The Equalizer:TV series & movie franchise.

12346»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've sadly never seen any version of the TV show.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The TV show was excellent. Even the later series that had Mickey doing most of the physical work were very well written. He was a good sidekick.
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 1,394
    Saw Equalizer 3 last night.It was good but not great.Its a storyline we’ve seen countless times before and the villains are no threat whatsoever to McCall so there’s really no tension.

The first movie was the best,as that had a villain that actually seeed to be McCalls equal and has a better script overall.The second was an overlong mess with a bad cgi climax.

Loved the tv series as a kid.I have never seen the woke tv reboot with Queen Latifah(😆) and never will.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Saw the third film last night and very much enjoyed it. A simple, effective story that pushed McCall's more intimate and emotional side to the forefront in a lovely way, and Washington delivers that side of the character with aplomb. I did miss Gregson-Williams' music (the score in the new one is fine, though) and the villains are fairly generic Italian mafiosa-types, but overall it was an worthwhile way to spend a couple of hours. The scenery is utterly breathtaking, too.

I'd put it ahead of the second one but behind the first.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Can't believe they didn't call it The Threequalizer :D

Glad to hear it's decent though- I enjoyed the previous two even if they're not the best thing ever; they still have enough decent moments to make them superior to a lot of similar stuff, and Denzel's obviously great.
    I quite enjoyed the second one (I thought the climax in a hurricane was a nicely original situation) so if it's better than that I'll certainly catch it.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I went to see Equalizer 3 a few weeks back, I really enjoyed. It doesn't stray too far from formula and it doesn't over stay its welcome. The setting was gorgeous, I wish NTTD stayed in Matera longer similar to this film, because I love how much of the place we discover in this film. It gave me Dr No vibes, it felt like going on a mini adventure.
    Not got to see the third movie yet, pleased to see a lot positive feedback on it though! :-bd