Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• That is a very respectable age. Her life was almost twice as long as Fleming's.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Today is the anniversary of death of Fleming himself.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Tokoloshe wrote: »

Indeed, 53 years since his sad passing today - 12 August 1964.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited August 2017 Posts: 45,489
    jake24 wrote: »

Almost eerie. Isn t it Blanche Blackwell s son who owns the Goldeneye estate today?
    The world s oldest man, Yisrael Kristal also died today aged 113.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The world s oldest man, Yisrael Kristal also died today aged 113.

I was reading about that yesterday. Would've been 114 in a month.

Always love seeing these Holocaust survivors that managed to live incredibly long lives. RIP, Mr. Kristal.
    The world s oldest person though is a woman. In Jamaica. Aged 117.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, that's old. Had to look up the oldest recorded age, belongs to a French woman who passed in 1997 at the age of 122.
    The oldest a human can get is 144, due to the fact that all mammals have a maximum amount of heartbeats before it collapses. Mathematical and statistical fact.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited August 2017 Posts: 6,781
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Damn, that's old. Had to look up the oldest recorded age, belongs to a French woman who passed in 1997 at the age of 122.

I remember reading somewhere that she quit smoking at 120. Don't know if there is any truth in that, but I giggled.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,690
    The oldest a human can get is 144, due to the fact that all mammals have a maximum amount of heartbeats before it collapses. Mathematical and statistical fact.

How did you reach the age of 158 years, @Thunderfinger? ;)
    I remember reading in the Guinness bok of records as a kid that the oldest person had passed away at the age of 126, but I guess it hasn t been properly confirmed. It was a Japanese gemtleman if I recall correctly.

How did you reach the age of 158 years, @Thunderfinger? ;)

What are you talking about? I am only a young man of 101.
    @Thunderfinger defies time and tide and goes on through the centuries.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,622
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Well, they may only be fish, but today is a sad day. The heater in my 30 gallon aquarium malfunctioned and killed all my fish in that tank, including my 7 year old green-spotted puffer fish.

My condolences. That's awful news :( Fish, like other pets, are still important too.

Sorry about your fish. That must have been sad
    I'm sure you'd gotten quite used to having them around, especially the 7- year old
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I wouldn't go banco on that.

Gene engineering could maybe fix that.

It's not a big problem for much of the world's population though!
    Dragonpol wrote: »

It's not a big problem for much of the world's population though!

Especially since it's complete nonsense.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    timmer wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Well, they may only be fish, but today is a sad day. The heater in my 30 gallon aquarium malfunctioned and killed all my fish in that tank, including my 7 year old green-spotted puffer fish.

My condolences. That's awful news :( Fish, like other pets, are still important too.

Sorry about your fish. That must have been sad
    I'm sure you'd gotten quite used to having them around, especially the 7- year old

Thank you for your condolences.
    jake24 wrote: »

Almost eerie. Isn t it Blanche Blackwell s son who owns the Goldeneye estate today?

A very strange coincidence indeed.
    Blanche Blackwell didn't actually die on Fleming's death date anniversary, though it was close to it.
    So, Blanche Blackwell was the "jamaican wife" that I saw in a documentary about Ian Fleming, then ?

RIP also to Victor pemberton, writer of the Doctor Who episode "Fury from the Deep", and thus creator of the Sonic Screwdriver :

doctorwhonews.net/2017/08/victor-pemberton-1931-2017.html
    Gerard wrote: »
    So, Blanche Blackwell was the "jamaican wife" that I saw in a documentary about Ian Fleming, then ?

RIP also to Victor pemberton, writer of the Doctor Who episode "Fury from the Deep", and thus creator of the Sonic Screwdriver :

doctorwhonews.net/2017/08/victor-pemberton-1931-2017.html

Yes, that was her.
    40 years since Elvis died. I remember it well,and the newspaper headline "The King is dead." Some people thought it was the king himself who had died.
    A couple of celebrity deaths these past two weeks in France. First, there was Christian Millau, cou-founder of the famous Gault & Millau gastronomic guide (the main rival of the Michelin guide) :

lemonde.fr/disparitions/article/2017/08/07/le-critique-gastronomique-christian-millau-cofondateur-du-gault-et-millau-est-mort_5169648_3382.html

Then, writer and reporter Gonzague Saint Bris died in a car crash, aged 69 :

lepoint.fr/culture/info-le-point-fr-l-ecrivain-gonzague-sant-bris-est-mort-08-08-2017-2148684_3.php

And, just today, I've learned of the deaht of TV presenter (in the 60s and 70s) and writer Jacqueline Monsigny, wife of american actor Edward meeks :

lemonde.fr/disparitions/article/2017/08/16/mort-de-la-romanciere-jacqueline-monsigny_5172826_3382.html
    40 years since Elvis died. I remember it well,and the newspaper headline "The King is dead." Some people thought it was the king himself who had died.

A true musical Legend and Icon! RIP Elvis Presley!
    Real life British peer David Somerset dies age 89. Shares his name with Bond's alias in FRWL. Anyone know if it's a coincidence or did Fleming use another name of someone he knew?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-40955380
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Sir Bruce Forsyth has died aged 89...RIP and thanks for all the fun ,you made me so so happy in my childhood years Brucie.

:(
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Bruce has been a favourite of one done young 'un. RIP Sir Bruce.
    Sad to hear of the death of the legendary Sir Bruce Forsyth. I was just thinking of him recently.

From Wikipedia:

In 2012, Guinness World Records recognised Forsyth as having the longest television career for a male entertainer.