DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just give me The Raid 3, please.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Apparently, he doesn't want to do it anytime soon.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited October 2017 Posts: 1,257
    'The Raid' & The Raid 2 director Gareth Evans in talks to direct a Deathstroke
    I’m down with this, he sounds like a good choice for that job.
    I’m just really anxious to see Joe as Deathstroke. I still think there is a possibility he has a tiny role in JL.

He said that years back, which has me thinking it's likely not going to happen like he once promised.

Also:

He said that years back, which has me thinking it's likely not going to happen like he once promised.
    Yes, he did. However, on the other hand, I'm glad it's not happening as the third film was going to be an interquel to The Raid 2, set two hours before the ending of the second film. I'd say that's uninspired plot to begin with. So, I'd rather they just left it alone.
  • Hope this doesn't affect his chances at doing Bond. I've been saying for ages that EON should snap him up before some other big franchise does and now it seems like my fears are coming true. They seem to go for bigger names with the directors now anyway though so you never know.

Yes, he did. However, on the other hand, I'm glad it's not happening as the third film was going to be an interquel to The Raid 2, set two hours before the ending of the second film. I'd say that's uninspired plot to begin with. So, I'd rather they just left it alone.

I can take it or leave it personally. I'll watch everything he makes no matter what, and I'd love a third Raid film but at the same time I don't think they really need to do another, I think once films have one sequel there's always a desire to make a trilogy but really it doesn't need one. I'd watch it, because I'm sure it'd be brilliant, but if they wanted to leave it at "I'm done" that seems like a perfect ending to me. Another martial arts movie from him would be really cool though.

Have you two heard about that film he's doing with Dan Evans (the guy from The Guest)? Think I read it was about a guy taking on a cult or something. Sounds really interesting.

That idea didn't intrigue me either, but more Raid isn't such a bad thing. Perhaps he'll change his mind on that story idea if he ever does return to finish the trilogy, too.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 12,837
    I think even if he's done with The Raid, that doesn't mean we might not get some sort of spiritual successor. Him and Iko teamed up before The Raid and I'm sure they will again some day.

EDIT: Just googled it and apparently he's back in the UK and since he seems to be branching out a bit and will probably have lots of big offers like these DC movies coming in, I think it could be a while before we see another martial arts film from him. He could always go back down that road later in his career though.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Have you two heard about that film he's doing with Dan Evans (the guy from The Guest)? Think I read it was about a guy taking on a cult or something. Sounds really interesting.

@thelivingroyale That is Apostle, and according to IMDB, the film is in post-production now. :)

I also read a while back about Gareth Evans wanting to do some car chase action flick with Iko Uwais, stating it would 'be to car chases what The Raid were to fist fights'.
  • Have you two heard about that film he's doing with Dan Evans (the guy from The Guest)? Think I read it was about a guy taking on a cult or something. Sounds really interesting.

@thelivingroyale That is Apostle, and according to IMDB, the film is in post-production now. :)

I also read a while back about Gareth Evans wanting to do some car chase action flick with Iko Uwais, stating it would 'be to car chases what The Raid were to fist fights'.

Thanks for that @DaltonCraig007 :) Really forward to it, do you think we can expect a trailer soon?

And that sounds amazing. I think Baby Driver really set the bar high for car chase movies but if anyone can top it it's him.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,690
    1st excerpt of the soundtrack for Justice League:

@thelivingroyale I believe 'Apostle' was snatched by Netflix, I'm not too sure of how they operate with their trailer release schedule, but I think a trailer will arrive online in the first few months of 2018.
    If their track record remains the same, they'll likely release a trailer for Apostle roughly three to four months before release. They don't typically throw out marketing material too ahead of time (though I suppose they geared it up for Stranger Things, arguably their most popular show currently).
    edited October 2017 Posts: 1,257
    DC's 'Shazam!' to star Zachary Levi
    zachary_levi_and_shazam_-_split_-_getty_-_h_2017.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/shazam-star-zachary-levi-as-dc-hero-1049616

I don’t know anything about this actor, but apparently he’s got the right personality for the character.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    DC's 'Shazam!' to star Zachary Levi
    zachary_levi_and_shazam_-_split_-_getty_-_h_2017.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/shazam-star-zachary-levi-as-dc-hero-1049616

I don’t know anything about this actor, but apparently he’s got the right personality for the character.

fcMLPWz.jpg

I saw the rumours regarding Levi yesterday, he was in Chuck which ran for five seasons a show I enjoyed, he played a shopping Mall worker turned Spy. He was also in the second Thor movie. I like Zac though he will seriously need to hit the gym to play Captain Marvel.

I believe Zac was in the running well his name was mentioned for Superman before Cavil got the role.
    Oh the casting is spot on! You should see this guy in Chuck, as @Fire_and_Ice_Returns suggested above. You’ll see why his casting is spot on.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't see an ounce of Captain Marvel in him, but I'm happy to wait and see (if the movie even gets made).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looking forward to Shazam.
    I don't see an ounce of Captain Marvel in him

I don’t either, at least with regard to his physical appearance. Though, I have since watched a number of videos of him online. He’s a pretty funny guy, I think he has what it takes to bring the youthful, light hearted aspect of the character to life.
    New mugshot of Batfleck

8lfbyoyy9muz.jpg
    New TV spot for Justice League (can't copy the video link):

http://collider.com/justice-league-tv-spot-flash-ezra-miller-batman-ben-affleck-video/#dc
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @doubleoego @DarthDimi

'The Raid' & The Raid 2 director Gareth Evans in talks to direct a Deathstroke movie.

He's perfect for this. He's perfect for any action film tbh.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Yes!

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Well I have been luke warm at best about JL which has worried me being a DC diehard fan, though after watching those I am totally hyped... They were awesome especially WW
    I really... really love Ben Affleck as Batman.

Batfleck is a badass as Batman

Batfleck is a badass as Batman
    Yes sir!
    Black Adam script to be penned by Adam Sztykiel:

http://collider.com/black-adam-script-writer-adam-sztykiel/#images
    Baffleck looks like Batman from Arkham Asylum and city.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Batfleck also reminds of Batman from The Animated Series.