Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

A couple of deaths in France too. First, Alain Berbérian, director of the crime comedy La Cité de la Peur, who passed away aged 63 :

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-371843-le-realisateur-du-film-culte-des-nuls-la-cite-de-la-peur-alain-berberian-est-decede-a-l-age-de-63-ans.html

Then, french actress Nicole Besnard, who became famous for playing Marguerite in René Clair's adaptation of the legend of Faust, La Beauté du Diable, with Gérard Philippe as Faust and Michel Simon as Méphistophéles. To tell you the truth, I didn't even know she was still alive :

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-371828-l-actrice-nicole-besnard-vue-dans-le-film-la-beaute-du-diable-est-decedee-a-l-age-de-89-ans.html

And before that, TV reporter Marlène Seguin, who died at 27 from a horse riding accident. Tragic, really :

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-371798-la-journaliste-de-lci-marlene-seguin-27-ans-retrouvee-morte-apres-une-chute-de-cheval-la-redaction-sous-le-choc.html
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Loved that show R.I.P. Jay Thomas
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Body builder Rich Piana died.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Mr. Clifton James passed in April this year.
    He was a decorated Army soldier who served in World War II.
    His memorial service with full military honors is today, Friday 25 August, in Oregon.
    portlandtribune.com/cr/24-news/357971-237884-gladstone-hometown-hero-clifton-james-fondly-remembered

Full military honors meaning, from Military.com.
    military.com/benefits/burial-and-memorial/military-funeral-honors.html
    The rendering of Military Funeral Honors for an eligible veteran, free of charge, is mandated by law. An honor guard detail for the burial of an eligible veteran shall consist of not less than two members of the Armed Forces. One member of the detail shall be a representative of the parent Service of the deceased veteran. The honor detail will, at a minimum, perform a ceremony that includes the folding and presenting of the American flag to the next of kin and the playing of Taps. The veteran's parent Service representative will present the flag.

department-of-the-army-logo-5CFCF35BCC-seeklogo.com.jpgflag-folded.jpgfuneral3.jpg
    Williamette National Cemetery, Portland Oregon.
    CEMETERY_1469408278769_4285448_ver1.0.JPG?preset=534-401
    240px-Graves_amphitheatre_flag_-_Willamette_National_Cemetery_Oregon.jpg1_ca_goldengate.jpg
    Williamette Vietnam Remembrance, Garden of Solace, with a fine sentiment.
    7927436_orig.jpg
    CEM46572734_108353540170.jpg
    NY380-416_2017_000123_1.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    His memorial service with full military honors is today, Friday 25 August, in Oregon.
    portlandtribune.com/cr/24-news/357971-237884-gladstone-hometown-hero-clifton-james-fondly-remembered

The rendering of Military Funeral Honors for an eligible veteran, free of charge, is mandated by law. An honor guard detail for the burial of an eligible veteran shall consist of not less than two members of the Armed Forces. One member of the detail shall be a representative of the parent Service of the deceased veteran. The honor detail will, at a minimum, perform a ceremony that includes the folding and presenting of the American flag to the next of kin and the playing of Taps. The veteran's parent Service representative will present the flag.

department-of-the-army-logo-5CFCF35BCC-seeklogo.com.jpgflag-folded.jpgfuneral3.jpg
    240px-Graves_amphitheatre_flag_-_Willamette_National_Cemetery_Oregon.jpg1_ca_goldengate.jpg
    7927436_orig.jpg

He won't be forgotten thankyou for posting that

7927436_orig.jpg

Really appreciate you posting this! Thank you!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,691
    Tobe Hooper, the director of 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' and 'Poltergeist', has passed away at the age of 74.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Tobe Hooper, the director of 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' and 'Poltergeist', has passed away at the age of 74.

And so soon after the release of Leatherface.

RIP
    Director of one of the craziest movies ever made, Lifeforce a film I love. R.I.P. Tobe Hooper
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Tobe Hooper.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Poltergeist undoubtedly became an iconic movie.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    RIP Tobe Hooper.

I don't think there is a more genuinely, gritty, visceral and skin crawling horror film than his hugely influential debut Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

The basement sequence is relentless and seems to last forever in they way that a sequence should rather employing cheap scares, they broke the mould when they made this, it's just a masterpiece.
    RIP, Mr. Hooper. Another horror legend gone too soon.
    I'm sad today. I've just learned that french actress Mireille Darc has passed away, aged 79 :

actu.orange.fr/societe/people/mireille-darc-est-morte-a-79-ans-magic-CNT000000MJLkI.html

She was in so many movies, including the comedies of Georges Lautner (Les Barbouzes, Laisse Aller, c'est une Valse) and Francis Veber (Le Grand Blond avec une Chaussure Noire) which have been a staple of french TV, as well as very big successes in theaters in France. But she could also be a really good dramatic actress, like in Les Seins de Glace. It's a part of french movies that has died tonight.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Another horror legend passes away. Tobe Hooper.....thanks for all the scares!

Made some really good horrors;

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of the most gruelling and horribly real horror films ever made.
    The Funhouse is one of my all time favourites. A really slick and stylish slasher with a truly original monster. Love the atmosphere of the carnival in the film.
    Poltergeist was very good even if it did have a big Spielberg influence on it.
    I'm sad today. I've just learned that french actress Mireille Darc has passed away, aged 79

I remembered her from the 1969 comedy, "Those Daring Young Men in Their Jaunty Jalopies". R.I.P. Ms. Darc.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP Mr Hooper and Mme Darc :(
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/29/blanche-blackwell-obituary

Heiress who became the ‘Jamaican wife’ of James Bond creator Ian Fleming and was supposedly the model for Goldfinger’s Pussy Galore
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RIP Blanche. She was behind the only true James Bond story. Quantum of Solace is based upon information Fleming got from her about a couple she knew. Names were changed of course.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,691
    Richard Anderson, who played 'The Six Million Dollar Man', has passed away aged 91.

boss76.jpg
    You mean "who played in The Six Million Dollar Man" of course. Frankly, I didn't even know he was still alive. Still, his filmography is quite impressive. Oscar Goldman was just one of the parts he played in a career that encompassed everything, from musicals (Give a Girl a Break") to westerns (Across the Wide Missouri). Goodbye, Mr. Anderson, and rest in peace.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 19,339
    I don't think we can 'rebuild him' so RIP Richard.
    91 is a good innings.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Richard Anderson, The six million
    Dollar man was one of my favorite
    Shows as a kid.
    RIP Richard Anderson. A classic show you will be forever remembered with.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Remember or revisit Richard Anderson also in Forbidden Planet (1956), Paths of Glory (1957), The Long, Hot Summer (1958), Seven Days in May (1964).
    Many, many television roles. Includes the villain in The Night Strangler (1973).
    Very familiar with the Oscar Goldman character in The Six Million Dollar Man. To me that's the granddaddy to Phil Coulson of S.H.I.E.LD.
    Good life, fine family. Rest in peace.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Another favorite since my high school days ('70s). I did get to see them several years back at The Beacon.

I take it you mean Walter Becker? Was pretty torn up to see this morning that he had passed. Another talented, legendary musician gone.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Walter Becker at 67 years old co founder of Steeley Dan RIP not reeling in the years anymore.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Ten years ago today, Luciano Pavarotti.
    Probably the most astonishing voice the world has ever known. Watching a concert in his honour on RAI 1 right now. Impressive.