Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

M_Balje wrote: »
    His death remember me again to the second or thirth meaning of some of lyrics. Everthing look al right with Bond in Spectre, but...

If you come inside, things will not be the same
    When you return to the night
    If you think you've won
    You never saw me change
    The game that we have been playing

The trailer give much difrent feeling when Bond talks with M it is my opnion what there mean with that meaning of writing on the wall. It is you speak two or three! languages.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEd0z20UqDbM8Vt2dZK4JXGRwDBA7fD4lqY_FyXE2YGyjfA8ql

Rip.. Chris Cornell, Robin Williams, Tony Scott, Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Antonie Kamerling.. and more..

Agree regarding some of the lyrics of You know my name

Try to hide your hand
    Forget how to feel
    (forget how to feel)
    Life is gone, with just a spin of the wheel
    (Spin of the wheel)

I felt a chill when I heard that bridge in the song yesterday after the sad news.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 4,325
    M_Balje wrote: »
    His death remember me again to the second or thirth meaning of some of lyrics. Everthing look al right with Bond in Spectre, but...

If you come inside, things will not be the same
    When you return to the night
    If you think you've won
    You never saw me change
    The game that we have been playing

The trailer give much difrent feeling when Bond talks with M it is my opnion what there mean with that meaning of writing on the wall. It is you speak two or three! languages.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEd0z20UqDbM8Vt2dZK4JXGRwDBA7fD4lqY_FyXE2YGyjfA8ql

Rip.. Chris Cornell, Robin Williams, Tony Scott, Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Antonie Kamerling.. and more..

Agree regarding some of the lyrics of You know my name

Try to hide your hand
    Forget how to feel
    (forget how to feel)
    Life is gone, with just a spin of the wheel
    (Spin of the wheel)

I felt a chill when I heard that bridge in the song yesterday after the sad news.

Similar experience listening to Superunknown track 'Like Suicide':

'With a broken neck lays my broken gift
    Just like suicide'

http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/chris-cornell-lyrics.html
    Often creative people suffer from depression which has been well documented, having suffered depression myself in the past the feeling of despair truly is awful. The more there is greater awareness and education on depression and similar conditions the better.
    I was just listening to Big Country whilst reading this thread and the connection just hit me. So much sadness and so much kept inside.
    patb wrote: »
    I was just listening to Big Country whilst reading this thread and the connection just hit me. So much sadness and so much kept inside.

Often from a writer or lyricist the sadness is in plane site, true creativity comes from the core of a person and song, poem or novel reflects that core.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    patb wrote: »

Another tragic loss.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Just listening to Chris Cornell version off Metallica The One...

Just learned that comic book artist Rich Buckler passed away, aged 68. Effing cancer again :

cbr.com/rich-buckler-deathlok-all-star-squadron-has-died/

I've read quite a few of his stories in the 70s and 80s. His passing saddens me.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,691
    Nicky Hayden, 2006 MotoGP World Champion, was involved in a serious accident a week ago, when he was hit by a car while cycling in Italy. He was in a coma since then, and has passed away today due to the gravity of his injuries. He was 35 years old.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Terrible stuff, @DaltonCraig007, that's way too young to go.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Oh, no, that's horrible. My partner is very into MotoGP and I know he'll be upset at this news.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    RIP Nicky Hayden. What true gentleman. Well liked throughout the MotoGP and WSBK paddocks. This has upset me greatly.

Godspeed The Kentucky Kid.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited May 2017 Posts: 2,630
    RIP Sir Roger Moore. My heart hurts reading this.

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Just saw this on Twitter. Devastating. I'm at work hoping nobody notices that I'm having a bit of a cry.
    Whats this about Sir Roger ?
    I cant get Twitter in the office here.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited May 2017 Posts: 2,630
    Fuck me has Sir Roger died ?????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2017 Posts: 8,125
    So sad. RIP Sir Roger, a true legend that means so much to all of us. He will be dearly missed.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    I cannot believe I am writing these words. Rest in Peace Sir Roger. Thank you for been an important part of my childhood and keeping me entertained for the last 40 years.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    A separate thread for Sir Roger has been opened, as it would be for any major Bond star
  • GBFGBF
    Oh no... Sir
  • GBFGBF
    R.I.P. Sir Roger,

you will forever be my favourite Bond... !!
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    RIP Sir Rog, I am totally gutted.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Shocked at the news RIP Sir Roger
    He was my first Bond, and I felt that special affection for him. Another cancer victim then, but at least he had a long life. RIP
  • RC7RC7
    I always thought he was immortal. He was my Bond. Love you, Sir Rog.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Holy shit... I learn this just as I finish a rewatch of AVTAK...
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Rest in peace Sir Roger.
    I have to comment on the previous insensitive and disrespectful comments regarding Chris Cornell and Michael Hutchence. People dying far too young is bad enough, seriously. I realize suicide is always difficult to accept, which I presume is why other stories seem "better".
    In Cornell's case the family is (understandably under the circumstances) disputing the (intentional) suicide, and suspect Ativan may have have had an effect. Perhaps further information will come out to light later. Considering the fact that the the prescription drug can have some serious and scary side effects (suicidality, worsening depression, etc.), more so with extra-doses, and Cornell told his wife on the phone some 40 minutes or so before he was found that he may have taken some extra Ativan, and he didn't sound normal then, well... Wife called his security guy to go check on him, but the doors were bolted so he had to kick them in and that took extra time (hotel's security told him when he called them that they can't give him access since he wasn't registered to that suite... geez, it's not like it was some random dude trying to get in; they should look into their security protocols). Since Cornell had been clean and and all since a long time, and seemed very active and his life in good order in general, it seems only natural to assume that his suicide might have been accidentally caused by the known possible side effects of too much prescription drug altering his mental state.
    Now as for Hutchence, a very different situation. He was in a messy situation in his personal life, no happy family life there. Possible accidental death was considered by the coroner (no suicide note - no planning of death proved), but he said the evidence otherwise was too strong, and it was deemed suicide while suffering from depression and under the influence of drugs and alcohol. If people wish not to believe the professional who investigated and reported on it, that's obviously their choice, but there is no actual evidence or realistic reason to assume the coroner's report wasn't factual.