DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,378

A must buy

http://collider.com/justice-league-danny-elfman-superman-theme/ potential spoilers

Also heard the Batman 89 theme could be used also
    “There are a few little fan moments. I instated a moment of the Wonder Woman theme that Hans Zimmer did for Batman v Superman, but I also had two minutes where I had the pleasure of saying, ‘Let’s do John Williams’ Superman.’ and that for me was heaven, because now I have a melody to twist, and I’m using it in an actually very dark way, in a dark moment. It’s the kind of thing that some fans will notice. Some won’t. It’s a moment where we’re really not sure whose side he’s on.”

I think parts of this theme will be used

justice.jpg

New posters

Justice-League-character-posters-3-600x889.jpg

u1e4n4Ca_o.jpg

Justice-League-character-posters-2-600x889.jpg

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This Watchmen crossover is very interesting.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Here's a new batch of JL pics from Empire magazine. And we should be getting the final trailer soon, possibly this week.

CEXvFpG.jpg

ZXgrdOE.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Noticed there are supposed leaks showing up on the net for Justice League I am in avoidance mode, I think I won't watch the last trailer as I really am worried they will show Supes
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Good idea, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I was worried about the marketing for the film from day one (we all remember the Doomsday reveal in the second BvS trailer) so outside of the reveal trailer I've not seen a frame of it. If it's a steaming pile I at least don't want to know it before I go in. A lot is riding on this.
    Good idea, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I was worried about the marketing for the film from day one (we all remember the Doomsday reveal in the second BvS trailer) so outside of the reveal trailer I've not seen a frame of it. If it's a steaming pile I at least don't want to know it before I go in. A lot is riding on this.

That particular trailer with Doomsday was shocking in retrospect, whether you like BvS or not the reveal of Doomsday should have been kept secret. I want to be totally oblivious to Superman and what he looks like when he shows up
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

That particular trailer with Doomsday was shocking in retrospect, whether you like BvS or not the reveal of Doomsday should have been kept secret. I want to be totally oblivious to Superman and what he looks like when he shows up

I agree, Superman is the big question mark that actually makes JL something to anticipate, simply to see if WB give us the hero we want. Noting else about it interests me.

Superman has been removed from literally every bit of promotion so far, and after their mistakes with revealing too much I think WB learned their lesson in that department. It'd be foolish to blow all that work they did to hide Superman and the secrecy they've held over how he'll be used in a spoiler-filled final trailer. Personally I don't even think the movie needs another trailer, but I expect the studio will be tempted to over-market because they know how important it will be that the film does well with audiences and financially for this universe to have any legs.

I agree, Superman is the big question mark that actually makes JL something to anticipate, simply to see if WB give us the hero we want. Noting else about it interests me.

Superman has been removed from literally every bit of promotion so far, and after their mistakes with revealing too much I think WB learned their lesson in that department. It'd be foolish to blow all that work they did to hide Superman and the secrecy they've held over how he'll be used in a spoiler-filled final trailer. Personally I don't even think the movie needs another trailer, but I expect the studio will be tempted to over-market because they know how important it will be that the film does well with audiences and financially for this universe to have any legs.

I have hope pun intended that WB have learned there lesson and also Elfman has made me excited as
    Williams Superman theme will be used
    . My gut says Wheddon may add what is needed to JL to succeed where BvS failed. I like BvS though I am aware why it fell short
    edited October 2017 Posts: 1,257
    Noticed there are supposed leaks showing up on the net for Justice League I am in avoidance mode, I think I won't watch the last trailer as I really am worried they will show Supes

Apparently Danny Elfman has been talking about the film and giving away some potential spoilers. I say “potential” because I don’t know what he said, I’m in avoidance mode too.

As far as Supes goes, they managed to keep him out of the trailers this far, I wonder if they can hold off again. To be honest, I don’t want to see him at all in the trailer. I don’t want to see anything that could spoil how or when he returns. I don’t want to know if he will wear a black suit or have a beard and mullet. I don’t even want to see any quick shots of him in action or even striking a pose with the rest of the league. I want all that saved for when I watch it opening night.

Unfortuantely, no matter how hard I try, I’m still going to watch the trailer the moment it’s released online.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,378

Apparently Danny Elfman has been talking about the film and giving away some potential spoilers. I say “potential” because I don’t know what he said, I’m in avoidance mode too.

As far as Supes goes, they managed to keep him out of the trailers this far, I wonder if they can hold off again. To be honest, I don’t want to see him at all in the trailer. I don’t want to see anything that could spoil how or when he returns. I don’t want to know if he will wear a black suit or have a beard and mullet. I don’t even want to see any quick shots of him in action or even striking a pose with the rest of the league. I want all that saved for when I watch it opening night.

Unfortuantely, no matter how hard I try, I’m still going to watch the trailer the moment it’s released online.

I agree with the other DC heroes Supes does not need to be shown at all, WW and Bats etc should drag the audiences in at this point

P.s. If Supes is not in trailer could you tell me
    A lot of the impact the movie could have with Superman's part in it should definitely be preserved by none of it being revealed. We shouldn't know how or when he'll be back, to make it the most effective when we see the film and his return finally arrives.
    A lot of the impact the movie could have with Superman's part in it should definitely be preserved by none of it being revealed. We shouldn't know how or when he'll be back, to make it the most effective when we see the film and his return finally arrives.

In a large majority of trailers in the last few years there is this misguided choice to map out a narrative within a trailer to draw audiences, studio's obsessed with crabbing cash are ruining many films

In a large majority of trailers in the last few years there is this misguided choice to map out a narrative within a trailer to draw audiences, studio's obsessed with crabbing cash are ruining many films

Absolutely, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I've been put off by so many movies in the past because I watched just the first reveal trailer and said to myself afterward, "Well, that's the movie. Don't need to see it now."

It's now become my modus operandi with films I'm interested in to avoid all trailers whatsoever so that I know the least about it and see the least of it before I head off to see it as it makes it more enjoyable. Seeing even the most delicate trailers can still make you put the plot together or anticipate things that would've been natural moments of excitement and shock beforehand.
    Just to quickly touch upon Batman Triumphant as mentioned in the previous page (I had some catching up to do) - I would love if DC Comics would turn the treatment for that movie into a graphic novel!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Come on, that isn t new. Older trailers showed practically the full movie.

It's got worse

Absolutely, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I've been put off by so many movies in the past because I watched just the first reveal trailer and said to myself afterward, "Well, that's the movie. Don't need to see it now."

It's now become my modus operandi with films I'm interested in to avoid all trailers whatsoever so that I know the least about it and see the least of it before I head off to see it as it makes it more enjoyable. Seeing even the most delicate trailers can still make you put the plot together or anticipate things that would've been natural moments of excitement and shock beforehand.

The problem comes from so called movie experts to a degree, you watch trailer reactions from Campea for example, he will watch a trailer and complain that he does not know what the film is about.

edited October 2017 Posts: 28,694

I don't think it's an issue of past vs. present. Whether it used to happen or not, it makes no sense to do.
    The problem comes from so called movie experts to a degree, you watch trailer reactions from Campea for example, he will watch a trailer and complain that he does not know what the film is about.

Yeah, well...that's Campea for you.

You got it

BvS trailer 2 is basically the Cliff Notes version of the film. Hopefully the new JL trailer leans more towards BvS trailer 3 which was more a showcase of random action sequences than a summary of the film's narrative.

and here's a higher res image:

40z6QsJ.jpg

22220802_360764607711756_8815648205875183616_n.jpg

You got it

BvS trailer 2 is basically the Cliff Notes version of the film. Hopefully the new JL trailer leans more towards BvS trailer 3 which was more a showcase of random action sequences than a summary of the film's narrative.

and here's a higher res image:

40z6QsJ.jpg

22220802_360764607711756_8815648205875183616_n.jpg

Awesome Batsuit
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I love Affleck as Batman. He, Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn are the best parts of the DCEU so far. I really hope Affleck sticks around for a while as Batman.
    I love Affleck as Batman. He, Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn are the best parts of the DCEU so far. I really hope Affleck sticks around for a while as Batman.

Me also though my gut feeling is post Justice League and DCU saying some films won't be linked that we may get a recasting for Matt Reeves proposed Batman trilogy... I hope not I would like to see Batfleck get some excellent solo Bat films under his utility belt so to speak lol
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'm the opposite and would actually prefer a recast for the solo Bat flick. These combo universes have tainted and stained the preferred darkness of the Bat for me, and so I'd like them to approach the new film with a "clean slate" (to paraphrase Wayne in TDKR).
    There's not going to be standalone films continuity-wise, if Ben stays on. The Batman will be the Batman of BvS and JL, no changes to the man or the timeline. And WB aren't going to clean slate either, as Ben is one of the only things people seem to like about the movies so far (I like his performance, just not the Batman, the same way I feel about Keaton) and he's their golden boy anyway. There's too much drama around him that is unfounded, much like Dan and the endless and all false Bond rumors pumped out for years now.

Everything will depend on how JL does and, whether it's good or bad, expect even more shuffles to the DCEU timeline. If it's a hit and people finally love Superman, Man of Steel 2 will be super fast-tracked, and if it doesn't perform they're in trouble and will really have to decide if they want to bother anymore or at the very least how they are going to salvage what worked and what didn't.
  • :))

85482147.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    20 seconds teaser to announce the full (final?) trailer for Justice League coming tomorrow:

20 seconds teaser to announce the full (final?) trailer for Justice League coming tomorrow:

Dare not watch it
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Good to see that the effects look better in most shots.