surprised by the eventual accuracy of some rumours.

And well, from a fan point of view IMO, the most surprising info from the leaks as far as the pre-production and the plot of SPECTRE is concerned, has yet to surface in the media :)
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Nowadays, the internet spoils it all for you, which is saddening.

Not really. The Internet doesn't come around and force you to watch and read stuff. It's up to you. ;)
    Probably not. But, people who keep sharing the articles on their newsfeeds spoils it for me. A single headline does contain some spoilers such as 'Bond shoots down a helicopter in Mexico', or 'Bond chases an assassin on rooftops', etc... Not that I'm not guilty of tempting myself to delve deep into it. Back in the old days, if you wanted to learn more about the film, you wouldn't have been able to pull it off until the film was released.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    The trailer looks absolutely amazing.
    Brimar wrote: »
    I was just wondering for those who know, how many Bond films over the decades were also reported to have "script problems" during production beyond QoS and TND? And how many of those came out as solid films in the end? Seems Craig only worked on QoS because he had to as he was not a member of the WGA and the script was not finished and well... someone had to do it.

As many have said here, this time, even if there are a few issues that might need to be ironed out, the production team could call in just about any writer they could get as Craig said he was not a writer himself and would obviously not want to get involved in that aspect if he doesn't have to. Just an odd story by the Mail if you look at more of the picture. But I don't really know its reputation as a newspaper to be honest.

Plus, a vast majority of the opinions (not all) I have read in the leaks thread regarding the leaked script(s) seem positive. So in a way we have some info (scripts/outlines) ourselves that reassure me at least, to a degree, that things are not in "total creative turmoil".

I know Goldeneye was re-written. The original script is still available.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Meanwhile, in a nearby hotel...

CH4ukSxWwAAIbHU.jpg