SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

So by October we should get the title which means we will know what to call the film in literally three months...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Risico007 wrote:
    So by October we should get the title which means we will know what to call the film in literally three months...

The press conference is in September, so we'll have the title by then. Only two months away (and how it usually goes, it'll probably be leaked before then). I'm getting excited.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The press conference is in September,

Are you sure? Source?
    Creasy47 wrote:

Are you sure? Source?

I thought I read elsewhere that because filming starts in October, the press conference will be before that, so most likely in September. I suppose it could be early October, too.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Are you sure? Source?

I thought I read elsewhere that because filming starts in October, the press conference will be before that, so most likely in September. I suppose it could be early October, too.

And if I recall correctly, when Skyfall had its press conference the cast and crew were already in Turkey announcing the film officially so they could jump right into filming on site.

If this is the case and the conference occurs in the first place they're shooting we may get a sneak peek at one big location in Bond 24. Unless they just hold it in London, in which case we won't get anything.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 5,745
    The Skyfall press conference was in October, in London. They began principal photography shooting the scenes where Bond first enters the London Underground MI6 location the week following the press conference.

I recall the Bond 24 press conference being held in October this year, as well. Will look for sources..

There are no official sources for the press conference date. I think a few of us assumed it would be right as filming began.

So it's currently up in the air, but October is a safer bet over September in my opinion.
    ^ what he said, then. I was just going off of what I thought I read elsewhere. So it appears that the original comment was correct, and either way, in just a few months, we'll have so many new details. It's getting close!
    /\ I am hoping for some more rumours this month or even something official would be better! [-O< All i know is that i am really pumped for this next installment! \m/
    I love to have my girl Lady Gaga sing a Bond theme song. I dont want Adele to sing the them again.
    May I ask to those who are again Adele singing the theme twice in a row what is your objection?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Having Adele pen another title song in a row is
    1) boring
    2) relying on the tried and tested
    3) resting on ones laurels
    4) the opposite of innovative
    5) playing it safe

Having said that, Adele
    1) has contributed the best song in a long while
    2) is a fantastic singer
    3) deserves another go

Still, I prefer innovation and like to be surprised, so I hope for some other person to make his/her mark - but it really has to be either a ballad or more rock'n roll. No RnB, please.
    i still prefer Surrender
    zebrafish wrote:
    Having Adele pen another title song in a row is
    1) boring
    2) relying on the tried and tested
    3) resting on ones laurels
    4) the opposite of innovative
    5) playing it safe

Having said that, Adele
    1) has contributed the best song in a long while
    2) is a fantastic singer
    3) deserves another go

Still, I prefer innovation and like to be surprised, so I hope for some other person to make his/her mark - but it really has to be either a ballad or more rock'n roll. No RnB, please.

I can understand the other objection, but why would it be de facto boring?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I would like another person to do it this time just for the sake of variety, nothing else.
    I rate quality above variety and innovation. A wide spectrum of crap does nobody any good.
    Agreed. Prior to Skyfall, we speculated that Sony might push one of their own artists. This turned out to be false. Instead, apparently Adele was asked directly by Broccoli and Wilson to contribute a title track. Now, it should not be too difficult to find out which other (preferably British) artists can do the same, i.e. deliver a high quality song on time and sing it just perfect. There are only a handful that pull large crowds into the stadiums, I think they should be approached directly and soon, to find out whether they would be in it with their hearts. And they should be OK if their song would not be selected.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 14,840
    I am all for Adele to be the next Shirley Bassey, so I am all for her to return for Bond 24. And I don't think she is the only logical choice, but I think she is one of the good choices.
    Ludovico wrote:
    I am all for Adele to be the next Shirley Bassey, so I am all for her to return for Bond 24. And I don't think she is the only logical choice, but I think she is one of the good choices.

Adele to be the next Shirley Bassey?
    This rather belongs in the top jokes from the UK thread (at least in my opinion). Adele is light-years away from Bassey when it comes to Voice, expression and most of all sheer power.
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

This rather belongs in the top jokes from the UK thread (at least in my opinion). Adele is light-years away from Bassey when it comes to Voice, expression and most of all sheer power.

They are very much in the same class. Indeed, I consider Adele's voice to be more distinctive.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'm all for a return of Adele, but Bassey never did two movies in a row.
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

They are very much in the same class. Indeed, I consider Adele's voice to be more distinctive.

Not sure if Adele's voice is more distinctive, but it may be more harmonious. Voice for voice, all qualities of the songs aside, I think Adele has the best one. Beside, what I meant by this is Adele to become a singer who is recurring in Bond movies and whose voice and songs are identified with Bond movies.

@Matt_Helm-I think you understood what I meant.
    Walecs wrote:
    I'm all for a return of Adele, but Bassey never did two movies in a row.

But was it happenstance, or was it a deliberate decision? Beside, what is the alternative to Adele now, compared to the alternative to Bassey then?
    Someone on Roger Deakins' official forum wrote that Bond 24 will be shot on film as he knows the lab handling it. If this is true, it also means that they already have a cinematographer on board which wouldn't be that surprising.

Source: http://www.rogerdeakins.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2977

By the way, i find it so annoying that when people have a chance to ask Mendes about the film, they always ask him about the story. He will never reveal anything about the story at this point! They should ask him about the cinematographer!!!
    Nice find! I didn't know Deakins had his own forum.
  • Hm, hm, less money for the hardware, all the money is eaten by the people ?
    Bond 24 on film may look less beautiful to the TV HD generation than the digital Skyfall...
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,601
    What would be the reason to film it like this and not digital? I suppose Deakins is not the only one being good at digital filming.

En plus - could anybody please tell me the difference between on film and digitally?
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 2,115
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    The Skyfall press conference was in October, in London. They began principal photography shooting the scenes where Bond first enters the London Underground MI6 location the week following the press conference.

The Skyfall press conference was on Nov. 3, 2011.

http://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/eon-says-bond-23-title-is-skyfall-confirms-other-reports/

Here's the press release.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/eon-productions-metro-goldwyn-mayer-studios-and-sony-pictures-entertainment-announce-7th-november-is-start-of-production-for-23rd-james-bond-film-skyfall-133144863.html
  • Germanlady wrote:
    What would be the reason to film it like this and not digital? I suppose Deakins is not the only one being good at digital filming.

En plus - could anybody please tell me the difference between on film and digitally?

Maybe the cameras are already taken by some digital production, it's not like there are dozens of these camera in the world it seems. It could be a production that does native 3D etc.

As for the difference, I'm afraid books could be written about it and authors would differ. Even now in film the DOP can check the image in real-time with elaborate pre-viz system, etc.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Germanlady wrote:

I believe it's a personal choice, some prefer film, some prefer digital. Beautiful films can be shot both ways.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 5,767
    Germanlady wrote:
    They are two different tools.
    Film has been used since the invention of movies, therefore more experiences have been accumulated over the decades/century.
    Digital is pretty new and saves a lot of money because film stock is awfully expensive. It offers an unlimited number of possibilities how to use it, many of which are not available with film, but, as with film, it´s tricky to make it look really, really good.

Maybe the cameras are already taken by some digital production, it's not like there are dozens of these camera in the world it seems. It could be a production that does native 3D etc.
    I haven´t heard of any production yet that would get preference over the next Bond film like that.