Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• Fred Koenekamp, Oscar-winning director of photography, dies at 94 http://bit.ly/2smm3av
    Please not Batman too....
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Sad news. RIP Mr. West.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to hear of the death of Adam West. He was also considered for the role of James Bond at one point.

I just bought the Batman TV series boxset at Christmas, so I really must start watching it in his memory.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Sad to hear of Adam West's passing. He seemed like a very likable person, and his voice was recognizable.
    Damn. Words fail me other than 2017 is a crap year. In fact so far this century is a major letdown.
    RIP Adam West.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    My first Bond and my first Batman within a month of one another. This is depressing.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 11,189
    Joan Collins posted earlier:

"One last drink. Goodbye, dear @sirrogermoore - a beautiful and loving service for one of the great Saints, Knights and Gents of our time"

DB-PhaHXUAA8IPO.jpg:large
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    What an awesome picture of Miss Collins.

May we be as long-lived as the folks recognized here recently. Most really did live wonderful lives.
    oriental_lily_white_1_380X380.jpg?v=1478767907
    /\ Nice one Joan!

RIP Adam West. You were my first introduction to Super heroes! Thank you for the wonderfully fun memories.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Another childhood hero gone. R.I.P Adam West. Loved watching Batman as a kid (and adult!) Also loved his voice work on the Simpsons and Family Guy.

Also did great cameos in King Of Queens and The Big Bang Theory.

Pleased I met him once.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    RIP to the only true Batman .
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RIP, Mr Wayne.
    la-et-st-adam-west-20141111
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Oh wow...Joan Collins...she looks incredible still and always will. She's such an icon and she may actually be the actress I have spend most time with in my life when Sir Rog was the actor I spend most time with.
    I own Dynasty on DVD all of it. I spend really all of my youth watching Dynasty over and over and over again.
    Words fail me concerning Adam West.

His Batman came after Michael Keaton for me as I was only 15 in 1989.
    But Adam IS Batman and I enjoyed Return Of The Caped Crusaders SO MUCH!!! And hoped for more of that.

RIP Adam West. Another of my icons gone. Will 2017 indeed be even worse than 2016???? It sure looks that way :(
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Adam West, another legend passes.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I have fond memories of watching the Batman tv show as a kid. RIP Mr. West.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    My very first Hero... *snif*
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 533
    Glenne Headly, who starred in classics such as "Dick Tracy," and "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels," has died.
    Only 62!

Damnit.

I just heard about Glenne Headly yesterday. That really took me by surprise. The first production I had ever seen her in was the 1989 miniseries, "Lonesome Dove". R.I.P. Ms. Headly.

I also just heard about Adam West. As a person who saw "Batman" as a kid, R.I.P., Mr. West.

It's strange that two actors who have portrayed major pop culture figures have passed away within a space of a month.
    RIP Adam West.
  • Rest in Peace Adam West :(
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Adam West...
  • RIP Adam West. I will remember him as much for Batman as for the Gray Ghost, his humor and his gravitas.

Roger Moore and Adam West in the same year, two heroes who knew just when to wink and when to scowl.
    RIP Adam West
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Adam West
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Adam_West_Batman_1966.jpg

RIP Batman.
    I have fond memories as a kid, as millions of others would, of watching the Batman TV series with Adam West. With his unmistakeable delivery and tongue firmly in cheek. It was good inoffensive fun. I love how he always went with the joke. Mayor Adam West in Family Guy being another notable character. Thanks for the fun Adam West, RIP.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Adam was on my mind a lot lately, and I was worried that just this event would happen. So many icons have passed recently, and at times certain names come to mind that you couldn't help but think of losing. I'm saddened to see that the universe has thrown another curve ball our way.

I owe Adam's contributions to the world of entertainment a great debt. When I was a wee lad my mom would tape random re-runs of the old 60s show on VHS so that I could watch them before or after school, and at that time the campy but fun and vibrant world of the TV show really opened up a whole new world to me. It's hard to tell if I saw the 60s Batman or the 90s animated series first, but both takes were instrumental in me becoming obsessed with the character back in the day. It all seems silly now, but as a kid I thought the over the top show was the coolest thing going, and images like the King Tut episode are burned into my consciousness forever as Batman and Robin solved a sphinx riddle in a park and fought a bunch of mummified goons on a lavish set.

Adam was a class act, and was the Roger Moore equivalent of the Batman world, giving so much of his love and time to visiting Bat fans at cons all over. He never looked on his days as Batman with regret or shame, and embraced all that came with the title of being the second live action Batman outside the serials, truly changing everything. Around the time of the Batman TV show comics were dying out and it seemed inevitable that the major companies were going to run out of sustainable profit and close their doors for good. Then in comes Adam West and his supporting cast in a TV show that was a major achievement of its day, depicting action and intrigue hopped right from the comics page even down to the BOOMs and POWs. The show revitalized the comics market and sparked interest in Batman again, creating a ripple effect that we still reap the spoils of today. If not for the success of that show and the icon West became through it, we'd have no Keaton, and after that nothing we know of modern Batman would exist either. My gratitude is unending.

To one of the Hollywood good boys that redeemed the profession and became an unforgettable icon, I give my love and thanks to Mr. Adam West, my first Batman. Rest well, old chum.
    l5dscncy3gfhfutwvnrx.gif
    ...that makes me cry bittersweet tears...@Master_Dahark

but it's bittersweet and beautiful, thank you.