Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

Creasy47 wrote: »

Very tragic indeed. Just saw the news online. Thoughts and prayers to all the family and friends. RIP Troy.
  • Len Wein, co-creator of Wolverine who also revived the X-Men in comics in the 1970s. He helped make Hugh Jackman a star.

http://bit.ly/2xeuFSH
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Damn. That man could write some comics.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 5,821
    Indeed he could. We lost a real legend. If not for him, Hugh Jackman probably wouldn't be the star he is today.

cbr.com/len-wein-wolverine-creator-dead/

And in other news, Shelley Berman has also passed away, aged 92.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/shelley-berman-dead-comic-actor-719716

And Sci-Fi writer Jerry pournelle too, aged 84 :

sfwa.org/2017/09/memoriam-jerry-pournelle/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RIP Len Wein. Loved your work.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 11,189
    Today is the third anniversary of my grandfather passing away. Once again, a weird feeling to think I'm talking in years.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Today is the third anniversary of my grandfather passing away. Once again, a weird feeling to think I'm talking in years.

My grandfather's third is coming up this month too, @BAIN123. Remember the good times.
    Indeed. Thanks 0Brady.

Mine passed away last December. For me it's strange to even think about the fact he isn't around anymore.
    I know that feeling @FoxRox. Sorry for your loss too. The first year is the toughest.
    This Sunday will be the first anniversary of losing my father. Dreading it to be honest. Also cannot believe that so much time has pat already.
    Sorry @RogueAgent. It will be tough but you will get through it.
    Sorry @RogueAgent. It will be tough but you will get through it.

Cheers BAIN123. That means a lot, thoughts and best wishes to you also.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My heart goes out to those facing anniversaries of deaths. After my grandfather it'll be the second anniversary of my grandmother's death (she only lasted a year after he died, and lost the will to go on) so I definitely know what others are dealing with.

These people made us who we are, so there's a lot of celebration in that and it's the thought that one should take away from their day of remembrance.
    My heart goes out to those facing anniversaries of deaths. After my grandfather it'll be the second anniversary of my grandmother's death (she only lasted a year after he died, and lost the will to go on) so I definitely know what others are dealing with.

These people made us who we are, so there's a lot of celebration in that and it's the thought that one should take away from their day of remembrance.

Beautiful sentiments well thought out.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    This Sunday will be the first anniversary of losing my father. Dreading it to be honest. Also cannot believe that so much time has pat already.

Next month it'll be ten years since my dad died, and that's exactly how I feel. Thoughts and good wishes to you.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Len Wein, you shall be missed.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Next month it'll be ten years since my dad died, and that's exactly how I feel. Thoughts and good wishes to you.

Thank you Agent_99. Much appreciated and my thoughts and best wishes to you also.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

@Agent_99 and @RogueAgent
    Please accept my deepest and most profound sympathies. Losing a loved one is tough. The emptiness, the pain, the regrets... they wear one down. A dad, a mother, a grandmother, ... these people have given meaning to our lives. Losing them hurts like hell!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Thanks, @RogueAgent and @DarthDimi - I really appreciate it.
    Thanks, @RogueAgent and @DarthDimi - I really appreciate it.

Your welcome anytime my friend.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

@Agent_99 and @RogueAgent
    Please accept my deepest and most profound sympathies. Losing a loved one is tough. The emptiness, the pain, the regrets... they wear one down. A dad, a mother, a grandmother, ... these people have given meaning to our lives. Losing them hurts like hell!

Cheers DD, Much appreciated.
  • Len Wein is gone? Now it's getting too close to home. Brilliant writer and a heck of a nice guy. The San Diego Fan vs. Pro trivia challenge will never be the same.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Frank Vincent, who starred in 'The Sopranos' and 'Goodfellas,' has passed away:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/obituaries-people-news/frank-vincent-dead-dies-sopranos-goodfellas-1202557356/
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Damn. He's most notable for me as the voice of Salvatore Leone in Grand Theft Auto III, San Andreas and Liberty City Stories.

Sayonara, Salvatore. Sayonara.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,411

People who pass look in your heart you will always see them, they will constantly give you advice when you need it :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn. He's most notable for me as the voice of Salvatore Leone in Grand Theft Auto III, San Andreas and Liberty City Stories.

Sayonara, Salvatore. Sayonara.

Wow, he did voice him, didn't he? Good old Salvatore Leone.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 4,813
    RIP
    'Now go get your effin shine box!'

People who pass look in your heart you will always see them, they will constantly give you advice when you need it :)

Cheers Fire and Ice Returns. Those kind words mean a lot.
  • Harry Dean Stanton, just now :(
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,411
    Harry Dean Stanton, just now :(

Oh man recently watched him in Twin Peaks The Return one of his last scenes was a great one R.I.P.