Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Sadly I have to report The passing of Brian Cant Actor and Presenter of many fine children's TV programs from my youth RIP uncle Brian and thank you.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Brian Cant
    Just take a look at this. For many of us, it brings back some golden memories.

I became aware of "José Gimenez" thanks to The Right Stuff and From The Earth to the Moon. But in my childhood, I've watched and loved Get Smart, without knowing Bill Dana's contribution to this great show. RIP.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Damn, Prodigy (real name Albert Johnson)...one half of hip-hop group Mobb Deep has died at 42, from sickle cell anemia. Dude and the group are effin' legends. Gonna BLAST some Mobb Deep today for sure.

R.I.P.

doubleoego wrote: »
    Damn, Prodigy (real name Albert Johnson)...one half of hip-hop group Mobb Deep has died at 42, from sickle cell anemia. Dude and the group are effin' legends. Gonna BLAST some Mobb Deep today for sure.

R.I.P.

Way too young. RIP
    Shook Ones Part 2 is a classic rap anthem and i am also a big fan of Quiet Storm
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, this is terrible: Michael Nyqvist passes away at the age of 56:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-nyqvist-dead-girl-dragon-tattoo-actor-was-56-1017014
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Damn, this is terrible: Michael Nyqvist passes away at the age of 56:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-nyqvist-dead-girl-dragon-tattoo-actor-was-56-1017014

Terrible and too soon... RIP
  • That is sad. RIP Michael Nyqvist.
    I think the whole mission of being here on Earth is to accept what you have, and my journey was to accept my own life and not pretend anything else. I think that's what we all struggle with.
    Michael Nyqvist
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    RIP Michael Bond, creator of Paddington Bear.

2017 is hitting my childhood hard :(
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to hear of the death of Michael Bond.
    That's a shame,i used to love the Paddington Bear series when I was a kid .
    RIP and thankyou Michael.
    RIP Michael Bond. Thank you for your wonderful gift in Paddington Bear. You will be forever remembered through your creation.
    I used to love enjoy the old Paddington Bear cartoons too:

radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-28/paddington-bear-author-michael-bond-dies-aged-91

During my last trip to the United Kingdom, I bought a Paddington Bear doll for my grand-niece. Her parents told me she loves it. Maybe some day, I'll buy her the french translations of the books. And the movies, of course.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    RIP Michael Bond, creator of Paddington Bear.

2017 is hitting my childhood hard :(

Very sad news. I received the old t.v. series from my wife at Christmas 2015. Amazingly inventive and very witty. I can't wait to introduce my son to it. The Hollywood adaptation truly does not hold a candle to it.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 3,144
    Sad news as another chapeter of my childhood comes to a close RIP Mr Bond thanks for giving us the little bear.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Michael Nyquist, a very good actor.
    I was traveling yesterday and caught the train from Paddington Station where the statue of the little bear has been covered in condolence cards and jars of marmalade ,most touching of all was a card from Network Rail who manage the station, it reads We will continue to look after this bear.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 11,189
    Very sad to hear of the death of Barry Norman. A big figure regarding my love of films. Got into his show quite late in the day with Film 96 but always liked his informative easy-going style and remember being upset when he left the BBC two years later.

2017 has been a rough year :(

19554285_10156937465047837_6566576780345950191_n.jpg?oh=81cc345be30255eeb3c5fdbe97467fd4&oe=59C881E6
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Barry Norman.
    The demise of the Film series is a metaphor for the wider dumbing down of society. He was a class act. I have many of his books. His description of his first meeting with John Wayne is very good.
    patb wrote: »
    The demise of the Film series is a metaphor for the wider dumbing down of society. He was a class act. I have many of his books. His description of his first meeting with John Wayne is very good.

He summarised his view of Mr Wayne when I saw him at a talk he did.

"what an arsehole"
    When I first got cable and watched (then) BBC World Service, then BBC Prime, I enjoyed Film 9.... I was sad when they cancelled it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to hear of the death of Barry Norman.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Very sad to hear of the death of Barry Norman. A big figure regarding my love of films. Got into his show quite late in the day with Film 96 but always liked his informative easy-going style and remember being upset when he left the BBC two years later.

2017 has been a rough year :(

19554285_10156937465047837_6566576780345950191_n.jpg?oh=81cc345be30255eeb3c5fdbe97467fd4&oe=59C881E6

RIP Barry Norman AKA Mr Film to me growing up. A truly nice man with a genuine love for film.

That video brought a smile to my face, thank you for sharing.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    I was traveling yesterday and caught the train from Paddington Station where the statue of the little bear has been covered in condolence cards and jars of marmalade ,most touching of all was a card from Network Rail who manage the station, it reads We will continue to look after this bear.

Very sweet.

As with the music from Trumpton and Chigley, this track is in the DNA of my childhood, so sad.....