SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

jobo wrote:
    DC to get a facelift before Bond24?

It's certainly an in depth story full of hard evidence...

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/277571/daniel-craig-needs-face-lift-reprising-bond-role/06042014.html

No wonder why celebrities hate journalists… :-w

How long before the tabloids pick up on this "scoop"?

I'm sure it won't be long! They will print any kind of drivel as we all know! :-q
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2014 Posts: 28,694
    How hilarious. Do these gossip fools know that you stand a better chance of actually looking worse post surgery than you did before going under the knife?

Dan looks just fine.
    I bet there are some idiots on the internet who believe this story. And by 'idiots', I think you know who I mean. ;-)
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 7,500
    The problem is that there are lots of idiots in this world. That's why those gossip tabloids are able to survive...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I bet there are some idiots on the internet who believe this story. And by 'idiots', I think you know who I mean. ;-)

I can hear the "special" folks over at DCINB now:

"Daniel Craig is getting a facelift? OMG everyone, this is like totally the first time he's made a proper career choice since like...forevers! BRB got2 tweet this out. LOL ROFLOFLOFL."
  • DC to get a facelift before Bond24?

It's certainly an in depth story full of hard evidence...

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/277571/daniel-craig-needs-face-lift-reprising-bond-role/06042014.html

If you read it, the story contradicts itself. It begins saying Daniel Craig is planning on a facelift but then says people are trying to work up the nerve to tell him he needs one.
    uhm

so how about a location rumor or something...

Risico007 wrote:
    uhm

so how about a location rumor or something...

Preferably credible ones.
    Out of interest, does any one know what kind of profit EON would make on a big success like SF? I know in the movie business they try and avoid profit, as that means having to pay tax, but just interested to hear if any one knows about this stuff.

I was also wondering what kind of payment the Fleming estate gets when a new Bond movie comes out. DO they get a one off payment or a share of the revenue?
    Does anybody know this mag?

top_zpse18c1e09.jpg
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited June 2014 Posts: 4,012
    That looks like a made up cover @Germanlady, misspellings galore and unprofessional layout.

EDIT: should be fake, the website leads nowhere.
    Yeah, I was wondering about that.But thanks for the confirmation. Seems its just a search side.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    And the use of comic sans! As a graphic designer, it's pretty much taboo for us.
    Found it. Its from here. Not too shabby actually.
    http://jrbouvier.tumblr.com/
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,955
    Murdock wrote:
    And the use of comic sans! As a graphic designer, it's pretty much taboo for us.
    24969844-oops--commic-speech-bubbel-cartoon.jpg

So that's what I've been doing wrong all these years! ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Murdock wrote:

Isn t everything for you guys?
    edited June 2014 Posts: 16,333
    QBranch wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    24969844-oops--commic-speech-bubbel-cartoon.jpg

So that's what I've been doing wrong all these years! ;)

That's not comic sans. :p that's Badda Bing! a good comic type font.
    Murdock wrote:

Isn t everything for you guys?
    Not everything. Just using Comic Sans and dingbats. :))
    Murdock wrote:
    Badaboom, actually ;) I couldn't find the pic I was after. Perhaps we can expect one in June- I'm anticipating it more than any Bond24 production news.
    QBranch wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Badaboom, actually ;) I couldn't find the pic I was after. Perhaps we can expect one in June- I'm anticipating it more than any Bond24 production news.

If not, we can always make fan art to whet appetites. ;)
    @Murdock Sounds like you have an appetite for construction.
    QBranch wrote:

More like an appetite for destruction. ;) (Beat you Thunderfinger! =)) )
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Murdock wrote:
    QBranch wrote:

More like an appetite for destruction. ;) (Beat you Thunderfinger! =)) )

As I have an appetite for instruction, I would point out that you have an appetite for abstraction.
    July I think is going to be a huge month for bond.

• So we are into June and don't really seem to know a lot at this point. Filming starts at the end of the year just like SKYFALL started shooting towards the end of 2011. In JUNE of 2011 what info did we already know for sure. Cast. Crew etc. Anyone remember?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @nobodydoesitbetter, @Samuel001 knows that kind of stuff, but he's gone for the week. He's really honed in on dates, times, and information like that. Honestly, I don't recall. The press conference will be held in September, correct? I know that all the big rumors and information will start coming out by next month, I'm almost sure of it. I joined in July 2011, and the reason I did was to post the huge article on the rumors of Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes joining in unspecified roles, with Naomie Harris joining as MP.
  • i have a feeling that by June we already knew the main cast including the info that Javier Bardem was definately in the film as the villain.Maybe 1 or 2 of the others were only rumours at this time. BOND 24 seems to be lacking any serious info at this date. I definately feel like in June 2011 we knew a lot more about SKYFALL than we do about BOND 24!
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,492
    i have a feeling that by June we already knew the main cast including the info that Javier Bardem was definately in the film as the villain.Maybe 1 or 2 of the others were only rumours at this time. BOND 24 seems to be lacking any serious info at this date. I definately feel like in June 2011 we knew a lot more about SKYFALL than we do about BOND 24!

Yeah, that's true, I just found the article that I posted and it appears that it was just full of confirmations, as all three were either rumored or confirmed to some extent before that article was released. This article was on July 8th, so then if we go by that timeline, we could have similar information on Bond girls, the villain, etc. in just a few weeks.

It looks like Chiwetel Ejiofor is slated to star in yet another project. Perhaps he won't be the villain in B24 after all?

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/new-regency-acquires-marching-powder-as-star-vehicle-for-chiwetel-ejiofor/#more-741340
  • @creasy47 - Thanks for that. Bardem and Fiennes were confirmed in July. And I also found an article from November 2011 when we still didn't know who was going to be the composer. Couldn't find a date for when we knew that Roger Deakins was going to be the cinematographer. I think though that in June 2011 there were far more rumours flying around (that turned out to be true) than there are for Bond 24. i still think that CHIWETEL EJIOFOR could film both projects if he is interested in doing a Bond film. It is though a bit strange that there are not more rumours going around!...maybe some of these film websites need to have someone camping outside the EON offices!
    Ejiofor is currently filming something, and he has this project slated for filming at some point and that might be it. Samuel posted a Deadline link for another movie he was attached to that will start filming this fall, so we'll see. I'm sure Ejiofor was either just a rumor, or he is already confirmed and has the shooting schedule aligned just right so he can play the villain in B24. I'm hoping it's the latter, because I think he will be great in it.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 5,745
    @creasy47 - Thanks for that. Bardem and Fiennes were confirmed in July. And I also found an article from November 2011 when we still didn't know who was going to be the composer. Couldn't find a date for when we knew that Roger Deakins was going to be the cinematographer. I think though that in June 2011 there were far more rumours flying around (that turned out to be true) than there are for Bond 24. i still think that CHIWETEL EJIOFOR could film both projects if he is interested in doing a Bond film. It is though a bit strange that there are not more rumours going around!...maybe some of these film websites need to have someone camping outside the EON offices!

You have to remember that Skyfall had a much longer gap from Quantum of Solace, a gap in which the producers never stopped working. Durinng the three years before July 2011 they had already talked to Fiennes and Bardem, Wishaw, and even Marlohe. Then in June, I'm pretty sure that's when MGM got back on its feet and it was official that Bond 23 was a go, so everyone let fly their 'rumors'.

For Bond 24, they've had a least a year less to approach anybody, and even in that time frame they have thrown out a script and started again, perhaps changing characters and thus changing casting ideas.

So when we look back to when Mendes finally agreed to do Bond 24, which was July of 2013, that's when we should start comparing it to Skyfall. They've only had less than a year to start over with the script, and given how long it could have taken/could be taking Logan to push out what Mendes expects, they may have only had a solid idea on characters for about 6-8 months now. So it really isn't surprising that we aren't getting much news. Bond 24 is really a two-year production, with the third year wasted on Mendes.

Thanks, Money-makin'-Mendes. Thanks.