Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Robert Hardy Actor passed away today aged 91 RIP
    Best known for All Creatures Great And Small also Harry Potter films And the most convincing portrayal of Churchill .

He was 91? I knew he was old but not that old. RIP Cornelius Fudge.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2017 Posts: 17,801
    Today marks the tenth anniversary of the death of Bond author John Gardner. Gone but never forgotten. There literally would be no Dragonpol without him.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Today marks the tenth anniversary of the death of Bond author John Gardner. Gone but never forgotten. There literally would be no Dragonpol without him.

I had the pleasure to be invited to speak at his funeral by his family as they knew how big a fan I was....a brilliant Bond writer,and I'm sure his lovely family wouldn't stand in the way of one of his books being used as an official film.

They deserve it ,its madness to ignore the wealth of material John created.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »

I had the pleasure to be invited to speak at his funeral by his family as they knew how big a fan I was....a brilliant Bond writer,and I'm sure his lovely family wouldn't stand in the way of one of his books being used as an official film.

I think it's about time EON looked to the continuation books, even if they don't use the entirety of each book.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    barryt007 wrote: »

That's what happens when a particular party insist on being cheap.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    patb wrote: »

That was a delightful article. What a guy!

There's a definite generation gap between those who are mourning the Minister for Magic and those who are mourning Siegfried Farnon, and I fall on the old-person side of it...
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

There's a definite generation gap between those who are mourning the Minister for Magic and those who are mourning Siegfried Farnon, and I fall on the old-person side of it...

Me too. RIP. Never read or watched HP BTW.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Yet you have Voldemort as your profile picture? For shame, @DoctorKaufmann.

Though in all seriousness if you're a fan of Ralph you should check out Potter as he makes for a fine villain.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Louis Armstrong would have turned 116 today. He passed away in 1971.
    Here is another Bond connection.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Whilst I enjoyed his Minister for Magic in the Harry Potter films, it will be for Siegfried Farnon from All Creatures Great And Small I will remember him for best.
    Extremely good actor, made it look easy. Very commanding voice and presence.
    RIP Robert Hardy
    RIP Robert Hardy and Hywel Bennett. 2 more actors from my childhood. Both sadly missed.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.

Yet you have Voldemort as your profile picture? For shame, @DoctorKaufmann.

Though in all seriousness if you're a fan of Ralph you should check out Potter as he makes for a fine villain.

Well, I watched a lot of other movies he was in, SCHINDLER'S LIST, QUIZ SHOW, END OF THE AFFAIR, THE CONSTANT GARDENER, to name but a few. AND I watched him as Hamlet at the Hackney Empire back in 1995.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 5,806
    Japanese actor Haruo Nakajima, who was the first Godzilla, passed away aged 88 :

cbr.com/original-godzilla-actor-haruo-nakajima-passes-away/

Sayonara, Nakajima Sama. And a big Domo Arigato for all the hours of entertainment you provided.
  • Glen Campbell. Not exactly a surprise, but still....
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    There's an excellent documentary called GLEN CAMPBELL: I'LL BE ME (2014). On Netflix and other venues.
    He continued to perform well into the onset of Alzheimer's.
  • Glen's impact on pop music from the 1960s on is staggering. As a member of the Wrecking Crew (a legendary batch of studio musicians) he played on literally hundreds of songs we all know & love. Then he got started with his own solo career and...man! What a talent! Guitars all over the world are in mourning today...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I have never been a big listener to Glen Campbell, but I followed his battle with Alzheimer's after seeing it kill my own grandfather. It's still such a misunderstood condition, and it takes great bravery on the part of the person afflicted and their family to see it through. Glen handled it quite honorably to the very end, and wrote a heart-breaking song about the condition that perfectly underscores its ability to rob the human mind of thought, feeling and the joys of life. He won't be the last to be claimed by it, but his life, legacy and work will bring more attention to it while also keeping his own talent alive. RIP.
  • My grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's for many years. Now it looks like my mom's turn...
    My grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's for many years. Now it looks like my mom's turn...

You have my deepest sympathies, @BeatlesSansEarmuffs. I wouldn't wish it on my gravest enemy.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I love this song, written by Jimmy Webb.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 3,564
    This one's good... but so is everything he did with Jimmy Webb. I'm partial to "Wichita Lineman" myself. After awhile, all a producer had to say to Glenn or Jimmy was "Give us another song with a city name in the title," and BOOM! here comes "Galveston"...
    RIP Glenn Campbell.

Thank you for the music.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Well, they may only be fish, but today is a sad day. The heater in my 30 gallon aquarium malfunctioned and killed all my fish in that tank, including my 7 year old green-spotted puffer fish.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 12,265
    Well, they may only be fish, but today is a sad day. The heater in my 30 gallon aquarium malfunctioned and killed all my fish in that tank, including my 7 year old green-spotted puffer fish.

My condolences. That's awful news :( Fish, like other pets, are still important too.
    FoxRox wrote: »

My condolences. That's awful news :( Fish, like other pets, are still important too.

Thank you very much.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Aww, that's very sad. My brother has pet fish, but none as impressive as yours sound. A puffer fish is what fugu is made from, yes?

Aww, that's very sad. My brother has pet fish, but none as impressive as yours sound. A puffer fish is what fugu is made from, yes?

Yes it is. I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to try it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator