Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Tuulia, well said. It costs nothing to be a decent person. The bouts of insensitivity on these forums baffles and shocks me at times.
    Thanks, @Creasy47. I haven't even checked if there have been comments on the Manchester attack here, but some stuff I saw last night elsewhere was just shocking. Even when children are murdered (apparently the youngest was 8) some people's immediate response is to... make jokes.
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Thanks, @Creasy47. I haven't even checked if there have been comments on the Manchester attack here, but some stuff I saw last night elsewhere was just shocking. Even when children are murdered (apparently the youngest was 8) some people's immediate response is to... make jokes.

Sadly perhaps but sometimes humor is a way to cope when you have no other means immediately.

And there are of course some serious dicks and dickettes on the net.
    I'm all for humor, but when a terrorist event strikes at the heart of something directed at children and younger teenagers, it's tough to crack jokes about it. It's a bit equivalent to all the tit-related jokes I was seeing when the topic was posted about Lana Wood being homeless.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm all for humor, but when a terrorist event strikes at the heart of something directed at children and younger teenagers, it's tough to crack jokes about it. It's a bit equivalent to all the tit-related jokes I was seeing when the topic was posted about Lana Wood being homeless.

Like I said dicks & dickettes.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I feel like repeatedly punching a wall... Seriously... WHY?!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

I know. It's a bitter blow, especially after all the sad news from Manchester.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Tell me about it, brother. Tell me about it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Tell me about it, brother. Tell me about it.

At least he lived a good, long and productive life. He and his work in many different fields will not be forgotten...
    Earlier this month I actually made a post about how amazed I was that he'd be turning 90 this year....

Celebrity deaths don't usually get me down too much, but this one feels like family. It still doesn't feel real.
    Such awful news. My condolences to the friends and families of all those affected in the terror attack as well as Roger Moore. We lost our first EON James Bond. I am devastated.
    While this is a sad day for all Bond fans, I suspect the veteran UNICEF ambassador would be one of the first to view his own death as insignificant in light of what's happened in his home country to innocent children and young people.

We shouldn't mourn his death. Leave that to the family. Just stick on his films this evening and smile.

RIP.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    A long life and fine legacy for Sir Roger Moore.

And we'll always have him. R.I.P.
    8323b88e695d8e45810a89a90de55a2e.jpg
    Posted my thoughts in the other thread. RIP Sir Roger! AKA Mr James Bond "A true Gentleman spy".

The whole Bond fan family and beyond will miss you dearly!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Tuulia wrote: »

A CBS journalist made jokes about that on Twitter. What an asshole.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    edited May 2017 Posts: 13,384
    There are some sick F*cks about !
    R.I.P. Lawrence Montaigne played Stonn in Star Trek also had a role in The Great Escape

f92398033f64e5183b437e749fa2325d4bcbf135.jpg

He also played one of Jokers bank teller robots.....I believe he was at the same con as Michael Lonsdale.
    Another legend gone: Gregg Allman has passed away at the age of 69:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7759662/gregg-allman-dead
    Tracy wrote: »
    R.I.P. Lawrence Montaigne played Stonn in Star Trek also had a role in The Great Escape

f92398033f64e5183b437e749fa2325d4bcbf135.jpg

He also played one of Jokers bank teller robots.....I believe he was at the same con as Michael Lonsdale.

Was that in Batman 66?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Another legend gone: Gregg Allman has passed away at the age of 69:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7759662/gregg-allman-dead

Absolutely legendary. To quote my favorite of their tunes...

And when it's time for leavin',
    I hope you'll understand,
    That I was born a ramblin' man.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Gregg Allman gone RIP.
    Man what a life.

Just hear of the death of french actor Jean-Marc Thibault, aged 93 :

jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-368715-urgent-l-acteur-et-humoriste-jean-marc-thibault-est-mort-a-l-age-de-93-ans.html

With his partner (on the stage) Roger Pierre, he was a big part of my childhood, whether in his TV shows or his movies, which frequently aired on TV. He will be missed.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP John Noakes, another of my childhood hero passes.
    One of the things I enjoy when watching classic Doctor Who on DVD are the extras, and among them the extracts from Blue Peter. So, I'm a bit familiar with John Noakes, and I share your grief. For those who don't know him :

telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/05/29/john-noakes-former-blue-peter-presenter-true-tv-original-appreciation/
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RIP John Noakes, another of my childhood hero passes.

He was a little before my time on BP, though I never watched it that much.

"Get down, Shep!"

RIP John Noakes
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    He presented me with my Blue Peter Badge RIP Noakesy find Shep and go and throw sticks.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    RIP Mr Noakes
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Another legend gone: Gregg Allman has passed away at the age of 69
    Not gonna let 'em catch The Midnight Rider.
    RIP John Noakes!

Childhood presenter of my time sadly gone. We really are losing too many good warm hearted people.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RIP John Noakes, another part of my childhood who has sadly left us.