SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Would people be disappointed if Joanne Froggatt turns up at the announcement?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    there is no way Bond 24 is titled
    Spectre
    if it is I will eat my hat

If it's not then my conscience will be clear. It does seem kind of odd to name it that, indeed.

That would be, um…awesome.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Would I? Well, yes, actually. But I'd get over it because I think the script is the most crucial thing.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think a consider amount of people are going to be slightly underwhelmed on Thursday.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    Would people be disappointed if Joanne Froggatt turns up at the announcement?
    No offence to her, but yes.
    Well here's hoping for some more gossip, rumours, and articles tomorrow for us all to debate on the day before the big event! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Well here's hoping for some more gossip, rumours, and articles tomorrow for us all to debate on the day before the big event! :-bd

Like "vortrinken" before you go out ( what the teens are doing) sorta getting intovthe mood.

• edited December 2014 Posts: 2,015
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Come on, there's already less time left than the time it takes to watch all the Bond movies :)

Wish I could celebrate that way. Gonna probably just watch Skyfall tomorrow.

Useless Bond trivia of the day : on the EON Bond movies marathon Countdown that ends with Skyfall's end Thursday at 11:00 am, right now we're already at OHMSS. In the scene where Blofeld talks to his Angels of Death (no kidding !)
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 11,119
    doubleoego wrote: »

Deadline are reporting that Monica Bellucci is in the mix to join Bond 24.

https://deadline.com/2014/12/james-bond-24-title-cast-revealed-live-pinewood-1201305919/

Monica-Bellucci-presente-Meraviglie-au-67eme-festival-de-Cannes_portrait_w858.jpg

shoot-em-up-2.jpeg

b0ba9433fa4d1b454e203ed1e38.png

Bellucci has always been a perennial name mentioned with the Bond movies going back to Pierce's tenure in the part. She's 50 now, could she be the new Irma Bunt?

Do. Not. Play with my emotions right now!

I've been screaming for years that she should be a Bond girl, heck I think there was a thread dedicated to the Bond movies' biggest missed opportunities or something and my contributions to that thread was repeating not casting Bellucci.

I hope to God this happens!

Okay, first of all, I apoligize to everyone who I have offended personally. I still feel rather bad about what has happened. And I need to re-assess my posts at times, because let's face it, they do create irritation, anger and an negative atmosphere. I think I'm posting too passionately, I can be quite an "Asperger"-like person, staying too long and too much "inside my own world". I can try to change that. I will do my best.

I also hope, that people in here are open to getting to know each other slightly better. This older topic could be a good means initiating that: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10087/care-to-discuss-via-facebook-or-skype#latest . In any other case, I try to be respectful towards others, hold the motto "respectfully agree to disagree" high, and holding myself slightly back at times. Sorry again.

Now, I do like to say something about Monica Belluci". I saw the name coming up today at my Zite-application (please download it, great app). I admire her. One of my favourite movies with her is "Malena" (2000), which got nominated for several Oscars. I think with Monica Bellucci, EON Productions again have casted a wunderful drama actress for Bond 24. I also like her in her more recent appearances in "The Private Life Of Pippa Lee" the Italian drama "La Meraviglie".

But let's face it, her career ever since "Malena" hasn't been very succesful. That's certainly not a negative fact. It makes this casting choice, if true, even more interesting. And although she has been rumoured to play a Bond girl on many occasions, I do not think she's going to play the woman that will finally bed Bond at the end of the film (Which hasn't happened at all during the Craig-era of Bond films :-O). If she would be Bond's ally, bedding him in the end, then Bellucci will truly be the oldest actress ever to do so in the history of the franchise :-). And I find that a bit unlikely.

article-2632020-1DF8D89500000578-501_634x900.jpg
    2.jpg
    article-0-1E727B1100000578-26_196x440.jpg
    FFN-GGFF_RhinoSeason_Prem_091212-50884715.jpg
    monica-bellucci-without-makeup-elle-cover.jpg

Do not forget, when "Bond 24" premieres within 10,5 months from now, she will already be 51 years old. That's not a bad thing. Not at all. I have wanted for many many years that Barbara and Michael would have shown some guts to cast an older actress. Just for the sake of the age discrimination among female actors that we have witnessed in the past decades -Dame Judi Dench and the 1960's being an exception off course-, I think this is a good decision (Is Barbara Broccoli looking for a nice female friend her own age ;-)?).

Now back to her potential role and taking into account the above most recent pictures of her and the fact that she's very open about being an advocate for aging beauties, I think she could actually play an enigmatic Rosa Klebb-style, Irma Bunt-style henchwoman. Something that the more recent Bond films lacked completely.

So that makes the chance slightly bigger that Léa Séydoux is indeed the leading Bond girl, being the ally of 007. By the way, does Monica Bellucci in a way not remind us of this henchwoman?
    398d333af42745aad4b87f2444dceb14.jpg
    BarbaraCarrera11.jpg
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

YES. Not Bond girl material.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 12,459
    First of all, welcome back, @Gustav_Graves ! :) Glad you are back, and honestly a lot of the negativity that got out of hand came not from you, nor was the scale of it warranted by your posts. Here's hoping we can all move forward better ...

Secondly, if (and such a big if) Monica is in Bond 24 (we will know the real title in hours - yay!!!) surely she will be in a different kind of role, not the romantic or sexual element for Bond. She does not have to play a villain, but of course she could. She could be many things - the writers could have written a good part for an older, lovely woman. Which all may be moot anyway.

Anyway, thanks for joining us again. :)>-
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @Gustav_Graves

Welcome back sir :)>-

I would be.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    She is a bit famous too. As a villain? Maybe. As a Bond girl? Sorry, I can't see it.

Maybe she's cast as Léa Seydoux's boss? A French or Italian version of the late M.

Do we even know if she is in the cast? How credible is the rumor?
    Regardless of her age, Monica Bellucci is one of the hottest women on the planet, I would very much like to make love to her, I would just be afraid of her husband Vincent Cassell, he looks like he could break a man´s head when it comes to such things.
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    Hi may i join in? i just joined the forums but i am so excited these days with Bond 24 that want to post in every thread!! Now .. regarding Monica Belucci se would be a perfect villain, in the lines of the Risico plot (as someone said earlier). For instance if they reinvented the Blofeld character to be a .. women (hopefully with long hair still!! ) :( Now that would be a surprise!
    HASEROT wrote: »
    everyone's excitement level about the title before thursday..

fangirling_zpsbzjt7e2d.gif

everyone's reaction when the title is announced..

vxwxsGa_zpsftnpar3w.gif

I was just as excited, if not more so, after the title of QOS and SF were revealed than before.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Monica in a Bond movie and not getting it on with Bond is a waste. It doesn't matter if she's 50. Any straight man will still hit that without hesitation. She doesn't have to be the leading Bond girl but she's still got more than enough sex appeal to have a love scene with Bond.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited December 2014 Posts: 432
    Nice to have you back Gustav. Always great to have someone like you around. We are all great fans here, and you are part of us.
    hthomas20 wrote: »
    mnhettia wrote: »
    hthomas20 wrote: »
    I look forward to seeing if we find out who is credited for screen writing. While nothing has been official, I feel like Logan has gotten the boot. What do you all think?

Logan story credit and P + W screenplay credit?

Another possibility.

I just never have been impressed with Logan. Sure I loved Skyfall but hearing him speak in interviews I just never got a good impression. I feel like he was never the man to do the job. I certainly would rather have Purvis and Wade plus Haggis if possible!

Me neither, to be honest. I don't hate the guy, but I never thought he was such a great scriptwriter. IMO, Logan writes great dialogues, sometimes great characters. But his plots often get muddled up at one point or another. I loved SF, but I blame Logan for most of if not all of its shortcomings, especially the way the plot conveniently unfolds in the last act. If you look at Gladiator, Nemesis (that one was a dreadful movie), SF, the plot gets some awfully convenient twists at some point or another.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Monica in a Bond movie and not getting it on with Bond is a waste. It doesn't matter if she's 50. Any straight man will still hit that without hesitation. She doesn't have to be the leading Bond girl but she's still got more than enough sex appeal to have a love scene with Bond.

She is very good looking for her age. But she very much looks like a woman of her age. So too old for Bond girl material.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 267
    The role of the supposed "British main Bond girl" is one of the most mystery roles I've had to endure in the production of a Bond film. The fact that we've got to the point where we don't even know if there's gonna be that type of character in the film or was the description given for a character that already exists in the film?

If all the other casting rumours are true (excluding Monica), then this is the role I'll be waiting to hear about, as I have no clue what's gonna happen with it.
  • James Bond strikes me as the sort of guy who would fuck an older woman. God knows he's spent plenty of time chasing after younger ones. Bellucci is insanely beautiful and her casting is the first for Bond 24 that has got me really excited.

10881-the-matrix-monica-bellucci-iphone-hd-wallpaper_640x960.jpg
    Monica_Bellucci_Dolce_and_Gabbana.jpg
    vanity-fair-es-2013-febrero010.jpeg?c635ba
    monica-bellucci-2.jpg?c635ba

Also a scooper from Latino Review has hinted he will drop the big news on Bond 24 before the press conference on Thursday

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe
    hopeing El Mayimbe gives us some good news.
    The role of the supposed "British main Bond girl" is one of the most mystery roles I've had to endure in the production of a Bond film. The fact that we've got to the point where we don't even know if there's gonna be that type of character in the film or was the description given for a character that already exists in the film?

If all the other casting rumours are true (excluding Monica), then this is the role I'll be waiting to hear about, as I have no clue what's gonna happen with it.

I'm wondering if perhaps the role of the 'British main Bond girl' has been changed to another nationality due to script changes or perhaps EON couldn't find a suitable girl for the original part. If somebody like Emily Blunt had taken the British role, i'd be very happy, but as good an actress Joanna Froggatt might be, i personally don't think she's 'Bond girl' material. I'd be happy with Monica Bellucci. I still think she's beautiful and has that exotic look and is very classy. I'm also hoping that Naomi will stay in the office this time.

if El Maybe tweets the title please someone pm me to avoid it as I kind of dont ewant to know till thursday
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    anyone seen this? :-/

Bond 24 villain revealed: Sherlock star Andrew Scott to take on Daniel Craig's 007 in new film

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bond-24-villain-revealed-sherlock-4733030

• Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited December 2014 Posts: 432
    chipsticks wrote: »
    anyone seen this? :-/

Bond 24 villain revealed: Sherlock star Andrew Scott to take on Daniel Craig's 007 in new film

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bond-24-villain-revealed-sherlock-4733030

Wow. where is this coming from? Was not expecting that
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 267
    Zorin61 wrote: »

I'm wondering if perhaps the role of the 'British main Bond girl' has been changed to another nationality due to script changes or perhaps EON couldn't find a suitable girl for the original part. If somebody like Emily Blunt had taken the British role, i'd be very happy, but as good an actress Joanna Froggatt might be, i personally don't think she's 'Bond girl' material. I'd be happy with Monica Bellucci. I still think she's beautiful and has that exotic look and is very classy. I'm also hoping that Naomi will stay in the office this time.

But I just don't think Monica Bellucci is what I personally wanna see in the follow up to Skyfall, not to say people can't have their own opinion. If I was to choose between Joanne and Monica, I would choose Joanne because of what I can imagine Mendes and the writers could do with her as an actress as talented as her and how cool it would be to witness an actress that no-one believed was Bond-girl material become a fantastic main Bond girl alongside Craig and the rest of the cast. I feel like although Mendes could work some magic with Bellucci, but I don't think you could make her a Bond girl that people are gonna love and remember.

I do think the role of main Bond girl being British could have changed by now. Norway became Austria (and it is as Austria in the film, I believe).