DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Gotta love a teaser for a trailer...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    They didn't put Supes in the trailer, did they? They did, didn't they?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    No thankfully they did a clever thing at the beginning
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What a dreadful rendition of Heroes.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That was weak trailer. Genuinely disappointed.
    My issue is it looks too fake
    I'm staying away, but the CGI still looking bad isn't a great sign. I just want to see it and get it over with.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Everyone is talking about how bad it looks and I'm sitting over here a little more excited to see it than I was. I guess I'll be the only one in the theater.
    I think ultimately two directors working on JL will make it very uneven, this trailer illustrates that

Yeah, I'm not one to really harp on about CG in these types of movies but damn, it might as well have been a PS4 exclusive.

Still, the one saving grace is that it didn't spoil anything. With the new Star Wars trailer dropping tomorrow WB really messed up to give us an exciting trailer here. No one's really going to be talking about this by the end of tomorrow.
    Everyone is talking about how bad it looks and I'm sitting over here a little more excited to see it than I was. I guess I'll be the only one in the theater.

I'll be seeing it on a matter of principle but I'm seriously crossing my fingers in the hope I can enjoy this and walk away feeling happy.
    doubleoego wrote: »

Yeah, I'm not one to really harp on about CG in these types of movies but damn, it might as well have been a PS4 exclusive.

Still, the one saving grace is that it didn't spoil anything. With the new Star Wars trailer dropping tomorrow WB really messed up to give us an exciting trailer here. No one's really going to be talking about this by the end of tomorrow.

Yeah I agree nothing was given away, by some miracle the film maybe good my expectations are low so here is hoping

Yeah I agree nothing was given away, by some miracle the film maybe good my expectations are low so here is hoping

Well, they've still got the TV spots to muck it up with.

Avoid TV spots like the plague Superman is my only hook for this film at the moment
    Maybe one TV spot will give a flash of the black suit? Or the curl of an 80s mullet with Supes' back turned from the camera?

Avoid TV spots like the plague Superman is my only hook for this film at the moment

Yeah, I don't watch TV spots for any film except for maybe when it comes to Bond. They go crazy with them so I avoid completely. Also, Superman is my MVP for this film and interestingly enough it was the Lois/Clark dream sequence that was the best thing about this trailer.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'mma spoiler tag this for people who don't want to watch the trailer.
    Flash's humor is still horrible. He's just not funny, he's not the levity Zack Snyder seemed to believe he was. Aquaman's fighting pride is about a thousand percent funnier and more welcome than anything out of the Flash's mouth.

But at least he actually looks like he's using his speed now, whereas before he looked like he had electricity powers.

That's gotta be about the worst cover of the song "We Can Be Heroes" I've ever heard. Especially when of all these people, only one of them's been an actual hero so far.

This movie's going to havta do something spectacular to make the "alien invasion fought off by superheroes" plot not seem tired and broken. Right off the top of my head, it has to beat the original pilot to the Justice League cartoon from 2001, The Avengers, and the Invasion! crossover from the Arrowverse, all of which did it far better than what this trailer suggested.

Clark's appearance in the trailer was used well. Probably the best thing I can say about this trailer, honestly. I pray it's not the best thing I can say about the final film.

And that's my basic feeling about this movie. I want to walk away from it feeling like the Justice League have been brought to the screen well, but I'm worried that they just won't be.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,378

Yeah, I don't watch TV spots for any film except for maybe when it comes to Bond. They go crazy with them so I avoid completely. Also, Superman is my MVP for this film and interestingly enough it was the Lois/Clark dream sequence that was the best thing about this trailer.

Very wise TV spots have got much worse the Thor 3 TV spots have shown alot I stupidly watched them and my interest in the film has dropped because I feel like I have watched it already.
    Maybe one TV spot will give a flash of the black suit? Or the curl of an 80s mullet with Supes' back turned from the camera?

First thing that came to my mind watching JL new trailer is they need to make a Dam good Superman film, Cavil really could pull it off with the right material.
    I'mma spoiler tag this for people who don't want to watch the trailer.
    Flash's humor is still horrible. He's just not funny, he's not the levity Zack Snyder seemed to believe he was. Aquaman's fighting pride is about a thousand percent funnier and more welcome than anything out of the Flash's mouth.

But at least he actually looks like he's using his speed now, whereas before he looked like he had electricity powers.

That's gotta be about the worst cover of the song "We Can Be Heroes" I've ever heard. Especially when of all these people, only one of them's been an actual hero so far.

This movie's going to havta do something spectacular to make the "alien invasion fought off by superheroes" plot not seem tired and broken. Right off the top of my head, it has to beat the original pilot to the Justice League cartoon from 2001, The Avengers, and the Invasion! crossover from the Arrowverse, all of which did it far better than what this trailer suggested.

Clark's appearance in the trailer was used well. Probably the best thing I can say about this trailer, honestly. I pray it's not the best thing I can say about the final film.

And that's my basic feeling about this movie. I want to walk away from it feeling like the Justice League have been brought to the screen well, but I'm worried that they just won't be.

The dynamic between the characters could elevate the film, I agree with your opinion on Barry Allen feels forced
    Cavill has never been the problem for me. I really liked him in MoS and the material let him down in BvS with nothing to do. With the right team, he'l shine.
    I like Man of Steel alot though it was very much a origin film, they have not pushed Superman forward enough since MoS
    I like Man of Steel alot though it was very much a origin film, they have not pushed Superman forward enough since MoS

The issue I have with BvS (amongst others) is that nothing that happened in MoS seemed to matter, as Superman didn't change. He feels so inherently different as a character from MoS to BvS, a bright hope to a dismal pit of a fellow.

The issue I have with BvS (amongst others) is that nothing that happened in MoS seemed to matter, as Superman didn't change. He feels so inherently different as a character from MoS to BvS, a bright hope to a dismal pit of a fellow.

I let things slide with my elseworld excuse for BvS and the post Dark Knight Trilogy tone, though WW made me realise I want a more positive take on DC characters.

I let things slide with my elseworld excuse for BvS and the post Dark Knight Trilogy tone, though WW made me realise I want a more positive take on DC characters.

Yes, with WW it was nice to leave the theater feeling as if the world would actually be a better place with all my childhood heroes in it. I get quite the opposite impression with BvS... Hopefully JL will show why they are needed, and their value.
    I must say I´m kind of drawn towards this movie, more so than after the last trailer.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    When will they make a Metal Men movie? One of my favs.
    Metal_Men_47-08.jpg
    I may have to check that out.
    I may have to check that out.

Me too I will definitely buy the graphic novel, the story is self contained which is good