SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

jake24 wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Easily can - they can edit together scenes from the first half of filming - it's a teaser, they don't need to have completed everything
    Sorry if I was misread. Of coarse it's possible, I'm basically saying not to expect the trailer before filming is completed, but you never know. It's definitely possible for the teaser trailer to be made before filming, probably not the theatrical trailer though.

I'm not expecting the theatrical trailer until SDCC like last year anyway and shooting will be done by then.
    I think the teaser is what most were expecting whilst filming
    The teaser will be out in May or June, and the main trailer won't be released until late August/early September.
    That's how it worked for CR, QOS and SF.

So the teaser will show scenes from England, Austria and Italy. Because they will only shoot in Mexico and Marocco later.
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    The teaser will be out in May or June, and the main trailer won't be released until late August/early September.
    That's how it worked for CR, QOS and SF.

So the teaser will show scenes from England, Austria and Italy. Because they will only shoot in Mexico and Marocco later.

SKyfalls teaser came out early May.

The main trailer was attached in July to TDKR IMAX
    Anyone know where or what they are filming at the moment?
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Someone mentioned Pinewood. In March they will be in Italy I think.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Scamp wrote: »
    Anyone know where or what they are filming at the moment?

They are currently at Pinewood and then move to Rome in February.
    Does anyone have any thoughts what will be featured in the teaser trailer. Will it be Skyfall type teaser trailer or something else.

I loved this music from one of the teaser trailers for Skyfall:

Starting from 0:09
    They might be doing some of the scenes set in Mi6 at the moment
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    They might be doing some of the scenes set in Mi6 at the moment

That's what I think too
    I hope they do something in the same style as with SF in teaser. But, seeing as some other films like The Wolverine used the same kind of music I'm hoping for a different version this time.

Also I really wish the full version of that techno theme at the end will be released. I know it was featured in the background during some of the special features. But, we need a clean version. Does any one out there have a clue on where it can be found?
    The nice thing about on-set filming is, that it can be kept secret much better :-). No press, fans or any other geek who can witness important scenes. It's also the reason why we can only guess what's being filmed at Pinewood Studios until the first week of February (when the crew is moving back to Sölden....and late February when the crew starts filming in Rome).

Any sequence or scene that will be related to a specific location in the film (so far there won't be a lot of "doubling" going on for locations. Mexico will be Mexico in the film, Austria will be Austria, Rome will be Rome, Morocco will be Morocco) can be filmed in Pinewood. One can think of parts of locations that can be recreated much better and easier in Pinewood.

But we simply don't know yet what sets are being build in Pinewood. The interior of the Rome villa (But Barbara Broccoli was so adamant that this time around they would actually film on location, inside the villa)? Or extensions of the IceQ Restaurant, to make it appear like what it's really meant for in the film? Certain green-screen filmings (make no mistake, every Bond film has that)? Interiors of transport vehicles? We simply don't know that yet.

So we can only guess what will be filmed in Pinewood, until some blogs from inside Pinewood are being released. And those are usually "hints", nothing more.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 4,400
    The tabloids are saying that Adele will record the theme for the next Bond film:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/adele-licence-thrill-james-bond-5020516
    20121004-adele-624x420-1349386809.jpg
    It makes sense that they would want her back after her success with SF. However I feel that Spectre shouldn't leave itself open too much to comparison to the previous film. Also I was excited to hear someone new do the theme, maybe not Sam Smith but possibly the Arctic Monkeys.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Regarding the song - it will be someone very big in order to create the buzz. To some extent, I regret that, because they will prioritize fame perhaps over quality.

So expect a name that can top charts globally. Not sure if that's Adele, but she fits that bill. It will be a name brand of big proportion imo.
    I would hope they don't go with Adele again. She is not that popular as she was during skyfall
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 3,169
    so far there won't be a lot of "doubling" going on for locations. Mexico will be Mexico in the film, Austria will be Austria, Rome will be Rome, Morocco will be Morocco.
    That is one thing, amongst many, that I really like about SP.
    But we simply don't know yet what sets are being build in Pinewood.
    We know for a fact that they are spending months building some sort of structure in the Moroccan desert. This structure, perhaps a lair of some sort, perhaps something else ;-), needs interior shots, too.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    so far there won't be a lot of "doubling" going on for locations. Mexico will be Mexico in the film, Austria will be Austria, Rome will be Rome, Morocco will be Morocco.
    That is one thing, amongst many, that I really like about SP.
    But we simply don't know yet what sets are being build in Pinewood.
    We know for a fact that they are spending months building some sort of structure in the Moroccan desert. This structure, perhaps a lair of some sort, perhaps something else ;-), needs interior shots, too.

A lairrr =P~ !?!?!?! Perhaps?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I would hope they don't go with Adele again. She is not that popular as she was during skyfall

It would help if Adele's 2nd Bond theme this time around has a tie-in with her upcoming new album. Personally, I think it's wonderful news.

I openly admit here that at least once a week I am listening to the song "Skyfall" once. The melody for me is so utterly memorable, so "suave", so full of key changes, and it has got soul. For me it is the perfect follow-up to songs like "You Only Live Twice", "Diamonds Are Forever" and "Moonraker". They all have this slow-tempo, soulful heart full of melody, which I like...which I NEED to hear in a song.

If confirmed, I can't wait to hear her 2nd song to the Bond franchise. It's a unique thing to happen really. And as I am a sucker for comparing things, I can't wait to compare "SPECTRE" with "Skyfall".
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 11,119
    I think there are some people who don't like the above image ;-). And I'm not one of them. Obviously, someone can find the exact location of that picture. GREAT PICTURE from Pinewood hehe. Perhaps for miniatures?? Or they are real scenery shots made by Hoyte van Hoytema, and now they are going to be used again for more complicated scenes?
    is this a throw back to the TND pre-title sequence?
  • RC7RC7
    Nice. Looks like a backdrop for interior shots.

RC7 wrote: »

A bit like this scene @RC7?

11.jpg

I certainly do not hope that this is the backdrop while in the ICE Q restaurant. Because what was the point of going there, then?
  • RC7RC7

11.jpg

Possibly, but I was thinking more along the lines of an interior. Perhaps an interior of the restaurant location they shot at. Never quite understood why they went with this shot in CR.

11.jpg

Possibly, but I was thinking more along the lines of an interior. Perhaps an interior of the restaurant location they shot at. Never quite understood why they went with this shot in CR.

I think mainly because it's fairly impossible to film at embassies no? Moreoever, the embassy of the fictious state of Nambutu had to look like a cheap barn. And if you want it or not, most embassies, even from poor countries, are almost Bond-ian, luxury, escapist lairs :-P.
  • RC7RC7

11.jpg

I think mainly because it's fairly impossible to film at embassies no? Moreoever, the embassy of the fictious state of Nambutu had to look like a cheap barn. And if you want it or not, most embassies, even from poor countries, are almost Bond-ian, luxury, escapist lairs :-P.

I mean I don't understand why the set wasn't constructed on say, the backlot, rather than a soundstage.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.

11.jpg

I mean I don't understand why the set wasn't constructed on say, the backlot, rather than a soundstage.

Simple. You can control the lighting inside the soundstage.
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2015 Posts: 10,512
    JWPepper wrote: »

11.jpg

Simple. You can control the lighting inside the soundstage.

You can control the lighting on location, or alter it in post. I suspect they did what they did for budgetary reasons in CR. I was being rhetorical.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited January 2015 Posts: 4,314
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I certainly do not hope that this is the backdrop while in the ICE Q restaurant. Because what was the point of going there, then?
    I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is:
    iceq-soelden.jpg
    The picture is from a travel blog, i.e. a private photo from inside the IceQ. Note the mountains in the left third are possibly identical with the bit one can see on the Pinewood poster.