Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

Goodbye, Sir Bruce. It was nice to see you, to see you nice.

(Come on, somebody was going to say it, no ?)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2017 Posts: 13,894
    "And here they are, they're so appealing, ok dollies do your dealing."

I know he's been off our tvs for a while now. That must have been a sign, behind the scenes, that Brucie wasn't well, especially how much of a towering fixture of the British entertainment industry we was.

RIP Sir Bruce Forsyth
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Brucie. Such an entertainer.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sweet dreams, Bruce.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    RIP Sir Bruce , didnt he do well .
  • RC7RC7
    Cliched, but it's unlikely we'll see a TV personality like him again. I never met the man but several of my colleagues and mates have worked with him in the past and up until he retired. By all accounts a thoroughly lovely bloke.
    Rip Sir Bruce my daughters said that Strictly come dancing would never be the same again, veen if his part had already been over for some time.
    RIP Sir Bruce Forsyth.

We sadly lose an entertainment legend of the highest order. A massive part of my childhood. Loved everything he did, but I have to say my personal favourite was the magic he worked on the Generation Game.

Thank you for the laughter Brucie! You will sadly be missed.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,813
    400px-PredatorMossberg500-5.jpg

Sonny Landham, RIP...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    R.I.P. Bruce... Another great character from childhood passes 'Good game, good game'

R.I.P. Sonny Landham I read about his difficulties after car accident
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, RIP Sonny Landham.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Oh no, not Brucie too.
    He had a good innings, and entertained countless generations. A unique feat and talent, the likes of which are rare.
    RIP Brucie.
    RIP Sonny Landham.
    I bet Brucie is laughing his head off up there at being lauded in the same breath as Sonny Landham!
    Forsyth was a Legend. R.I.P.
    Jerry Lewis has died, aged 91 :

variety.com/2017/film/news/jerry-lewis-dies-dead-nutty-professor-1202533899/

I liked his movies, when I was a kid. At least, the one from his great period (The Ladies Man, The Nutty Professor). I'm sad, but 91 isn't a bad age to go.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Gerard wrote: »
    Jerry Lewis has died, aged 91 :

variety.com/2017/film/news/jerry-lewis-dies-dead-nutty-professor-1202533899/

I liked his movies, when I was a kid. At least, the one from his great period (The Ladies Man, The Nutty Professor). I'm sad, but 91 isn't a bad age to go.

Very sad to hear, Jerry was a comedic legend. RIP, sir, and thanks for the laughs.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Jerry Lewis was the Jim Carrey of his time.
    Jerry Lewis was the Jim Carrey of his time.

Too much of a compliment for Carrey, May the professor of Comedy rest in Peace.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Gutted..i loved Jerry and his mad antics when I was a kid..another one gone just after Brucie.

RIP Jerry,and thanks.

They are dropping like flies this year.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 533
    Comedian/activist Dick Gregory passed away. He was 84 - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dick-gregory-dead-stand-up-comedy-legend-civil-rights-activist-was-84-1004479. RIP, Mr. Gregory.
    RIP Jerry Lewis. Another Golden Age icon now gone.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Jerry Lewis, another comedy legend passes.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Rest in peace, Jerry Lewis.

I just watched a film with him a few days ago, and was reading a book on his life. A multifaceted, complicated person. Guess I'll watch The Bellboy now... my favorite of his movies: 70 minutes of comic brilliance.

Sir Roger Moore, Bill Paxton, Jerry Lewis... some of my favorite artists. Sad times.
    RIP Jerry Lewis :(

One of my favorite comedians ever...
    RIP Jerry Lewis!

Another slice of comedy gold who has left us!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    RIP Jerry Lewis I grew up watching his movies with Dean Martin, he had a good innings
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Another legend leaves us. RIP Jerry Lewis, thanks for the many, many laughs you gave us.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 11,189
    Coincidentally I watched a bit of the original Nutty Professor the other day.

Must admit I prefer the Eddie Murphy remake.
    RIP Réjean Ducharme. Great, maybe the greatest, Québec writer. And a true artist and writer, completely uninterested about fame. It was all about his work: http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/famed-quebec-author-rejean-ducharme-dead-at-76