SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

What I read was this (spoilers excluded): The first 2/3rd of the screenplay is pretty damn terrific. The last 1/3rd of the screenplay is slightly more unbelievable and evokes questions that should not be asked in the first place.

Now that was the news from the SonyLeaks and the draft screenplay. In the meanwhile we know some rumours that the ending has been changed consistently, so it has more believability and realism. It leaves the ending more open, so that a 2nd part in a duology, of which SP is the first part, now is back in contention.
    I have read both scripts, and GG is spot on!
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    What I read was this (spoilers excluded): The first 2/3rd of the screenplay is pretty damn terrific. The last 1/3rd of the screenplay is slightly more unbelievable and evokes questions that should not be asked in the first place.

Now that was the news from the SonyLeaks and the draft screenplay. In the meanwhile we know some rumours that the ending has been changed consistently, so it has more believability and realism. It leaves the ending more open, so that a 2nd part in a duology, of which SP is the first part, now is back in contention.

What do you think? I mean, if we look back on SF, there has been a lot of criticism about the screenplay. For what we now, the criticism about the SF-screenplay back in 2011 was maybe even more cruel and more critical ;-). You think SP can still top SF? I think SP is on its way to do so :-).

I am already very happy that there is slightly more "balance of action" in SP. IFFF there is criticism I have about SF (and it's NOT the screenplay), then it is that the more Bond-esque action was mostly spilled during the PTS. After that the action was very good, just not "Bond-ish good". I am a movie lover in the broadest sense. And I loved the Underground-action right till M's Tennyson speech. BUT, many others didn't.

Now with SF we already know that the PTS is perhaps less action heavy.....and that the biggest, also most "Bond-ish" action (one hell-of-a Ronin-esque car chase in Rome and one-hell-of-an aerial/car chase in Austria), is showing up only at the end of the 1st (1/3rd) part of the film and doesn't stop until the start of the last 3rd (3/3rd) part of the film.

Nahh.....SPECTRE is going to lunatic our minds ;-). In a positive way.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Casablanca... so much for a B-Movie. Lol!
    Most overrated film ever. B movie sounds about right.
    file_202067_0_Roger_Moore_The_Saint.jpg
    "You must be... joking?"
    No. More boring than Citizen Kane.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    edited February 2015 Posts: 1,208
    Zekidk wrote: »

What do you think? I mean, if we look back on SF, there has been a lot of criticism about the screenplay. For what we now, the criticism about the SF-screenplay back in 2011 was maybe even more cruel and more critical ;-). You think SP can still top SF? I think SP is on its way to do so :-).

I am already very happy that there is slightly more "balance of action" in SP. IFFF there is criticism I have about SF (and it's NOT the screenplay), then it is that the more Bond-esque action was mostly spilled during the PTS. After that the action was very good, just not "Bond-ish good". I am a movie lover in the broadest sense. And I loved the Underground-action right till M's Tennyson speech. BUT, many others didn't.

Now with SF we already know that the PTS is perhaps less action heavy.....and that the biggest, also most "Bond-ish" action (one hell-of-a Ronin-esque car chase in Rome and one-hell-of-an aerial/car chase in Austria), is showing up only at the end of the 1st (1/3rd) part of the film and doesn't stop until the start of the last 3rd (3/3rd) part of the film.

Yes, you're right. Even though I wasn't on this forum back then. I agree with you SF was very criticised with the screenplay. And it ended up being a very good Bond film. Could this be the case with SP? I think SP has a way better script than SF, looking at it now.

I didn't really like that all the action was packed in the PTS in SF and the other scenes in SF as @Gustav_Graves stated, were not 'Bond-ish'. We could comment until tomorrow who liked which scene in SF, it was very mixed criticism.

The thing I love in SP that @GG likes to is the fact that the 2 best action scenes in SP, excluding the climax in
    London (which will be EPIC!!)
    will be in the middle of the movie that I love, that means I will be on the edge of my chair the whole film. Instead of SF where only the PTS was action packed, everything else wasn't Bond action level, IMO.

I disagree with everybody that says that SP won't be a great Bond film. I think we are awaiting a Bond film that will be seen on everybody's top 5 Bond list.

• edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    aaron819 wrote: »

Yes, you're right. Even though I wasn't on this forum back then. I agree with you SF was very criticised with the screenplay. And it ended up being a very good Bond film. Could this be the case with SP? I think SP has a way better script than SF, looking at it now.

I didn't really like that all the action was packed in the PTS in SF and the other scenes in SF as @Gustav_Graves stated, were not 'Bond-ish'. We could comment until tomorrow who liked which scene in SF, it was very mixed criticism.

The thing I love in SP that @GG likes to is the fact that the 2 best action scenes in SP, excluding the climax in London (which will be EPIC!!) will be in the middle of the movie that I love, that means I will be on the edge of my chair the whole film. Instead of SF where only the PTS was action packed, everything else wasn't Bond action level, IMO.

I disagree with everybody that says that SP won't be a great Bond film. I think we are awaiting a Bond film that will be seen on everybody's top 5 Bond list.

Can you please put
    the London part
    between spoiler tags. So far....I try to do logical guess work. Based on reports from MI6-HQ, some pictures from clapperboards. But finale at the end is complete new for me and can, at this stage, only be retrieved from the SonyLeaks. Please, hush, hurry hehe :-P.

In any case, I agree with you ;-).
  • I don't understand why you don't want to discuss in the Leaks thread, because in the Production thread, you keep on asking questions and lauching discussions with those "who know", that blurs the line a lot between what comes from the leaks and what comes from the production info.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,169

What do you think? You think SP can still top SF?
    This is not the script discussion thread, but I believe I can say this:
    From what I know, SP will be much bigger in scope. If SF was Craigs TMWTGG, then SP is his TSWLM ;-) And unlike SF, which had its best action setpiece in the PTS, SP has the right number of huge action setpieces spread out nicely throughout (you are wrong when mentioning the two action scenes, btw). It has some great dialouge, some really great one-liners, and we are really in for a visual treat because of the many varied locations. It's gonna be a blast. And if Newman ups his game, it could very well turn out to be one of my favorite Bond movies.
    I don't understand why you don't want to discuss in the Leaks thread, because in the Production thread, you keep on asking questions and lauching discussions with those "who know", that blurs the line a lot between what comes from the leaks and what comes from the production info.

Are you regarding to @Gustav_Graves?
    I think @Suivez_ce_parachute and @Zekidk are right. We should switch to the Leaks Discussion thread if we want to discuss anything about the script. The Production Timeline is actually only for Filming Locations, pictures from the sets, videoblogs, behind the scenes photos and videos and other things that involve with the production of the movie.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2015 Posts: 10,588

What do you think? You think SP can still top SF?
    This is not the script discussion thread, but I believe I can say this:
    From what I know, SP will be much bigger in scope. Unlike SF, which had its best action setpiece in the PTS, SP has the right number of huge action setpieces spread out nicely throughout (you are wrong when mentioning the two action scenes, btw). It has some great dialouge, some really great one-liners, and we are really in for a visual treat because of the many varied locations. It's gonna be a blast. And if Newman ups his game, it could very well turn out to be one of my favorite Bond movies.
    @Zekidk Thank you for this comment, because now I'm not nearly as worried about SP as I was beforehand, and now I can spend the next nine months feeling confident that SP will be the most criticality and financially successful Bond film.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,169
    jake24 wrote: »
    now I can spend the next nine months feeling confident that SP will be the most criticality and financially successful Bond film.
    Don't know about that. I believe it really comes down to one thing only:
    If the audience buys the (new) 3rd act.
    Like GG said:
    The first 2/3rd is pretty damn terrific.
    The first 2/3 of MR and DAD was "pretty damn terrific", too, IMO.
  • RC7RC7
    I don't understand why you don't want to discuss in the Leaks thread, because in the Production thread, you keep on asking questions and lauching discussions with those "who know", that blurs the line a lot between what comes from the leaks and what comes from the production info.

Quite. I also saw something I didn't want to that wasn't properly spoiler tagged. I guess it's inevitable, but no less frustrating when people are being goaded.

Because for the very simple reason. Despite one, one accidental case, I still try to avoid the SonyLeaks cost what cost. So far I have been looking in the Clapperboard topic, but that is spoilered as well. Still, those were published by people from EON or other legal media outlets.

Moreover, being spoiled in a slow way, with reports from the set, with clapperboard pictures, with photo-calls, with videos ....gives me, and I think many others, way way more pleasure and fun as a Bond fan....then simply reading a whole damn screenplay with all its dialogue within the hour. So that's not my thing.

Perhaps it is better then, to compromise then, and to post these things in the Clapperboard topic then :-)? Also, at this stage.....as you say......it already becomes blurry to define what a spoiler is and what not. That happened three years ago (with SF) as well.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Production seems to have been unbelievably rough, causing me to become concerned that this may be a disappointing film despite great director/script/cast etc. I mean locations are being canceled left and right, Craig's knee injury, budget concerns, theft of customized cars, script disclosures, etc.

Don't worry. Really...
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Casablanca... so much for a B-Movie. Lol!
    Most overrated film ever. B movie sounds about right.
    file_202067_0_Roger_Moore_The_Saint.jpg
    "You must be... joking?"
    No. More boring than Citizen Kane.
    We're not speaking of the same film. That, I'm certain of.
    :))
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 2,015
    You keep on asking for confirmations from those who read the leaks outside the leaks thread, and I think you're the only to do that (because well, others read the leaks and post in the leaks thread then).

I understand you want to discover the info at your own rythm, but now you're imposing your rythm to everyone else who hoped to stay spoiler-free. You could post your questions in the leaks thread, then watch only for the answers that have your question in the quote line. The leaks thread is not full of posts writing all the spoilers in capitals every five minutes...

And, well, if you like discussing Bond movies, in the leaks thread one can discuss SPECTRE V1.0, SPECTRE V2.0, SPECTRE V3.0, SPECTRE V3.1, SPECTRE V3.1b.. :)
    Not long to wait until the next photo call!!!! \:D/
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    @RogueAgent that's right. :-B
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,622
    You keep on asking for confirmations from those who read the leaks outside the leaks thread, and I think you're the only to do that (because well, others read the leaks and post in the leaks thread then).

I understand you want to discover the info at your own rythm, but now you're imposing your rythm to everyone else who hoped to stay spoiler-free. You could post your questions in the leaks thread, then watch only for the answers that have your question in the quote line. The leaks thread is not full of posts writing all the spoilers in capitals every five minutes...

And, well, if you like discussing Bond movies, in the leaks thread one can discuss SPECTRE V1.0, SPECTRE V2.0, SPECTRE V3.0, SPECTRE V3.1, SPECTRE V3.1b.. :)

And don't forget we're also getting B25 very much figured out too. ;) SP is old news.

Can you please stop it.....I'm completely locked here. Staring like 30 mins about what I should post here. How I should react. And I have it more often with you. I was so happy....so enjoyed about SP today, to discuss it with @aaron819. I wasn't even rude to him. And then you come....and I'm locked.....deadlocked. I'm.....getting crazy in my head. Please stop it. Please, I beg you, please say something like this:

"I also hope it'll be a better Bond film than SF" or "So far I'm loving this news about the action sequences in Rome and Austria".

Or......simply say something nice or don't react to me. You know me a bit better now :-S. If I drain the life out of you dear @Suivez_ce_parachute, then please write me a PM, I try, try, alwaysss try to accomodate. But sometimes you are really asking so much from me. It is panicking me at times. You are sticking on me like someone who truly dislikes me.....in every possible way. Please don't. I'm a nice guy.

Can you please stop it.....I'm completely locked here. Staring like 30 mins about what I should post here. How I should react. And I have it more often with you. I was so happy....so enjoyed about SP today, to discuss it with @aaron819. I wasn't even rude to him. And then you come....and I'm locked.....deadlocked. I'm.....getting crazy in my head. Please stop it. Please, I beg you, please say something like this:

"I also hope it'll be a better Bond film than SF" or "So far I'm loving this news about the action sequences in Rome and Austria".

Or......simply say something nice or don't react to me. You know me a bit better now :-S. If I drain the life out of you dear @Suivez_ce_parachute, then please write me a PM, I try, try, alwaysss try to accomodate. But sometimes you are really asking so much from me. It is panicking me at times. You are sticking on me like someone who truly dislikes me.....in every possible way. Please don't. I'm a nice guy.

I agree with @Gustav_Graves, @Suivez_ce_parachute should tone it down just a bit.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2015 Posts: 4,554
    roko wrote: »
    sorry ...

concerning Craig being signed for a 5th Bond: I see all those fancasts on Tumblr and those discussions about Idris Elba (I know, that was Sony) and I wonder: how certain can we be that he will return? Could someone clear that up for me?

(I want him to and I find it kind of disrespectful that so many people are talking about who would make good Bond for the next movie, never mentioning that DC is doing an awesome job with i and that he might actually return. He has admitted he does go on the internet - will he want to come back when it looks like people are just waiting for him to be gone?)

Thanx!

@roko:

Many of us truly enjoy Craig as Bond and will be saddened when he's done. He is signed on to do one more Bond after Spectre, so chances are he'll do it. Some fans on these boards suggest that the contract makes it a 100% certainty. But I'm not as convinced. There are a bunch of things to consider:

1. The time frame between SP and Bond 25. The longer the wait, the more likely Craig will opt out.
    2. Craig is not getting any younger, and I think SF took a lot out of him. Many people have mentioned Tom Cruise doing action films into his 50s, but the difference is that Cruise has always been in shape, doing action stuff. Craig has gained and lost weight for various roles. For instance, he plumped up somehwat for TGWTDT. And Craig was a heavy smoker until recent years. The knee injury he suffered last week is a warning sign.
    3. Craig wants to do Bond his way: which is to be physical in the role. Craig could do Bond into his 50s, but he likely would need more stunt doubles, and he doesn't seem to want that.
    4. The relationship between EON and Craig is one of tremendous mutual respect. I don't think EON would have a problem with Craig opting out of Bond 25 if he doesn't think he can do it--it'll be roughly 9 years between Craig's first and fourth film. Contrast that to Brosnan: 7 years; Moore 6 years; Connery 3 years.
    5. If SP is part of a two-movie story arc, then I'd say that that increases the chances that Craig will be back; it also increases the chances that Bond 25 will be out in 2017.

In no way am I hoping or predicting Craig will bolt after SP. I am on record as hoping he decides to sign on for many more. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't be a shock if SP is his last Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm 100% sure (without any facts - just my gut) that he is back for B25. I personally think he will choose to opt out after that and we will get a new Bond for B26.

If I'm around when B26 comes along, hold me to it.
  • RC7RC7

Take a breath.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    As rumored last month, there was an Italian actor supposed to be playing "Marco Sciarra". It is now confirmed that this character will appear and will be played by Italian actor Alessandro Cremona. Please, I do not consider.

Yep, this is 100% true. He's already been cast.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Does anyone have some news about the photocall next Wednesday in Rome? A written article? I hear many fans talking about it. But there's no press announcement so far.

As I first said, the Photocall is confirmed for Wednesday, February 18th.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    I have put that question up on this thread a couple of times but no one has answered. I have also sent a message to @marketto007, who bought up the date first, and I haven't heard from him, either. I think a lot of people will appreciate it, so if anyone finds anything regarding the photocall in Rome please post it here.

Sorry for the delay mate, I'm on Carnival holiday here. But yes, the Photocall is confirmed for tomorrow. I just don't know about the exact time. As soon as I have some photos from the Eletronic Press Kit, I'll post them here, don't worry. Anything different than that, a possible change in the date or a cancelation, I'll let you know too.
    JWPepper wrote: »
    You can trust Marketto, when he says there's a photocall, there's a photocall.

Thanks mate. :)
    Did someone actually compare TMWTGG to SF?
  • Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Production seems to have been unbelievably rough, causing me to become concerned that this may be a disappointing film despite great director/script/cast etc. I mean locations are being canceled left and right,

I wouldn't worry about the filming itself. The script is an entirely different story... Where on Earth have you heard that Spectre has a great script??

I have the December versuon, and I don't suspect that the real final version is or is at least much worse
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    JazzyBond wrote: »
    This is the Alessandro Cremona that I think we are getting for SPECTRE

20110203180222-2011-96767-NDP.jpg
    This Cremona was in Malena with Monica in 2000...
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    ggl007 wrote: »
    JazzyBond wrote: »
    This is the Alessandro Cremona that I think we are getting for SPECTRE

20110203180222-2011-96767-NDP.jpg
    This Cremona was in Malena with Monica in 2000...

Great casting, he is one creepy looking dude