Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Gerard wrote: »
    Those of you who have ever played with a GI Joe can shed a tear now. The creator of the line (and Thundercats), Stanley Weston, died this week, aged 84.

Oh, man. I was obsessed with Thundercats for years.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    RIP Robert Miles was listening to Children in the car this afternoon sad loss at a young age .
  • Michael Parks has passed at 77.

thecinemacafe.com/the-cinema-treasure-hunter/2017/5/10/end-credits-67-cinemas-2017-lost-treasures

Tremendous actor. Popularized more recently by his appearances in various Tarantino and Rodriguez films. Should have been better known than he was. RIP Michael Parks.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Michael Parks.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Just learned stunt co-ordinator Jay Milligan has passed away aged 86

The spiral car stunt from TMWTGG is a Bond classic
    RIP
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Like Gary Oldman, Michael Parks was a true chameleon. You could often not recognize him from film to film. Maybe part of the reason why he was so little known? One of the best actors of his generation.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Like Gary Oldman, Michael Parks was a true chameleon. You could often not recognize him from film to film. Maybe part of the reason why he was so little known? One of the best actors of his generation.

Great character actor. Luckily Tarantino saw his worth and Parks delivered some great scenes for him.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    RIP Geoffrey Bayldon, forever Catweazle to my generation but one of those actors who pops up in absolutely everything, including CR67: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Bayldon
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    RIP Geoffrey Bayldon, forever Catweazle to my generation but one of those actors who pops up in absolutely everything, including CR67: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Bayldon

I used to love Catweazle ,I find him a little scary as well.

RIP Geoffrey and thanks for some happy late Sunday afternoons.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2017 Posts: 17,806
    Sad to hear of the death of Geoffrey Bayldon, Q in CR '67.

I also liked him in Tales of the Unexpected episode 'Fat Chance' as Dr Applegate.

Looking at him, he'd also have been a perfect Doctor Who and it's interesting to read that he turned that very role down twice!
    Just learned about the demise of Powers Boothe, at 68 :

edition.cnn.com/2017/05/14/entertainment/powers-boothe-dies/

I loved him in Agents of Shield.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Just learned about the demise of Powers Boothe, at 68 :

edition.cnn.com/2017/05/14/entertainment/powers-boothe-dies/

I loved him in Agents of Shield.

I thought he was a very underused actor. Limited to smaller character roles.
    A sad loss.
    RIP

• edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Powers Boothe great actor been in just about everything from 24 to Avengers Assemble, not forgetting the great western Tombstone
    cowboys.png R.I.P.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited May 2017 Posts: 7,854
    Metal Gear fans here like me will mourn the passing of John Cygan, voice of Solidus Snake in Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty. He also played Iron Man in X-Men Legends II and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. He passed on the 13th of this month, and I just found out 10 minutes ago.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Chris Cornell...
    I just read that! Just hours after a performance too! I wonder wtf could have happened! RIP
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Yes, Chris Cornell. A big contribution to the re-boot of Bond. Sad indeed
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 19,339
    I cant believe Chris Cornell has died ?????? anyone know what happened ??
    He had just finished a performance in Detroit.

He was only 52 ffs...
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I've just seen this on the Royal Albert Hall website RIP Chris Cornell way way too young .
  • Saddened by the death of Cornell. Outside of Bond, he was on helluva musician, and prominent figure in the 90's rock scene.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Chris Cornell is only the 3rd person to have made a Bond theme song to pass away after Matt Munro and John Barry.

RIP Chris Cornell. :(
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,043
    RIP we'll never forget your name.

Really shocked and saddened by this news, a legend who wiIl be sorely missed.
  • Oh man...RIP Chris Cornell.

Legendary Bond song. Gone way too young.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Saddened to hear that. RIP Chris Cornell.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Unbelievable! I saw Soundgarden live four different times (1994, 2000, 2012 and 2015). And I love 'You Know My Name'.

Maybe the odds betrayed you...but no one can replace you. RIP CC
    I wasn't a fan of YKMN when I first heard it. But it quickly grew on me, and is now one of my favourite Bond tracks. Chris Cornell was a hugely talented musician, and his passing is a great loss to music.
    RIP.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Oh my word, that's awful. RIP. Way too young.
    Always been a massive Soundgarden fan - Chris Cornell was a legend.
  • GBFGBF
    Such sad news.... I liked his music from the early 90s on. "Badmotorfinger" is still one of the best Rock albums of the 90s.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    RIP Chris Cornell.