SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Dragonpol wrote:
    How about Angela Merkel as a more mature Bond lady?

She is a lady? I thought she was an austere German man.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Betty White for Bond girl!

http://en.mediamass.net/people/betty-white/james-bond.html

EDIT: This story seems to be false.
    SEEMS? Its the same text as for the other. ;)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Germanlady wrote:

=)) Who are they going to pick next?
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,950
    Germanlady wrote:
    Yes, that's the first thing I noticed. They said it themself: "This story seems to be false"!
  • This Charlotte Rampling rumour is surely that (or i think its just some story thats been made up on some satirical website) However I could see her in a role playing some uptight government official telling M to sort out the mess that needs sorting out...
    Maybe she will be some sort of Government official?
    RogueAgent wrote:

Maybe she will not be in the movie at all.
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Maybe she will not be in the movie at all.
    Well that is just crazy talk it's on the internet so it must be true speaking of which Why don't more people talk about Al Pachino's brilliant turn as the Head of Quantum in Quantum of Solace ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Al Pacino as the Head of Quantum: "WHHHHOOOOAAAA!" *chomps gum loudly*
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Al Pacino as the Head of Quantum: "WHHHHOOOOAAAA!" *chomps gum loudly*

"Hello Mr bond hooohaa say hello to my little friend"
    I usually don't browse this theme and I just read the title of the thread.

69 year old Bond girl ???? Wat ?
    I dont believe the 69 year old bond girl rumor.
    The rumor's false! Remove it from the headline before more people believe it and pass that news on.
  • Well...she'd have made a better Mary Goodnight than the one we got. Maybe they'll digitally edit her in Brit Eklund's place and this is all one big misunderstanding.

On another note, if this does come to pass, we all ought to be glad it's not the Brosnan years. Lord knows what awful 69 pun they'd have him make.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The rumor's false! Remove it from the headline before more people believe it and pass that news on.

Scrambling for ideas here, it's so damn hard trying to keep everything on track. A rumor is a rumor is a rumor and it will be discussed, but I do agree that this one is absolutely preposterous.

Sometimes I just amuse myself with everybody's reactions.

Anyways, moving on...

Will Adele still be relevant enough to make a successful Bond 24 theme song?
    She recently stated that she was struggling to complete her new album because she was 'too happy' and was afraid of letting down fans of her last two albums, which focused on the theme of heartbreak.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27737306

If she can complete the album, it should release this year. She also plans to join the hit TV contest X-Factor in 2016, a year after the release of Bond 24.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/adele-agrees-x-factor-judge-3604897

In my opinion, if she does manage to get her album out this year, and it is moderately successful (who are we kidding, it will be), I have no doubt here relevance will be unquestioned. She'll be in the news all of early-2015, and I'm sure rumors will begin swirling of her involvement with Bond 24 as she is picked apart in interviews. Also, it seems to me the distance between her album releasing in 2014 and her joining X-Factor in 2016 is likely for a tour of the new album.

Whether or not she is willing to find time to write a Bond song in between the the album release, tour, and the TV show is the question.
    I'm sure she'll be relevant for a long time, and while part of me wants to see her return ('Skyfall' was one killer track) and another part of me wants someone else to give it a shot and see what else they can bring to the table, I don't think many people on here truly want to see her return, solely for the fact that they do want someone else to do a song, as well.
    I think Skyfall is literally the only decent thing Adele's ever done. Way too much of a gamble IMO that she'd make something of equal quality a second time around without rehashing it. That and I NEVER want to see the same artist used a second time in a row. It hasn't happened yet and I don't want Adele of all people to be the first.
  • Adele was a big part of Skyfall box office success here IMO (the other big part being Asterix not being as successful as planned, so there was a void after that that SF filled). I've never heard a Bond theme played so much on radio and TV during the promotion of the movie.

Here in this French TV parody of "The Voice", the song "every one is singing" is Skyfall (at 1:50)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjmRyF3FEH4
    I'm all for Adele returning for Bond 24. If not her then someone like her (bad pun here).
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Adele should sit this one out, but not because the next song will not live up to expectations. I like all of Shirley Bassey's title tracks, but twice in a row is not good.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited June 2014 Posts: 4,312
    Here in this French TV parody of "The Voice", the song "every one is singing" is Skyfall (at 1:50)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjmRyF3FEH4

Hilarious, they are all wearing wigs, no? Surely those are all wigs?
    OK... got it, it's a parody. Man, I am relieved. For a second I thought the French had lost it.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I still think Paloma Faith should do the next one. I don't like the idea of the same person doing a theme song twice in a row.
  • I am all for ADELE returning to do another Bond song. But maybe she should skip 24 and come back for 25. Although if she did come back for 24 i wouldn't complain.

As long as she doesn't leave it as long as Bassey between the first and second Bond song...!..
    Given the success of the song, whoever does Bond 24's theme has big shoes to fill.

• ...I think Sam Mendes knows the pressure on this film. How can he improve on SKYFALL. Excellent critical acclaim..an oscar winning song..and cinematography that was probably mentioned in nearly every review and won numerous awards. Big shoes to fill in a number of departments.
    zebrafish wrote:
    Adele should sit this one out, but not because the next song will not live up to expectations. I like all of Shirley Bassey's title tracks, but twice in a row is not good.
    Sandy wrote:
    I don't like the idea of the same person doing a theme song twice in a row.
    I completely agree. I liked the Skyfall theme to a degree, but there are countless other talents out there who deserve the privilege of doing one Bond theme. Perhaps later on down the track she could return.

Although, I can't help but think that the notion of EON asking Adele to return for Bond24- on top of the return of Mendes would seem like they're desperate to ensure the film measures up to expectations.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    QBranch wrote:
    Although, I can't help but think that the notion of EON asking Adele to return for Bond24- on top of the return of Mendes would seem like they're desperate to ensure the film measures up to expectations.
    I totally agree with you there. Yet another good reason to give someone new a chance.
    We shall see if Adele will return, I do not waste to much thought on it until we know something specific. And if she does return with something that easily can live up to Skyfall than I am fine with it. After so many years of very mixed and poorly conceived theme songs she felt like an oasis of Bondness.
    Does anyone know why Shirley Bassey did not sing TB? Maybe, and this is only hypothetical, it had something to do with Young coming back and his style of movie, different from GF. Both FRWL and TB had themes sung by males.