Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

patb wrote: »
    The demise of the Film series is a metaphor for the wider dumbing down of society. He was a class act. I have many of his books. His description of his first meeting with John Wayne is very good.

Read his autobiography years ago, and his meetings with John Wayne and Robert De niro are the two things I instantly remember from that.

RIP Barry Norman

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @patb very few people remember that Michael Bond also gave us this Gem from our childhoods

Thanks, I had forgotten that, wonderful
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Michael Nyqvist a great actor, who has left us too soon.
    Michael Bond creator of Paddington Bear. What a wonderful legacy he leaves us.
    Barry Norman, I recall as a kid watching Film...and it being partially my introduction to films in general. Always likable, hugely knowledgeable, a good critic (if there is one). And why not.
    RIP to all.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 11,189
    The opening and closing minutes of Barry's final Film episode.

Remember watching this when it aired.

(forgive the audio being out)

So sad re Barry Normans death. I have fond memories of watching a movie on BBC 1 on Monday nights ( usually starring Clint Eastwood!!) followed by Normans entertaining Film programme!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    British Co-op Funeralcare tailor makes your funeral after your own wishes. Here is the agency s leader Brett Houghton leading one such.
    file-photo-dated-150715-of-brett-houghton-of-co-op-funeralcare-dressed-J3YAYK.jpg
    stream_img.jpg
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Carol Lee Scott, famous for playing the villainous Grotbags in the Rod Hull and Emu television show, Emu's World during the 80's, before getting her own show, has passed away. RIP.

http://news.sky.com/story/grotbags-actress-carol-lee-scott-dies-aged-74-10938528
    RIP Carol Lee Scott.

A very funny lady, big fond memories of her as Grotbags with Rod Hull and Emu. Laughed so much at that show. Forever missed.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Eleven years ago today Syd Barrett died.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Eleven years ago today Syd Barrett died.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,639

35 yrs ago , one of many 007 stars I wish I'd met :(
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Just learned of the passing of actor and stuntman Joe Robinson, who played Peter Franks in Diamonds Are Forever.
    RIP
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Benny wrote: »
    Just learned of the passing of actor and stuntman Joe Robinson, who played Peter Franks in Diamonds Are Forever.
    RIP

Sad news. That was a great fight scene in the lift that he was part of.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Joe Robinson.
    That's upsetting .....indeed RIP Joe.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Joe Robinson was the same age as Roger Moore, and played opposite him in an episode of The Saint.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2017 Posts: 40,466
    Damn, what a shame, RIP Mr. Robinson.

Actor Nelsan Ellis, who starred in 'True Blood,' has passed away at 39:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/true-blood-apos-nelsan-ellis-191220145.html
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    RIP Joe Robinson, his portrayal of Peter Franks is a great minor character in the Bond canon. Apparently he was a contender for the role of Red Grant earlier in his career before being recommended by Connery for the role of Franks 8 years later.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RIP Joe Robinson. Peter Franks and Sheriff Pepper within the space of 12 months. Sad.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Lucky git got to romance Diana Dors, in A Kid For Two Farthings.

RIP all the same.
  • I believe he was also Sean Connery's fight trainer. RIP Joe Robinson.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RIP to Mr. Robinson, an indelible part of the Bond family and legacy. He and Sean choreographed one of the best on screen fights in the series.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Joe Robinson.
    I absolutely loathe 2017. RIP Joe Robinson.
    This week, the world of electronic music has lost one of its pioneers : Pierre Henry, who died aged 93 :

factmag.com/2017/07/06/electronic-pioneer-pierre-henry-dead-age-89-futurama/

I didn't know about his connection with Futurama. Well, I didn't know much about him. I'm not a big fan of "Musique Concrète", to tell you the truth.

And, slightly less important, but more tragic, french singer Sheila lost her son, Ludovic, who died aged 42 yesterday.

lefigaro.fr/culture/2017/07/08/03004-20170708ARTFIG00040-sheila-annonce-le-deces-de-son-fils-ludovic.php
    Comic Book artist/writer Sam Glanzman has passed away, aged 92. He was mostly famous for the war comics he drew for Charlton and DC (most notably USS Stevens, based on his own experiences during World War II).

cbr.com/sam-glanzman-passes-away/
    RIP Joe Robinson.

A true professional, thank you for your Diamond performance Mr Franks!