Man of Steel (2013)

Comments

According to Batman-on-Film on Facebook something big is about to go down most likely about Justice Leauge. Stay tuned to the Internet folks
    bondbat007 wrote:
    According to Batman-on-Film on Facebook something big is about to go down most likely about Justice Leauge. Stay tuned to the Internet folks

Intriguing, wonder if its anything to do with the final trailer.
    His post and comments imply it's about the future of Batman on film (most likely Justice League). Maybe a director announcement?
  • bondbat007 wrote:
    His post and comments imply it's about the future of Batman on film (most likely Justice League). Maybe a director announcement?

Since we're already familiar with the Batman figure and mythos, I wonder if he will be the one with the Nick Fury type role. I.e. he's the recruiter and shows up on all the introductory films
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 14,888
    Straying off topic here folks. Little too much Batman talk for a Superman thread.
    Surely this is nothing to do with Superman : Man of steel.
    Since we're already familiar with the Batman figure and mythos, I wonder if he will be the one with the Nick Fury type role. I.e. he's the recruiter and shows up on all the introductory films
    That's actually an interesting idea I hadn't thought of! The only trouble is, I feel like he's the one guy in the whole group that wouldn't want anything to do with a team (at least at first, that is)

Either way, I would die happy if Bats did show up after the Man of Steel credits in some from or another. Not unlike Nick Fury after the Iron Man credits. My god that would be so cool!!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Benny wrote:
    Straying off topic here folks. Little too much Batman talk for a Superman thread.

We are conversing about Superman in connection to the possible JLA announcement, which Batman would be apart of. Seems to be relevant.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 4,813
    Benny wrote:
    We are conversing about Superman in connection to the possible JLA announcement, which Batman would be apart of. Seems to be relevant.
    <center>THERE'S A SEPARATE THREAD FOR BATMAN!! YOU CAN'T MENTION HIM HERE!!! RRRAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

image.php?u=94761&dateline=1313824960</center>
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    "This is why Superman works alone."
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :)) b-(
    RUMOR: New Detailed MAN OF STEEL Review Surfaces; "It Feels Like The Matrix
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=75176#DK0i095MGGFGdJ6X.99
    Sounds great! Also came across this prescreening review from joblo.com:

- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
    - It's the best movie of the year.
    - There's TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
    - The cape is CG'd most of the time so it can look awesome.
    - They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
    - It's not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
    - The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place

Ought to put the naysayers to rest....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sounds great! Also came across this prescreening review from joblo.com:

- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
    - It's the best movie of the year.
    - There's TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
    - The cape is CG'd most of the time so it can look awesome.
    - They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
    - It's not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
    - The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place

Ought to put the naysayers to rest....

I love the strategy that they are employing by hiding all the action in the trailers and saving it for viewers to see in the theaters. More films really need to do this, Bond included. So much great action is spoiled in the trailers when it would be ten times more spectacular if we went into the film knowing little to nothing about the action scenes. There are many trailers that literally include all the action that ever appears in the films they are marketing, like The American, which mis-marketed the film to be super action extravaganza instead of a smart thriller, leading to a backlash.
    Possible Description Of MAN OF STEEL'S Third Trailer
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=75277#KKJIvpS3RwICoq3B.99
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,107
    Find Out How Lex Luthor Will AGAIN Show Up in the Newest Superman Movie - SPOILERS Ahead!
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LP4/news/?a=75361#h9PQ7sJaYJLUD50G.99

lex_luthor_for_president.jpg

My favorite villain genius Lex Luthor.
    Amy Adams And Henry Cavill Grace (low-res) Total Film Cover For MAN OF STEEL
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=75555#HtAOig5S0Wi7AKtB.99

bfe1w0ncuaaw0sa.jpg
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Thank God for an actor of a proper age playing Lois Lane. Amy Adams will be great.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Thank God for an actor of a proper age playing Lois Lane. Amy Adams will be great.

True that @Samuel001. I love Superman Returns and believe that Bosworth would have grown into the role, but it did seem pretty far fetched that an actress of her age was playing the iconic Lois Lane. But Adams is a top notch actress (and one of my personal celeb crushes) so great casting by Snyder/Nolan
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's also nice to see a woman of over 35 get a lead role. EON, take note.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Lois without black hair? Edgy...
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's also nice to see a woman of over 35 get a lead role. EON, take note.

THIS. Kate Winslet for Bond 24, folks. The campaign continues here on MI6.
    After her ex husband directed the previous film? Not so sure about that Brady :)
    bondbat007 wrote:
    After her ex husband directed the previous film? Not so sure about that Brady :)
    What does that have to do with anything? I think Sam is the kind of man that would still remain friends with those exes or his past, regardless of whether they were divorces or not. I mean, how could you hate Kate? And there is no doubt she would be stellar as a Craig Bond girl where all the women have more substance.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Brady well said you're a man after my own heart Kate would be great !
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote:
    This film is going to own 2013.

A quote I made on page 5 that bares repeating.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm very much looking forward to this, the trailer has me anticipating this considerably.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I'll watch it if Batman's in it.
    doubleoego wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

It does seem much better than I first thought but Mad Max might be coming out this year so nah :P
    bondbat007 wrote:
    What does that have to do with anything? I think Sam is the kind of man that would still remain friends with those exes or his past, regardless of whether they were divorces or not. I mean, how could you hate Kate? And there is no doubt she would be stellar as a Craig Bond girl where all the women have more substance.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE Kate to do it. I just don't think she will. But EON should defiantly be after actresses like her
    SCOOP: Jenny Olsen Is NOT Replacing Jimmy Olsen In MAN OF STEEL
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=75581#U1WOEqhy1EVrOyk3.99

Henry Cavill On MAN OF STEEL's "Grounded" Approach To Superman
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=75566#tAMdmzmcWYoxSjre.99

Henry Cavill : "This is a Superman for a modern age. It's not betraying anything that Superman is, but it is grounding everything in reality," Cavill explained to the mag. "It's the story of this incredible being who can do incredible things, but whom we can associate with. Because he's gone through troubling stuff and had to make tough choices." Cavill says he didn't know too much about Superman growing up, but since landing the role he's been preparing by reading up and watching box sets of past incarnations of the character - but, that doesn't mean he'll be taking too much influence from them. "I managed to piece together this character, maintaining that bass-line and having all the differences and nuances that our script adds, [But] this is our own thing. Stand-alone. It's about Superman, but we're not copying from any one comic in particular. And that's a good thing, because it's an original story."
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'll watch it if Batman's in it.
    doubleoego wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

It does seem much better than I first thought but Mad Max might be coming out this year so nah :P

Haha, we'll see.
    total-films-man-of-steel-cover-is-online-now-130036-a-1363097020-1000-100.jpg
    SUPERMAN DOOMSDAY: Fan Film