Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    http://www.volkskrant.nl/muziek/soundgarden-zanger-chris-cornell-52-overleden-oorzaak-nog-onduidelijk~a4495611/

Chris Cornell performing You Know My Name in The Netherlands at Pink Pop 2009.

• RIP Chris
    Ive lost count of the number of times I've drifterd to Youtube and watched the CR opening titles. It really does represent IMHO some of the very best work within the whole series. Such energy, drive and excitement. Such a talent ...RIP
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I can't believe it. Soundgarden was one of the best bands of the 90's and I enjoyed his Audioslave output as well. And of course YKMN was an absolutely perfect song for CR. RIP Chris Cornell.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    RIP Chris Cornell
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No words. RIP Chris.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    RIP Chris Cornell. So sad.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    A few words from Michael and Barbara:

http://www.007.com/chris-cornell-1964-2017/
    Chris Cornell is only the 3rd person to have made a Bond theme song to pass away after Matt Munro and John Barry.

RIP Chris Cornell. :(

Fourth : Louis Armstrong too, a long time ago. But still, what happened ? There may be deaths we're expecting, but I didn't expect that one.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Gutted to hear about Cornell.

A musical genius, whether it be with Soundgarden, Audioslave or in delivering the benchmark YKMN, which remains one of the best Bond songs.

I'll never forget how excited I was to hear he was doing the CR theme song. He was one of the key elements early on which made me realize EON was finally back on track. Brave and very smart move on their part.

Thanks for the memories, which will live on forever with me. R.I.P.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Chris Cornell is only the 3rd person to have made a Bond theme song to pass away after Matt Munro and John Barry.

RIP Chris Cornell. :(

Fourth : Louis Armstrong too, a long time ago. But still, what happened ? There may be deaths we're expecting, but I didn't expect that one.

My brother just text me Chris had died, tragic loss way too young. R.I.P.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, unexpected and sad.
    You know my name is great I was hoping they would try and get Chris back again for another theme. Very sad news
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    One of my favorite musicians. Solo, Soundgarden, Audioslave, I loved just about everything he did, including Bond. What a goddamn waste this is.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Shocking. So sudden. May he rest in peace.

One of the best Bond songs ever.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    RIP, Chris. sad and shocking news.
    RIP, Chris Cornell. Your music helped me get through difficult times.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Even more horrifyingly, it is being investigated as 'possible suicide' -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39960066
    Just found out. Crying at the news. So young. So sudden. RIP Mr Cornell.
  • RC7RC7
    His work is as important to the franchise as GF and NDIB. Definitive. RIP.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Damn, just heard about CC. What a shame. The guy was incredibly talented.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I never heard a Bond song played more or longer on Norwegian radio than YKMN.
    Very sad indeed.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Even more horrifyingly, it is being investigated as 'possible suicide' -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39960066

That's a concern....I mean,he had a family,didnt drink,was in great health and seemed happy.

Anyway lets not comment on this until it's confirmed,its not fair on Chris' memory at the moment.

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    RIP
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RIP
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I knew his name and he lived to rise, rest in peace in the sound garden in the sky, Chris Cornell.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Heard about this on a random bit of news this morning, and all I could think about was Chris' Bond contribution. I never got into any of his other music, but my love for "You Know My Name" was immediate, and it truly stands on its own as the only modern rock'n'roll Bond song after "Live and Let Die." It's quite special.

The summer I fell in love with CR, I watched the film on endless marathons until I knew it upside down. Chris' song was always an important part of every viewing and one I always looked forward to as I head-banged to what quickly became my all-time favorite Bond song that was able to be a strong song on its own and the perfect introduction to Dan's Bond in the same breath. I was hoping that EON could get him back for a final Craig film, if only to have him reprise his song during the closing credits to really seal things off. That there's no chance now is depressing.

My thoughts are with Chris' family and friends, and anyone who appreciates great music well sung.
    RIP Chris Cornell. Honestly You Know My Name has been one of my personal favorite Bond songs ever since I first heard it - at least Top 10. I haven't listened to a lot of his other music but this is really sad news for me all the same. I hope his family and friends get through this hard time.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Soundgarden... Later with Jools Holland Includes interview 2012.

Great acoustic version of You know my name