Man of Steel (2013)

Comments

Other Heroes Can Inhabit The World Of SUPERMAN Says MAN OF STEEL Producer
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=77406#o5LgVhA2hzcgQRT1.99
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 2,782
    I thought Superman Returns was quite good...it didn't deserve the over critical reception...

Good news about this one...no kryptonite.

On a different tangent, when Superman goes to the loo for a number 2 and he releases the initial burst of gas before the main event...wouldn't he burst the bowl with his super fart?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    17753_10151585130776063_501047694_n.jpg
    Dalton12 wrote:

Is this real or fan made?
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Dalton12 wrote:

Is this real or fan made?

I think fan made
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 1,107
    New MAN OF STEEL Promo Image Of Henry Cavill
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=77504#6uBVrO2KqIbwfOPo.99
    5xlys.jpg
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Double post.

New promo video, warning from Zod.
    Deleted.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 4,813
    NEW TRAILER!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Superman has arrived!!

14p6v.gif
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    As long as this doesn't go CGI crazy, I have my faith this is going to work. For the first time in a long time!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'll admit, looks like it will be very good. Even with the questionable costume redesign.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, what a powerful trailer! This seriously looks amazing. I have never been that big of a Superman person, but after hearing Jor El's speech with the score playing I was thinking to myself, "Superman is AWESOME!" I desperately need to find out who is doing the score. Could it be Zimmer?!

We even have LexCorp at 2 minutes 19 seconds! I wonder who will play Luthor.
    Wow, what a powerful trailer! This seriously looks amazing. I have never been that big of a Superman person, but after hearing Jor El's speech with the score playing I was thinking to myself, "Superman is AWESOME!" I desperately need to find out who is doing the score. Could it be Zimmer?!

It IS Zimmer. It's an amusing story. Zimmer was rumored from the beginning because of his relationship with Nolan, so Zimmer called Zach Snyder to apologize for the rumors and to say how he knew Snyder had his go to composer. But then they got to talking about Snyder's vision and Zimmer's ideas and the rest is history. IF that is Zimmer's score, Mr. Williams would be proud!
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    bondbat007 wrote:

It IS Zimmer. It's an amusing story. Zimmer was rumored from the beginning because of his relationship with Nolan, so Zimmer called Zach Snyder to apologize for the rumors and to say how he knew Snyder had his go to composer. But then they got to talking about Snyder's vision and Zimmer's ideas and the rest is history. IF that is Zimmer's score, Mr. Williams would be proud!
    You just made my day (which is good timing as I am due to go to bed soon)! If that is indeed Zimmer's composition playing in that trailer (and all previous ones) I will make the claim that it will be one of his most powerful and emotional scores yet. Absolute musical beauty that underscores Jor El's speech beautifully. You feel a sense of journey and ambition that connects the music to the film.
    Looking forward to this one. Should be great
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Um yeah, the king is back.
    Yeah lex corp !! :D lexcorpbuilding-man-of-steel.jpg
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 1,107
    officially licensed Man Of Steel promo art
    1mBXLEE.jpg

[imghttp://i.imgur.com/OOe3IjP.jpg][/img]

BfM7fP9.jpg

tumblr_mldjejcHcD1rp0vkjo2_400.gif :D

tumblr_mldiw7TeIs1rei3gfo1_500.gif
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Trailer looks good. I'm going to predict that this could be this years 'Avengers'
    Maybe not quite the same box office, but it does have bum on seat potential. I have to say, even though he's a brit, I think Henry Cavill looks like a good Superman. I'm looking forward to see his Clark Kent. Haven't seen any pics or footage of Clark yet.
    will be an great watch on dvd
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Tentpole movie of the summer.
    This is what I call a "theater movie." You just can't wait for this one on DVD or Blu-ray. This is going to be a heck on an experience when it releases.

As for that artwork, this one looks very Jim Lee-ish:

BfM7fP9.jpg

The image is too small for me to spot any of his signature stray lines, though.
    I'll be there for the midnight showing for sure, even if it 'will be an great watch on dvd' :))

Seriously, I haven't seen a movie in the theatre yet this year-- and Man of Steel will be IT. Definitely more excited for this than anything else this year
    0-man_of_steel.jpg
  • I can't believe I'm about to say this...I'm only 18 for goodness sake, but I don't think it can measure up to the Christopher Reeve Superman. He was absolutely perfect in the role, and the movie itself was brilliant. I just saw the 3rd trailer and, as good as it looks, I don't think it will compare.
    I can't believe I'm about to say this...I'm only 18 for goodness sake, but I don't think it can measure up to the Christopher Reeve Superman. He was absolutely perfect in the role, and the movie itself was brilliant. I just saw the 3rd trailer and, as good as it looks, I don't think it will compare.

I have to say after seeing the new trailer, man of steel looks quality I think this superman I hope is the best, dont get me wrong I was brought up on the orginal with christopher reeve and for it age is still the best, being a huge superman fan all my life was slightly dissappointed with superman returns but from what Ive seen from man of steel looks like we finally have a superman film which will blow us all away, roll on June
    Reeve is definitely my favorite too, but we can't exactly have another one with him.
    Like James Bond, other actors can play him and I think Cavill will be outstanding
  • DeLancieFan96DeLancieFan96 Banned
    Cool trailer cool posters... Looks like Zack Snider was born to make this movie. Keep an eye on this one for oscar season. The first superhero best picture?