SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Can we safely assume at least one Bond girl will be Scandinavian?
    Ludovico wrote:
    Can we safely assume at least one Bond girl will be Scandinavian?

If not, it would be a big surprise...
    I'm now wondering: 1)if said Scandinavian actress will play the main Bond girl (I'd say probably yes, giving the previous movies) and 2)will the character be Scandinavian.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,425
    Why would they be screen testing all these Scando women if the character wasn't also Scando?
    Daniella Bianchi was not Russian. They may be going for Scandinavian actresses for many reasons, for instance because they want a northern look, without having the character necessarily Scandinavian. But don't get me wrong: I want a Scandinavian character.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,950
    I don't think this was posted here earlier (it dates back to January):

Norwegian James Bond Magazine (James Bond-magasinet) interviews Terry Bamber, the production manager on the last 6 Bond films. Inevitably, the possibility of Norway as a location is brought up, with Bamber going on to say:

"I know Mr Mendes wants to shoot somewhere that has never been used before for Bond 24".

http://jamesbondnorge.no/?p=1347

Like many members here, I too, would love for Bond to visit Norway- or any Scandinavian country for that matter. Fingers crossed.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Norway would be a beautiful place to shoot. I really hope that it does happen.
    Anywhere in Scandinavia would be fine by me. I am more optimistic than I was about the possibility, but there is still the price.
    The old ship yard in Malmo would make a great location for a fight/chase sequence. I don't know if they're still there, but the huge machines bridging the dry dock are amazing.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 2,015
    Unusual "high" production value for these sponsored/fan/spoof Bond short movies from the Norway company Allkopi (a printing company - Q's lab is basically selling posters). There is no cinematography, but well someone actually jumped in parachute or was on the side of a truck etc. I didnt watch them entirely but looked a bit through them.

The one with the most budget, Quantum for Allkopi :

The first one, Allkopi Royale. The invisible car is at 6:50

Well at least they could have a local sponsor for sure if they shoot there :)

Allkopi is a little subsidiary of Service Point Solutions, which has 200 M Euros revenues. Not really giants then, though, but well people look for money everywhere these days :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If the movie is shot in Scandinavia I'd love a sequence that utilized the beauty of the Aurora Borealis in the sky. What a beautiful thing that'd be to capture on film!
    If the movie is shot in Scandinavia I'd love a sequence that utilized the beauty of the Aurora Borealis in the sky. What a beautiful thing that'd be to capture on film!

...and it would be even more beautiful if Roger Deakins was DP. Ahh, imagine that kind of shot. A man can dream.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

That is pure magic for sure. When my mom was a kid, she thought that was God who wanted to punish her and her sisters for stealing, and they ran fast as hell. That is how majestic it is.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

That is pure magic for sure. When my mom was a kid, she thought that was God who wanted to punish her and her sisters for stealing, and they ran fast as hell. That is how majestic it is.

I'm sure that's how many civilizations viewed the Northern Lights centuries ago. It'd be kind of cool, yet kind of scary at the same time for those that didn't understand what caused it.
    I'm sure that's how many civilizations viewed the Northern Lights centuries ago. It'd be kind of cool, yet kind of scary at the same time for those that didn't understand what caused it.
    Majestic? Or magnetic?

Haha, centuries ago? I should call my mom and tell. And,yes @QBranch you pedant. It is magnetic. Wonder if the Q branch has something to do with it.
    And,yes @QBranch you pedant. It is magnetic.
    Never mind that. Did you notice how educated I am? ;)
    Since centuries ago.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I would dearly love the northern lights filmed - for real, not CGI. They are magnetic and majestic and amazing. Maybe Mendes can sneak the cinematographer (who IS that, anyway?!!!) up early and have him or her patiently wait for the real thing.

I am still crying over Deakins not returning. I wish they'd let us know soon about the cinematographer; I know some other ones are really good. With a decent budget (which they ought to have since Skyfall was the huge box office success) I hope they hire the next best since we cannot have Roger.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,396
    DC to get a facelift before Bond24?

It's certainly an in depth story full of hard evidence...

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/277571/daniel-craig-needs-face-lift-reprising-bond-role/06042014.html

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/277571/daniel-craig-needs-face-lift-reprising-bond-role/06042014.html

No wonder why celebrities hate journalists… :-w
    jobo wrote:

No wonder why celebrities hate journalists… :-w

How long before the tabloids pick up on this "scoop"?
    He can only drive automatic too.
    He's going to be mega-pissed off when he sees that article doing the rounds..
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 9,774
    sigh can't we just have a Bond 24 is Risico rumor or something nicer without this nonsesne
    Risico007 wrote:
    sigh can't we just have a Bond 24 is Risico rumor or something nicer without this nonsesne

And.most of them are recycled rumours as well.
    A possible chase sequence in Norway?

arctic-paradise-norway.jpg
    There are some great landscapes there for sure.
    Yeah, I don't give it too long before the tabloids pick up that DC "story."
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    "By air, by land, by sea..." :D