SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I certainly do not hope that this is the backdrop while in the ICE Q restaurant. Because what was the point of going there, then?

It's perfectly viable that the interior was not suitable, perhaps sections of it, but naturally they'll have wanted to capture the exterior hence why they went.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    A new photo of Léa supporting Je Suis Charlie posted by Reporters sans frontières - posted about hours 11 ago.

Not sure when this photo was taken. But this also gives us a clue as the length of Swann's hair as her stunt double also recently had her hair cut to this length. Léa had her hair in a pony tail during the filming in Austria.

B78FtYvIMAAMMFv.jpg
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited January 2015 Posts: 630
    I think that is to shoot the cars' interior. We all saw there are a lot of car in the mountain scenes, and also we know they are going to shoot in a glacier road in the next days. So I think they are now shooting the part that the main actor are not going to shoot in location.
    leas_mole wrote: »
    A new photo of Léa supporting Je Suis Charlie posted by Reporters sans frontières - posted about hours 11 ago.

Not sure when this photo was taken. But this also gives us a clue as the length of Swann's hair as her stunt double also recently had her hair cut to this length. Léa had her hair in a pony tail during the filming in Austria.

B78FtYvIMAAMMFv.jpg

It's very Kara Milovy, who was the last Bond girl to be blonde.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Germanlady wrote: »

I cursed pretty loudly when I read Gaga without reading the entire article.I thought they had lost their minds and gone cuckoo over Gaga :\"> :)) #-o
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Crossing my fingers for that Adele rumour to be true.
    RC7 wrote: »
    I certainly do not hope that this is the backdrop while in the ICE Q restaurant. Because what was the point of going there, then?
    It's perfectly viable that the interior was not suitable, perhaps sections of it, but naturally they'll have wanted to capture the exterior hence why they went.
    So instead of a green screen and CGI, they are using what looks like a huge drawing, with backlit lamps, it seems. What are the exact technical advantages?

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Nice. Looks like a backdrop for interior shots.

A bit like this scene @RC7?

11.jpg

That scene is sooo fake. I remember feeling that way when I saw it in the theatre.
  • RC7RC7
    So instead of a green screen and CGI, they are using what looks like a huge drawing, with backlit lamps, it seems. What are the exact technical advantages?

It's likely down to the cinematographer. I would imagine Van Hoytema likes to get as much in camera as possible. It's effectively the same as using a matte painting, but if Hoyte can get the look he wants in camera, he doesn't have to worry about lighting a fully digital render in post. Some people would go down the green screen route. It really depends on what they're shooting as to how effective it'll be. I would imagine it's a background vista for an interior shot of sorts, otherwise there would be no need to build such a backdrop. I may well be wrong, but from memory I think M's office in the SF PTS uses a similar technique. They can and probably will bring it to life in post.
    chipsticks wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »

I cursed pretty loudly when I read Gaga without reading the entire article.I thought they had lost their minds and gone cuckoo over Gaga :\"> :)) #-o

Gaga doing a bond song would have me fan girling so much. I love gaga
    zebrafish wrote: »
    I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is:
    iceq-soelden.jpg
    The picture is from a travel blog, i.e. a private photo from inside the IceQ. Note the mountains in the left third are possibly identical with the bit one can see on the Pinewood poster.

Remember, the IceQ restaurant is doubling for something bigger OK? Ever saw this layout map of Piz Gloria?
    2ex3hx1.jpg

I seriously think the IceQ restaurant is partially re-designed and expanded in the Pinewood Studios, doubling for something bigger. Hence a more elaborate filming approach for this building.

Just be patient....and stop letting fair get the better of you...at such an early stage. Guessing IMO is wunderful. But it's guessing, not the 100% truth.
    but from memory I think M's office in the SF PTS uses a similar technique. They can and probably will bring it to life in post.

Hear hear.....and one knows that from behind the scenes tech. information no? Because when I saw those scenes from M's office in the PTS, it looked bloody real. Intensely real. I really felt like it was raining outside. No @RC7?
  • RC7RC7
    I seriously think the IceQ restaurant is partially re-designed and expanded in the Pinewood Studios, doubling for something bigger.

Yep, I would agree with that.
    I am sure the sequence will look great, lets just wait and see?
  • Zekidk wrote: »

Well, everyone sees instantly the "final" image on the combo. If you want to put the camera at a place where the ridge line looks nice in the final image, you decide it in the studio with all the elements of the image. You don't have to go 7 months later in some VFX company to decide the ridge line should be there, no I mean there, uh can you try it a bit sharper, less sharper, uh, what deadline ?

iceq-soelden.jpg
    The picture is from a travel blog, i.e. a private photo from inside the IceQ. Note the mountains in the left third are possibly identical with the bit one can see on the Pinewood poster.

Remember, the IceQ restaurant is doubling for something bigger OK? Ever saw this layout map of Piz Gloria?
    2ex3hx1.jpg

I seriously think the IceQ restaurant is partially re-designed and expanded in the Pinewood Studios, doubling for something bigger. Hence a more elaborate filming approach for this building.

Just be patient....and stop letting fair get the better of you...at such an early stage. Guessing IMO is wunderful. But it's guessing, not the 100% truth.

I want my own Piz Gloria!

mnhettia wrote: »
    is this a throw back to the TND pre-title sequence?

Of course not. Why would it be?
  • RC7RC7
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    iceq-soelden.jpg

2ex3hx1.jpg

I made one with my cousin when we were about 10. It was Papier Mache and card, very like the Blue Peter Tracy Island, which will mean nothing unless you're a Brit.

tracy-island.jpg
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 5
    I seriously think the IceQ restaurant is partially re-designed and expanded in the Pinewood Studios, doubling for something bigger.

qstage_Twitter.jpg
    exit72 wrote: »

SPECTRE: Filming continues at Pinewoods Q Stageqstage_Twitter.jpg
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    iceq-soelden.jpg

2ex3hx1.jpg

I made one with my cousin when we were about 10. It was Papier Mache and card, very like the Blue Peter Tracy Island, which will mean nothing unless you're a Brit.

tracy-island.jpg

Tracy Island! Always wanted one of those!
    Hands up - who else made a Blue Peter version of Tracy Island?
    handsup_feat.jpg
    Just rewatching 'Shooting Bond' and hoping they do something similar for Spectre.

An hour long behind the scenes look into the film. I hope they also have a feature on the rights of SPECTRE just so we can learn how finally getting the rights back came to be.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I have a feeling that they'll release the first video blog soon. It would be the perfect opportunity while they are in Pinewood.
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    Just rewatching 'Shooting Bond' and hoping they do something similar for Spectre.
    Could you please post a link, I don't remember, where to find it. Not on YT or I am just too dump.

Shooting Bond(Making of Skyfall feature) was in the special features on Skyfall Bluray. Well worth your time watching. I really enjoyed it.
    Ed83 wrote: »
    Shooting Bond(Making of Skyfall feature) was in the special features on Skyfall Bluray. Well worth your time watching. I really enjoyed it.

Oh, silly me. Of course. Thanks for passsing the info. Seems its been too long I watched it.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Saw the 007travelers blogspot mentioned in another thread. Found this from shoot in Austria. Not a comfortable position for the cameraman! Léa is in the back of the car.

Autolla.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) I love that photo.