SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Bernie99 wrote: »
    I have a title

SPECTRE of Solace :))
    Wasn't that the Bulgarian translation of QoS?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    Who said she's too old? If we can have a Bond over 50. So, why not?

I did. Look, you can have a 50 year old man date woman as old as Belluci as much as you want. Hell,you can even have them dwell on the burden of aging and the pain of loosing and,and and ....
    But what you have then is NOT A BOND MOVIE! This franchise is about escapism,fun and adventure. Just because Craig looks a bit old doesn't mean the women should follow suit. If you feel otherwise go and create your own franchise.

but there is a fine line... in OP, an aging Roger Moore next to a more mature Maud Adams worked - it was believable... in the very next film, an old Roger Moore next to a very young Tanya Roberts is borderline creepy..
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If Christoph Waltz, Dave Bautista, and Monica Bellucci are in this, then this will be one of my biggest dream casted films I could come up with. Please let that be true.
  • No Monica Bellucci, I don't find her that good an actress and also I think her look is almost too similar to Berenice's. I think she would have been better off in the Brosnan era.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 12,293
    At this rate it looks like I accidentally leaked the title 8-| :))

Seriously though, I am very sorry if I spoiled it for anyone.
    Monica Belucci is getting "long in the tooth" and time has passed her by. Would have been a great Bond girl back in the Nineties but not today.
    She still looks great, and I would be honored to have her on my arm but in Bond 24?
    Naw...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited December 2014 Posts: 3,157
    double post
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Monica Bellucci? God no, her acting is even worse than half of the cast of Once Upon a Time (and that show has got pretty bad actors, save for Robert Carlyle and Lana Parilla).
    Sandy wrote: »
    Wow Monica Bellucci! Now that is what I call news. She is a beautiful and talented actress, long overdue. But I agree with @PanchitoPistoles, if this is true then it's a shame someone felt like leaking it right now.

Talented actress????

You_Must_Be_Joking3f0aq.jpg
    If this Monica Bellucci rumour is true, then Deadline.com contributor Nancy Tartaglione is a major asshole for revealing this just 42 hours before the press event.

If it's false, that contributor is such an asshole for leading me a heartattack with such a horrible piece of new.

If Monica Bellucci will be in the movie, I really hope she's gonna be dubbed.
    there is no way Bond 24 is titled
    Spectre
    if it is I will eat my hat
  • I look forward to seeing if we find out who is credited for screen writing. While nothing has been official, I feel like Logan has gotten the boot. What do you all think?
  • HASEROT wrote: »
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    Who said she's too old? If we can have a Bond over 50. So, why not?

I did. Look, you can have a 50 year old man date woman as old as Belluci as much as you want. Hell,you can even have them dwell on the burden of aging and the pain of loosing and,and and ....
    But what you have then is NOT A BOND MOVIE! This franchise is about escapism,fun and adventure. Just because Craig looks a bit old doesn't mean the women should follow suit. If you feel otherwise go and create your own franchise.

but there is a fine line... in OP, an aging Roger Moore next to a more mature Maud Adams worked - it was believable... in the very next film, an old Roger Moore next to a very young Tanya Roberts is borderline creepy..

Agreed a 100%, BUT Adams looked way better then,than Bellucci now. Probably because she was more than 10 years younger in OP.
  • hthomas20 wrote: »
    I look forward to seeing if we find out who is credited for screen writing. While nothing has been official, I feel like Logan has gotten the boot. What do you all think?

Well,one can hope.
    hthomas20 wrote: »
    I look forward to seeing if we find out who is credited for screen writing. While nothing has been official, I feel like Logan has gotten the boot. What do you all think?

Logan story credit and P + W screenplay credit?
  • hthomas20 wrote: »

My suspicion is there will be a press release saying something like, "The screenplay is written by John Logan and Neal Purvis & Robert Wade."

If it's only Purvis & Wade, that means much, if not almost all, of Logan's draft got junked. If it only credits Logan, that means Purvis & Wade didn't do enough to get a credit. For the record, Baz Bamigboye has reported P&W's draft was substantially different.

In any case, something to keep watch for on Thursday.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

he will still get his credit.... so it will still be Purvis, Wade, & Logan getting credit for this script... Butterworth will once again go uncredited..

i have often thought, that if Mendes was so put off by Logan's work on Bond 24 that he wasn't brought back - why not try to bring back Haggis?... the trio of Purvis, Wade and Haggis worked well on CR, and it's long been known that QOS was turned back in to the producers by Haggis unfinished because of the writer's strike..... so if Logan is given his walking papers, i would welcome back Paul with open arms..

• mnhettia wrote: »

Another possibility.

• mnhettia wrote: »

Another possibility.

I just never have been impressed with Logan. Sure I loved Skyfall but hearing him speak in interviews I just never got a good impression. I feel like he was never the man to do the job. I certainly would rather have Purvis and Wade plus Haggis if possible!
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    She is a bit famous too. As a villain? Maybe. As a Bond girl? Sorry, I can't see it.

Maybe she's cast as Léa Seydoux's boss? A French or Italian version of the late M.

• Ludovico wrote: »
    She is a bit famous too. As a villain? Maybe. As a Bond girl? Sorry, I can't see it.

Maybe she's cast as Léa Seydoux's boss? A French or Italian version of the late M.

Good thought. Didn't cross my mind.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    IF she is case, I am thrilled. They will be smart, I do think so, with what role she would play and there are several possibilities.
    A real shame if this is true by spoiling a possible member of the cast? Their really are some idiots out there!

And I cannot believe how much childish excitement I am experiencing right now knowing the PC is so close and certain details revealed?!!!! BRING IT ON!!!! \m/
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    If it is true - then I am sorry it was revealed early also. What a lovely surprise EON and Mendes are trying to give us.
  • RogueAgent wrote: »
    A real shame if this is true by spoiling a possible member of the cast? Their really are some idiots out there!

And I cannot believe how much childish excitement I am experiencing right now knowing the PC is so close and certain details revealed?!!!! BRING IT ON!!!! \m/

you mean it isn't Thursday already?!?! :)
    Risico007 wrote: »
    there is no way Bond 24 is titled
    Spectre
    if it is I will eat my hat

If it's not then my conscience will be clear. It does seem kind of odd to name it that, indeed.

RogueAgent wrote: »

you mean it isn't Thursday already?!?! :)

Sadly not! :((

• Come on, there's already less time left than the time it takes to watch all the Bond movies :)
    Come on, there's already less time left than the time it takes to watch all the Bond movies :)

Wish I could celebrate that way. Gonna probably just watch Skyfall tomorrow.

edited December 2014 Posts: 4,399
    everyone's excitement level about the title before thursday..

fangirling_zpsbzjt7e2d.gif

everyone's reaction when the title is announced..

vxwxsGa_zpsftnpar3w.gif
    HASEROT wrote: »
    everyone's excitement level about the title before thursday..

fangirling_zpsbzjt7e2d.gif

everyone's reaction when the title is announced..

vxwxsGa_zpsftnpar3w.gif

unless it's the Hildebrand Rarity or Risico then my level excitment will maintain
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2014 Posts: 10,588
    Alright, my alarm is officially set for 5:40AM on Thursday :)

By the way, the actual introduction starts at 10:50AM in London.

Not sure if @marketto007 had already posted the exact times of the event on this thread, but here...

"EVENT TIMINGS (all timings GMT)

10.50am Introduction
    11.00am Live announcement commences
    11.07am Live announcement ends (approximate)
    11.15am Photo call with cast and director"