Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• edited June 2017 Posts: 11,189
    18893217_10154844835774164_1755540670766856935_n.jpg?oh=6bf4f60c86b764bf79820660a132cb8c&oe=59B06C8E
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 3,144
    Night night Gromit I'm going for a Walkies with Compo RIP Peter Sallis thank you.
    One last walk through the hills.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2017 Posts: 17,816
    Sad to hear of Peter Sallis' death. Can't believe that he was 96! The Last of the Summer Wine indeed.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 5,821
    Another TV actor died recently. Roy Barraclough, who was famous for playing Alec Gilroy in Coronation Street passed away aged 81.

radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-01/former-coronation-street-star-roy-barraclough-dies-aged-81

EDIT : And Newcastle Football player Cheik Tioté, deceased after a heart attack during training. I know I'm repeating myself but 30 years old is not an age to die.

mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cheick-tiote-dead-newcastle-beijing-10565305
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Gerard wrote: »
    EDIT : And Newcastle Football player Cheik Tioté, deceased after a heart attack during training. I know I'm repeating myself but 30 years old is not an age to die.

mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cheick-tiote-dead-newcastle-beijing-10565305

30 years is way too soon. :(

Also played at my team Anderlecht in the early days of his career. Great player.

RIP :(
    Wow Tiote passing is very tragic R.I.P.

Peter Sallis great character with an unforgettable voice, he had a great innings R.I.P.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sad news with the passing of Peter Sallis. Though 96 is a very good innings. Likable actor who I'm sure would be proud to be remembered for Wallace & Gromit, and also every episode of Last Of The Summer Wine.
    nintchdbpict000003875756.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

RIP Wallace
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    When I heard the news, I didn't think of him from Wallace & Gromit, nor Last Of The Summer Wine, I thought of his twitchy character in Taste The Blood Of Dracula.

RIP
    When I heard the news, I didn't think of him from Wallace & Gromit, nor Last Of The Summer Wine, I thought of his twitchy character in Taste The Blood Of Dracula.

RIP

He was in that? That's one of the bad movies I love!
    Ludovico wrote: »

RIP

He was in that? That's one of the bad movies I love!

Yes, that was another one I was going to mention.
    Plus he was the rebel scientist in "The Ice Warriors" in Doctor Who. Quite a career indeed.
    RIP Peter Sallis.

Loved him in Last of the Summer wine which I watched with my late father many years ago, and obviously as the voice of Wallace in Wallace and Gromit which are going to be timeless!

Thank you for the wonderful memories.
    Another fond memories for british people who were alive in the 1990s has passed away :

radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-07/bodger-and-badger-creator-and-star-andy-cunningham-dies-aged-67

And motocross rider Steven Lenoir died aged 25 after an accident during a competition :

dirtbikerider.com/news/motocross-news-s1/Motocross-rider-dies-and-another-seriously-injured-in-two-terrible-race-incidents-i15995
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Molly Peters, Clifton James, Chris Cornell, Sir Rog.

Maybe I'm wrong and other years have been bad too, but 2017 really already feels like the worst year for the Bond franchise ever.

Very sorry if I even missed someone. Of course I do hope those four all are that had to go this year :(
    Molly Peters, Clifton James, Chris Cornell, Sir Rog.

Maybe I'm wrong and other years have been bad too, but 2017 really already feels like the worst year for the Bond franchise ever.

Very sorry if I even missed someone. Of course I do hope those four all are that had to go this year :(

One of the Bond stuntmen died as well.
    Its very depressing,and worst of all,its only June !
    I felt Roger's passing more than any of the celebrities who died in 2016. No disrespect to those talented people but Roger's felt much closer having grown up watching his films. He was...almost...like an old friend.
    @BAIN123 I thought nothing could affect me more than Prince did. I was so wrong.
    In fairness I knew I'd be sad when the day of Roger's passing finally came.
    Rik Mayall hit me hard last year ,but Sir Roger...I seriously felt like I had been hit by a cannon ball in my stomach...
    I admit I didn't sleep well that night. I don't think it was a coincidence.

Before Roger I think the saddest I felt was with Leslie Nielsen in 2010. Though that was because I met him in 2000 and got a personalized autograph.

Usually with celebrities I'm like "aww man" for a few hours then fine.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Before Roger I think the saddest I felt was with Leslie Nielsen in 2010. Though that was because I met him in 2000 and got a personalized autograph.

I was very sad about Nielsen too. I had a ticket to see him talk at the BFI in 2009/10?, but he had to cancel after a fall. I thought 'I bet he dies before I get another chance', and so it was.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 4,622
    Molly Peters was a memorable Bond girl.
    I always figured Bond would have looked up Patricia Fearing when he got back to England, with some down time.
    I don't believe that any of the lead Bond Girls have passed, and also very few of the featured, secondary ones

Notably Peters and Angela Scoular have passed. I am not sure who else.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 17,816
    Another one is Zena Marshall who died in late 2009. Cassandra Harris also died in 1992.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Another one is Zena Marshall who died in late 2009. Cassandra Harris also died in 1992.

Right, so that's four strong secondary girls.
    There may be more but I'm having trouble thinking of any more at the moment.
    Well bye and large the Bond Girls were younger than the many Bond villain actors, so most of them are still alive
    timmer wrote: »
    Well bye and large the Bond Girls were younger than the many Bond villain actors, so most of them are still alive

Thankfully, yes
    RIP Ed Victor. He once was Anthony Burgess literary agent.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 4,813
    Glenne Headly, who starred in classics such as "Dick Tracy," and "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels," has died.
    Only 62!

Damnit.
    oh no I knew I shouldn't have come to this thread....Glenne Headly :( RIP lovely lady.

My favourite role of hers is in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. One of the greatest comedies ever.