Man of Steel (2013)

Comments

Nice ! mos_launch_fx_by_djpyro229-d5udx49.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nice shot.
  • Errr mah Gerrrddd That's not Soooperman, he's not supposed to be dark- why does he have texture? Serpermern isn't supposed to have texture on his sooot. This will be the worst movie ever made

4298821.jpg

No. That pic is badass and I can't wait for this movie
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Errr mah Gerrrddd That's not Soooperman, he's not supposed to be dark- why does he have texture? Serpermern isn't supposed to have texture on his sooot. This will be the worst movie ever made

4298821.jpg

These are the moments where you really fulfill your appointed title of "Master", Mr. Dahark. =))
    Reactions From MAN OF STEEL Screenings Continue To Be Positive
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=74832#vuRrISYtq9Dvssom.99
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    So... the movie will be good despite a crappy suit? Possibly!
  • YES
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    To be expected. The previews for Pirates 4 went well as well...
    I liked Pirates 4....
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    No comment.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 553
    All this fuss about the costume. The current comic book incarnation of the costume looks like this

superman-jim-lee-new-52.jpg

Not wildly different from the film. Plus most of the images we've seen are not lit as they will be in the final product. The film will be good or it won't, but there have been many different incarnations of the suit over the years.

Edited to add: from everything I have seen, Man of Steel looks to be influenced heavily by this - and I thought it was terrific http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Birthright
    All this fuss about the costume. The current comic book incarnation of the costume looks like this

superman-jim-lee-new-52.jpg

OOooo what nice bright colours.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    chrisisall wrote:
    I liked Pirates 4....

Add another to the list:

Bad/Pointless films @chrisisall likes:
    Indy 4
    Spiderman 3
    Batman Forever
    Batman and Robin
    Pirates 4

:P
    Batman Forever
    Where did you get the idea I liked THAT movie? Val was a terrible Wayne/Batman, and the movie wasn't bad enough to be funny or good enough to be good.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Batman Forever
    Where did you get the idea I liked THAT movie? Val was a terrible Wayne/Batman, and the movie wasn't bad enough to be funny or good enough to be good.
    I figured that since it had a botching of all the Batman characters, nipples on the suit, horrible sets and dialogue that you would be head over heels for it.
    I figured that since it had a botching of all the Batman characters, nipples on the suit, horrible sets and dialogue that you would be head over heels for it.
    The ONLY bright spot in Batman Forever is Nicole Kidman.
    chrisisall wrote:

I agree. When I saw it as a kid I was quite confused as to why I had certain feelings towards her and her character. :\">

On a serious note though, in these films you have class A actors like Val, Nicole, George and Tommy Lee Jones and I can't help but wonder why they ever signed on to be in the films in the first place. Maybe they just weren't Batman fans and didn't know what they had gotten themselves into? It still boggles my mind to this day.
  • chrisisall wrote:

I agree. When I saw it as a kid I was quite confused as to why I had certain feelings towards her and her character. :\">

On a serious note though, in these films you have class A actors like Val, Nicole, George and Tommy Lee Jones and I can't help but wonder why they ever signed on to be in the films in the first place. Maybe they just weren't Batman fans and didn't know what they had gotten themselves into? It still boggles my mind to this day.

I don't know about that. I mean, story wise, Batman Forever was very solid. It was the first in the film to showcase Bruce Wayne's personal life and the duality behind Batman. It followed the Robin/Dick Grayson story very well. Jim Carrey played a very good version of the Riddler. It even had subtle depths about Wayne quitting Batman. It's very underrated in the sense that there are better Batman movies out there and Batman and Robin was an utter catastrophe, but I think Batman Forever is the perfect comic-book movie for Batman fans, save for a few headscratchers on the technical department.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    chrisisall wrote:

I don't know about that. I mean, story wise, Batman Forever was very solid. It was the first in the film to showcase Bruce Wayne's personal life and the duality behind Batman. It followed the Robin/Dick Grayson story very well. Jim Carrey played a very good version of the Riddler. It even had subtle depths about Wayne quitting Batman. It's very underrated in the sense that there are better Batman movies out there and Batman and Robin was an utter catastrophe, but I think Batman Forever is the perfect comic-book movie for Batman fans, save for a few headscratchers on the technical department.
    BATMAN SAYS "CHICKS DIG THE CAR." THAT is unforgivable. [-(
    I don't know about that. I mean, story wise, Batman Forever was very solid.
    I can agree here, but the execution was Schumacher.
  • There was serious potential with Batman Forever, karatemanchan37- you're right.

Unfortunately as 0brady mentioned with the whole 'chicks dig the car', and MANY other things ruin the movie.
    Nipples, Tommy Lee Jones acting like a 5 year old throughout, and Neon Gotham City off the top of my head....

If only we could have seen Burton & Keaton come back :((

Keaton-Panther1.jpg

If only we could have seen Burton & Keaton come back :((

Keaton-Panther1.jpg
    You're makin' me cry here.
    If only.....
  • RC7RC7
    I still think Burton's 'Batman' is the perfect incarnation of the Dark Knight on the silver screen. It's just utterly brilliant.
    RC7 wrote:
    I still think Burton's 'Batman' is the perfect incarnation of the Dark Knight on the silver screen. It's just utterly brilliant.
    Yes, I concur!
  • chrisisall wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Yes, I concur!

There are so many different incarnations of the Dark Knight in the comics that probably every actor on screen has played a "perfect" incarnation of him.
    So not to change the topic of this awesome Batman conversation but since this is about Superman I thought I'd chime in.

I recently watched Superman 3 and 4 again as it had been a few years since I'd seen them. Now before I say anything let me just say they are both AWFUL. But what struck me was that they were awful in two completely different ways

Superman 3 was a joke. A Richard Pryor comedy. A BAD Pryor comedy. After the masterpieces of Superman 1 and 2, I can only imagine seeing this in theatres and being absolutely shocked.
    Some of the things I liked in 3 were
    -Christopher Reeve getting to be "dark"
    -Junkyard fight (very good scene but I've heard some people say it "saves" the film, which I disagree with)

Now here's where I'll make a few people scratch their heads. I think I prefer Superman 4 to 3. I didn't used to think this but I watched the film with the commentary on from one of the writers and WOW what a fascinating story. I think I prefer this film because it was not made to be a joke. Obviously Cannon Films screwed up and made the film what it was but Superman 4 was made to be serious and COULD have been good.
    Some things I like
    -The score. Seriously listen to it, it's fantastic
    -Although the concept is stupid, I kind of like the "double date" scene
    -Gene Hackman is still awesome as Lex no matter how stupid his scheme is

Like I said, both films are still awful but I thought I'd share my two cents worth about them. Oh and I also love Superman Returns but that's a different discussion. Can't wait for Man of Steel!

Completely forgot about this, see who is playing jor el.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,107

yeah I now about george lazenby playing Jor-El in superboy I love that show.
    Dalton12 wrote:

• edited March 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Dalton12 wrote:

Only have vague recollection of the show as was quite young at time, Britt as Lara had to double take that one.