Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• edited June 2017 Posts: 4,622
    Adam West's Batman is IMO both the greatest and most iconic TV show ever made. I couldn't get enough of it as a kid.
    Oddly enough I just burned through the entire 3 season, complete series on blu-ray.
    What a romp! And best part is that I am pretty sure that I saw some episodes for the first time, as my childhood viewings were random, though I religiously watched the show in after-school syndication. It was must watch at 3:30 pm

Adam West and Roger Moore were friends from their early Hollywood days. West references Rog in his writings.
    Joan Collins, of course played the Siren in season 3, so she knew Adam as well as Rog.
    The Avengers Series 5 , 67-68, homages Batman in a episode, that has Steed and Peel battling a Birdman. The final fight scene has cartoon, POW and THWACK, balloons, like the Batman show.

Great show, and such an iconic slice of '60s era Americana too.
    I'll be revisiting that blu-ray set quite a bit.

Edit:Batman gives a little nod to Cubby and the massive success of Bond too, in one of the episodes

It's the Van Johnson as Minstrel episode.

• RC7RC7
    timmer wrote: »
    Adam West's Batman is IMO both the greatest and most iconic TV show ever made. I couldn't get enough of it as a kid.
    Oddly enough I just burned through the entire 3 season, complete series on blu-ray.
    What a romp! And best part is that I am pretty sure that I saw some episodes for the first time, as my childhood viewings were random, though I religiously watched the show in after-school syndication. It was must watch at 3:30 pm

Adam West and Roger Moore were friends from their early Hollywood days. West references Rog in his writings.
    Joan Collins, of course played the Siren in season 3, so she knew Adam as well as Rog.
    The Avengers Series 5 , 67-68, homages Batman in a episode, that has Steed and Peel battling a Birdman. The final fight scene has cartoon, POW and THWACK, balloons, like the Batman show.

Great show, and such an iconic slice of '60s era Americana too.
    I'll be revisiting that blu-ray set quite a bit.

Edit:Batman gives a little nod to Cubby and the massive success of Bond too, in one of the episodes

It's the Van Johnson as Minstrel episode.

A classic series. I'm on my second run of the box set and watched the movie earlier this week (I absolutely love it). First saw it as a kid in the early 90s when Channel 4 (UK) picked it up and was completely hooked.
    The opening theme is possibly the best theme ever in the history of tv.
  • Indeed, RIP Adam West.
    Terrible news...I used to love that show.
    RIP Adam and thanks for the happy memories.
    It's decided : tomorrow, I'll put the Batman movie in my Blu6ray player. And the day after, it will be Return to the Batcave. Adam West deserves no less.
    Sam Panopoulos the inventor of the Hawaiian pizza, died recently. I am NOT a fan of his work but since my wife likes this nameless gastronomic horror...
    Gerard wrote: »
    It's decided : tomorrow, I'll put the Batman movie in my Blu6ray player. And the day after, it will be Return to the Batcave. Adam West deserves no less.

Good call! I will do likewise, plus finish reading his Back To The Batcave book

The genius of West is he played Batman so serious for us kids, it provided laughs for the adults, along with all the clever humour purposely directed at adults.
    As a kid we just lapped it up. Yep, Batman, crime does not pay. When will these criminals learn their lesson?
    Remember Robin, innocent until proven guilty.
    Gosh, Batman you're right!

Parents, if you want morally upright children, have them watch Batman, at about, I'd say Age 7.
    They will thank you forever.
    The show is timeless.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    timmer wrote: »
    Gerard wrote: »

Good call! I will do likewise, plus finish reading his Back To The Batcave book

The genius of West is he played Batman so serious for us kids, it provided laughs for the adults, along with all the clever humour purposely directed at adults.
    As a kid we just lapped it up. Yep, Batman, crime does not pay. When will these criminals learn their lesson?
    Remember Robin, innocent until proven guilty.
    Gosh, Batman you're right!

Parents, if you want morally upright children, have them watch Batman, at about, I'd say Age 7.
    They will thank you forever.
    The show is timeless.

It seems silly, but it's quite true that the 60s Batman show had a lot of strong lessons about responsibility, lawfulness and humility.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    What a year...
    The Persuaders 24 episodes
    The Saint 110 episodes
    Batman 120 episodes

Already started and I will watch all of it.

Roger Moore, Adam West. I love you both. RIP
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 19,339
    I've done The Persuaders 24 episodes recently ...
    I coincidentally finished my full Batman series viewing, including the movie, which slips in between, seasons 1&2, about 2 weeks ago.
    The boxset has some great extras which feature much reflection from West
    I'd like to do that Saint Persuaders Rogathon too

• edited June 2017 Posts: 19,339
    RIP to those poor people who burned to death or jumped to their deaths in the inferno at Grenfell Tower apartments,West London during the night and this morning ,awful awful :

_96481843_grenfellafp.jpg
    This was awful. RIP.
    Terrible news. Just horrible. My thoughts go out to all of them and their families and friends.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP a truly horrible event.
    The fire has re-ignited in the centre of the building.
    The firefighters are finding it hard to get the hoses firing in there.

The building is now in danger of collapsing.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It's a disaster. I am so sorry for those people. Imagine you have to choose between jumping out the window or suffocate or burn to death.

Not to mention that around 200 people are now homeless and have lost their whole belongings.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That's horrible, RIP.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    What a terrible tragedy. Thoughts and prayers with all involved, and the emergency services.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sickening to think of.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Death toll revised to 12 and likely to increase further. Truly awful.
  • RC7RC7
    This is a stone's throw from where I've been working the last 6 months. Grim. Truly grim. Hopefully the necessary heads will roll. There have been some serious failures and I hope the appropriate action is taken.
    RC7 wrote: »
    This is a stone's throw from where I've been working the last 6 months. Grim. Truly grim. Hopefully the necessary heads will roll. There have been some serious failures and I hope the appropriate action is taken.

Damn right !
    RIP to all the innocent victims of this awful tower fire. Words simply cannot express what the poor families are going through.
    Reminded of the last words spoken between Steve McQueen and Paul Newman in The Towering Inferno. Truer words have never been spoken. And frankly, someone must pay for that tragedy.

In other news, comic book writer and artist James Vance died on june 5th from cancer at 64 :

https://newsarama.com/34944-james-vance-passes-away-at-64.html

And more recently, there's of course the passing of former german chancellor Helmut Kohl :

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/16/former-german-chancellorhelmut-kohl-dead-87/
    Rocky and The Karate Kid director John G. Avildsen passed away yesterday, aged 81 :

walb.com/story/35685718/john-g-avildsen-oscar-winning-rocky-director-dies-at-81
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    In The Power of One he worked with a young Daniel Craig who played Sergeant Jaapie Botha.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited June 2017 Posts: 7,980
    Stephen Furst "Flounder" from Animal House has died

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/17/stephen-furst-flounder-animal-house-dead/
    talos7 wrote: »
    Stephen Furst "Flounder" from Animal House has died

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/17/stephen-furst-flounder-animal-house-dead/

I remember him as Vir Cotto in Babylon 5. So sad.