SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    JWPepper wrote: »
    Less action now, more action later (trailer)

Why is everyone so confident the trailer is coming soon? I think it will be released much later, end of July or beginning of August.

Wasn't impressed by the vlog.
    It's possible that there will be a second teaser before the proper trailer.
    they have to battle two things:
    1) M:I
    2) the public attention.
    So it would be a smart move to release another trailer before M:I premiere

Why is everyone so confident the trailer is coming soon? I think it will be released much later, end of July or beginning of August.

Given how early the teaser trailer came out compared to Skyfall's, it is only logical to be confident that the next trailer will come earlier too.

2) the public attention.

One question I do have: Are TV spots really only used for TV? Or are they also shown in cinemas? If the latter is the case, then I hope the TV spot was shown this weekend during viewings of "Jurassic World". It would have been wise to attach "SPECTRE" to this particular tentpole blockbuster.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited June 2015 Posts: 630

2) the public attention.

One question I do have: Are TV spots really only used for TV? Or are they also shown in cinemas? If the latter is the case, then I hope the TV spot was shown this weekend during viewings of "Jurassic World". It would have been wise to attach "SPECTRE" to this particular tentpole blockbuster.
    I don't know. Here in Italy there wasn't the TV spot before JW.
    But we hadn't the trailer before F&F either, so...

2) the public attention.

Sometimes but rarely - but DEFINITELY no SPECTRE trailer or TV spot with Jurassic World.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    They should release the trailer in the coming weeks and then it should play with Terminator, Ant-Man, and later with MI and The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

I think they'll release it on the 26th of June, if they are still going for the Friday release for trailers. They really need a trailer now for marketing (3-4 big films now).

We will probably see a final trailer in September and then clips from the movie in October.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    They should release the trailer in the coming weeks and then it should play with Terminator, Ant-Man, and later with MI and The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

I think they'll release it on the 26th of June, if they are still going for the Friday release for trailers. They really need a trailer now for marketing (3-4 big films now).

We will probably see a final trailer in September and then clips from the movie in October.

Yeah spot on - a final trailer late September that they can then send to cinemas with The Walk on October 2 makes a lot of sense.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    The first 45 seconds of the new vlog are David Arnold's QOS?? Newman's???
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Does anyone know if/when they are going to release official character photo's as they did for Skyfall?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 1,208
    @Red_Snow I'm sure they will. But not for a while. Maybe in September/October
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883
    They should drop the trailer in MI5, not Terminator. Target the right audience & show the MI peeps how it's done...

I almost expected Jaws to jump out from one of the masks in the vlog. Shades of the MR Rio Carnival for me.

Agree the vlog was a little dull - would have preferred to see something with the stars. The key +ve for me was the number of extras they're using..so this part will look realistic and not CGI infused which is always a plus.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,164
    bondjames wrote: »
    They should drop the trailer in MI5, not Terminator. Target the right audience...

Eh, with tentpoles like Bond and Terminator and MI5 it really doesn't matter - as they don't target any specific audiences - it's always all 4-quadrants.

It's the question of timing and how many people will see it than which audience demographics see it because with all these major films - all the demographics are covered. Remember that the teaser dropped with Furious 7 of all things....

It's like saying the new Hunger Games trailer should've dropped with Paper Towns or Insurgent instead of Jurassic World.

The ideal drop option would've been with Jurassic World but it's been over-stuffed with trailers already so they go for the next thing down the line which is Terminator...
    we are I believe nearly 5 months away from seeing Spectre.

Crazy at really feels like just yesterday this thread began and Anderson cooper revealed work on Bond 24 had begun.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883
    antovolk wrote: »
    It's like saying the new Hunger Games trailer should've dropped with Paper Towns or Insurgent instead of Jurassic World.

The ideal drop option would've been with Jurassic World but it's been over-stuffed with trailers already so they go for the next thing down the line which is Terminator...

Agreed that they missed the boat with Jurassic World. The net would have been cast long and wide if they had inserted it there like they should have.

Still not sold on Terminator (the film is beneath a Bond trailer imho).

I personally did not like seeing the Hunger Games trailer with JW (I'm not part of their audience demographic though). Smart of them to have got it out in time to put it there, but I would have preferred SP.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,164
    bondjames wrote: »

Agreed that they missed the boat with Jurassic World. The net would have been cast long and wide if they had inserted it there like they should have.

Still not sold on Terminator (the film is beneath a Bond trailer imho).

I personally did not like seeing the Hunger Games trailer with JW (I'm not part of their audience demographic though). Smart of them to have got it out in time to put it there, but I would have preferred SP.

Honestly, Lionsgate were really overdue on that first Hunger Games trailer anyway - JW was literally the "deadline" for them if you will. Have to say though - HG is a 4-quadrant blockbuster and pretty much SPECTRE's direct rival in both DOM and OS markets (where THG will likely win the former and Bond will win the latter and overall too), so hard to talk about being in a certain demographic since it's not a one/two-demographic-aimed release, much like Bond. That's the thing about these tentpoles - they always appeal to all demographics equally. Core fanbases though are a different thing.

And there was literally nothing to prevent both SP and MJP2 trailers being in front of JW, in fact I would've preferred it. Studios can request whatever placements they want for the trailers.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Terminator looks lame and doubt the biggest audience to debut a teaser. Wait til its with a movie people actually want to see.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Risico007 wrote: »
    we are I believe nearly 5 months away from seeing Spectre.

Crazy at really feels like just yesterday this thread began and Anderson cooper revealed work on Bond 24 had begun.

Indeed. Time is flying. It seems like just yesterday that the teaser trailer premiered. That was almost three months ago!
    The SPECTRE film crew and Daniel Craig, Lea Seydoux and Christoph Waltz will go to Morocco again in late June.

Filming is scheduled in the old Medina of Tangier, in the north of the kingdom, but also to Erfoud, Rissani region, cradle of the Alawite dynasty, about 70 km south of Errachidia.

In total, the staff will work a week in Morocco for sequences of the film of hardly ten minutes +filming of the scenes in studio

Source: bladi.net
    (@RichardWilkins)

"Coming up on @TheTodayShow ...#amypoehler #insideout #spectre @TheBeachBoys and more! #today9"

Any one in Australia able to watch this?
    The costume designers and make up artists deserve huge recognition for the work in Mexico! So can't wait to see all that colour up on the big screen! >:) 8-X
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    (@RichardWilkins)

"Coming up on @TheTodayShow ...#amypoehler #insideout #spectre @TheBeachBoys and more! #today9"

Any one in Australia able to watch this?

http://www.9news.com.au/national
    Ok the SPECTRE segment may be coming up....
    Ok the SPECTRE segment may be coming up....

anything?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Nothing new. Just the host showing the Mexico VLOG.

It's here, starts around 2:34
    http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/today/videos/4298494666001/

• TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    There is an interessting detail in the VLOG at 1:43. Someone is working his way through the crowd.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited June 2015 Posts: 8,087
    Is this classic bond or contemporary spy? I can't quite decide...

Rory Kinnear briefly mentioned Spectre in an interview with the London Evening Standard about his new play 'The Trial'.
    To pile on the pressure, during this rehearsal period he has eight or nine consecutive night shoots on the next Bond movie. In Spectre, due for release in November, he reprises the role of MI6’s ever-dependable Tanner.

[...] “Tanner remains stable” is as much as Kinnear will reveal about Spectre. “That’s what he’s there for: he’s just the table on which to rest things.”

Though sad to lose Judi Dench as his screen boss — her late husband, Michael Williams, was his godfather — he likes his MI6 posse. “Our gang of good guys — Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, myself and now Andrew Scott.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Rory Kinnear briefly mentioned Spectre in an interview with the London Evening Standard about his new play 'The Trial'.
    To pile on the pressure, during this rehearsal period he has eight or nine consecutive night shoots on the next Bond movie. In Spectre, due for release in November, he reprises the role of MI6’s ever-dependable Tanner.

[...] “Tanner remains stable” is as much as Kinnear will reveal about Spectre. “That’s what he’s there for: he’s just the table on which to rest things.”

Though sad to lose Judi Dench as his screen boss — her late husband, Michael Williams, was his godfather — he likes his MI6 posse. “Our gang of good guys — Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, myself and now Andrew Scott.

interesting. Does that mean Scott may become recurring?
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    No
    [quote} interesting. Does that mean Scott may become recurring? [/quote]
    I wouldn't bet on it