DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'll be seeing Justice League at 4:30pm this Wednesday. Really excited!
    Enjoy! :D

Thanks! :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am planning on seeing it this weekend instead of Thor.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I'll be seeing the film this coming Wednesday, so try to avoid the 'Last Movie you Watched' thread at around 4pm on that day so I don't ruin anything for you. :)

@DaltonCraig007, I haven't checked into that thread for a while now, largely because I wanted to avoid Blade Runner 2049 spoilers when it first came out. The shame of it is that the movie never played in my area anyway because it got ripped from theaters so fast so it was pointless to avoid spoilers.

What a damn shame that is. I actually debated seeing it again MAYBE two weeks after release, and struggled to find a lot of showtimes in my area for it, which is something typically reserved for the summer months when so much is releasing. Such a shame it didn't perform well in theaters at all.

@Creasy47, well I'm glad you at least got to experience it the once. I was so removed from news on the film to avoid hearing anything about any part of it, and so I also missed the news that it wasn't doing well and was being pulled out of screens in the hundreds. I guess that if you weren't able to see it literally the week it came out, you lost your chance.

I wouldn't have even gotten that chance anyway, as my local theater didn't even bother screening it at all and to watch it I'd have to drive hours out of my county to an obscure theater that somehow had it for a limited time. I've never experienced this with a film before, where just two weeks after release you couldn't see it anywhere. It just had to be Blade Runner. History repeated itself again, as the original had the same rocky road.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Maybe it's just me, but I took that comment as him saying, "I'm not going to be able to do Batman forever, so it's on my mind how I could eventually leave the role when I've made my mark" and not as him saying, "I want out and I'm looking for the first chance I get."

People are going to look far too much into that simple comment, and I expect Ben is going to have to rush out and do a clarification to keep these loons from banging their heads off walls. I don't think he's as aware of how much a simple sentence is now fair game to be micro-analyze in this day and age.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I think Batfleck will do the Reeves films then depart, there is no need for him to be in Flashpoint other than a couple of scenes.
    I think Batfleck will do the Reeves films then depart, there is no need for him to be in Flashpoint other than a couple of scenes.

You think they're not going to do anything more with the character after that, or don't want to? Batman is their money machine, so I don't see them going that route. If Ben leaves, which I don't think that's what he's saying, they would be smart to recast as no Batman doesn't help their cause.

What will be interesting is if Jeffrey Dean Morgan gets to be a Batman in Flashpoint (if they go all the way in adapting). That would be fascinating to see Bruce meeting his dad as who he may have been, etc.

I just don't think Ben's comments should be seen as a soon to be carried out departure. I think he'll see how the solo film goes and act from there. I just don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon and WB wouldn't want that either.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    What will be interesting is if Jeffrey Dean Morgan gets to be a Batman in Flashpoint (if they go all the way in adapting). That would be fascinating to see Bruce meeting his dad as who he may have been, etc.
    Yep! And the ending where he gets the letter Thomas Wayne (Morgan) left for him to collect from The Flash. That scene would be glorious in live action, with Bruce telling Barry "you're one hell of a messenger."
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

You think they're not going to do anything more with the character after that, or don't want to? Batman is their money machine, so I don't see them going that route. If Ben leaves, which I don't think that's what he's saying, they would be smart to recast as no Batman doesn't help their cause.

I just don't think Ben's comments should be seen as a soon to be carried out departure. I think he'll see how the solo film goes and act from there. I just don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon and WB wouldn't want that either.

No I just think Ben will leave and Bats will be recast, I want Ben to stay on though my gut tells me he will leave sooner rather than later.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, what do you think would get Ben to leave? Just curious.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I got invited to an advance screening of JL tomorrow evening. Thank God, because I didn't think I would be able to avoid spoilers much longer.
    Seeing JL tomorrow.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Rotten Tomatoes will delay the Justice League rating until a few hours before release as part of their new Facebook series, where they officially unveil scores and discuss them:

http://collider.com/justice-league-rotten-tomatoes-score/
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Rotten Tomatoes will delay the Justice League rating until a few hours before release as part of their new Facebook series, where they officially unveil scores and discuss them:

http://collider.com/justice-league-rotten-tomatoes-score/

Sounds ominous? However? Regardless of critic review? I choose and make my own mind up.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Right, I'm seeing the film tomorrow. Can't wait, to be honest. In fact, I'll be surprised if I can sleep at all tonight. ;-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @DarthDimi At what time will you see it tomorrow? Afternoon or evening? :)
    @DaltonCraig007
    Should be early afternoon, about 15 hours from now. :)
    @DarthDimi You'll see it before me! I'm going to the earliest non-3D seance available near me, so at 4:30pm. :)
    I too want to avoid that 3D crap.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy the 3D format for any film.
    Oh absolutely. I want to experience a film, not an optical illusion overstaying its welcome.
    I've got eyesight problem. When I went to see Terminator: Genesis at my local theatre, it wasn't available in 2D format. Only 3D. I was forced to wear two glasses to watch that film, and got out of it with a headache. Never have I ever watched a film in 3D ever again.

Nothing concrete just his body language I have a gut feeling he is disappointed with how the films have turned out.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Nothing concrete just his body language I have a gut feeling he is disappointed with how the films have turned out.
    He was on a decent career trajectory until he took on the role. Hopefully they hit it out of the park with JL, otherwise he may have cause to be concerned.
    bondjames wrote: »

He was on a decent career trajectory until he took on the role. Hopefully they hit it out of the park with JL, otherwise he may have cause to be concerned.

Exactly there have been murmurings that his relationship with Warner is not what it was, the early buzz for JL has been good for the type of film it is John Schepp appears to love it and I tend to agree with most of his opinions on Comic Book movies.
    I’m 2 hrs away from seeing JL.
    I’m 2 hrs away from seeing JL.

Hope you enjoy it, think it will be next week for me working all week.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I too want to avoid that 3D crap.

Seriously, doesn’t everyone? Luckily, IMAX is apparently reducing the number of 3D IMAX screenings.
    bondjames wrote: »

I wouldn't claim this role in particular hurt Ben, as the majority seem to love him as Batman (some even saying he's the best ever) and despite a critical lukewarmness the films have done quite well financially. Regarding Ben's performance, he was hated at first but after the film came out critics and skeptical fans the world over couldn't roll out their apology carpets fast enough to make note of his work. He should be pleased with the response, as he is now a constant discussion point when fans debate the best Batman ever (I don't agree, but he's very liked).

If anything is hurting Ben's dynamic with WB, it's the fallout from Live By Night, a film he helmed and which flopped massively, hurting all involved in a bad way. It took just over $20 million in the box office for its entire run and put WB out at least $75 million in return. If anything is straining what Ben and WB had, I'd say it's that film as it put their golden boy in danger of looking like he couldn't helm a film and steer it into success as he did with Argo just years earlier. That must have caused some unexpected tensions, and I think that's the biggest reason Ben also pulled out of directing the Batman solo film because he had his own doubts about his ability to handle such a massive film while also starring in said film at the same time. The pressures no doubt forced him to reconsider and gave him nerves about other creative projects he wanted to helm.

As for his body language, I think a lot of that can be attributed to his personal life lately that's been far too publicized. His family is trying to put itself back together after a big and dramatic divorce sparked by bad decisions, he's trying to get clean from his addictions, and as all this way happening his passion project for WB flopped and the pressures of starring as Batman were always present at the very same moment. I'd look like shit too if that was my life.
    Initial reaction, no spoilers, just vague initial thoughts until I see it again on Thurs night:
    Not a huge fan of this movie. I thought it was entertaining and fun, and there was some really great moments that thrilled the DC comic fan in me, but I just don't feel fulfilled. As a whole, it felt too rushed and too light hearted. It felt tonally disconnected from the universe that has been previously established. If you loved MOS and BvS, I get the sense you may be disappointed in JL. I don't really expect it to do particularly well with critics, but I do think general audiences will enjoy it.

There is still so much more to talk about (characterizations, plot, action, CGI, performances, score, etc, but I'll save that for later.