The Equalizer:TV series & movie franchise.

Comments

Well the filming started but there no photo of Short from either Coming Soon or the IMDB aren't show anything. I only saw a little of Google. Let hope he use a Walther any model including the PPK/S stainless steel which late Edward Woodward used. But I not expecting him in Jaguar. His Equalizer mobile an American Iconic, Ford,GM or Chrysler.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 820
    Well I don't know if the Filming is still going? But the release is in late September. But no photos of shorts yet. I just saw in IMDB that it film in different location not where the TV series was. But I stick around with Coming soon & movie news. Something should come up soon.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Production has been completed. The first trailer should be released in the coming months.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Antoine Fuqua’s thriller, which also stars Chloe Grace Moretz, has been testing through the roof.

Seven months before the film hits theaters, Sony Pictures and Escape Artists are feeling confident in their Denzel Washington thriller “The Equalizer,” as screenwriter Richard Wenk has closed a deal to write the sequel.

“The Equalizer” has been testing through the roof, prompting Sony to move quickly on a sequel so the project has momentum by the time the first film hits theaters on Sept. 26. A mid-December test screening reportedly earned the highest scores for an R-rated movie in the studio’s history.

Washington is expected to reprise his role in “Equalizer 2,” though there is no deal in place yet. He may have to renegotiate his contract, as his original deal did not include an option for a sequel despite the fact that Sony has long viewed the property as a potential franchise.

Washington has never starred in a sequel, but “The Equalizer 2” is poised to be his first should Antoine Fuqua’s film prove to be a hit this fall.

“The Equalizer” is based on the 1980s TV show that starred Edward Woodward as the title character. Now it’s Washington playing retired intelligence officer Robert McCall, whose act of kindness toward a young prostitute gets him embroiled with the Russian mob.

Chloe Grace Moretz co-stars as the sex worker alongside Melissa Leo, Bill Pullman, Haley Bennett, David Harbour and Marton Csokas as the villain.

Escape Artists partners Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch produced “The Equalizer” with Alex Siskin, Mace Neufeld, Tony Eldridge and series creator Michael Sloan. David Bloomfield executive produced the film.

Wenk, who also boasts a producer credit on “The Equalizer,” previously wrote “The Expendables 2,” the Jason Statham action movie “The Mechanic” and the 2006 Bruce Willis thriller “16 Blocks.” He’s repped by the Gersh Agency, the Arlook Group and Schreck Rose Dapello & Adams.

http://www.thewrap.com/equalizer-2-moving-forward-sony-brings-back-screenwriter-richard-wenk-exclusive
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Finally - and I am excited about this one. Will try to see it whenever it gets here, goodness knows when.
    That good I read in Coming Soon. It look like Denzel Washington is keen to do another Sequel of the 80's classic The Equalizer.
    the-equalizer-movie-poster-denzel-washington-600x183.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Funny about the time I was watching The Equalizer on TV I was also watching Denzel on St. Elsewhere.
    :-?
    chrisisall wrote:
    Funny about the time I was watching The Equalizer on TV I was also watching Denzel on St. Elsewhere.
    :-?

Last year, they were showing St Elsewhere over here in the UK at about 4am. I used to watch it if I couldn't sleep. Never knew Denzel started off there until he popped up in the credits. I have to say though it has, without a doubt, my least favourite theme tune of all time.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,350
    In The Equalizer, Denzel Washington plays McCall, a former black ops commando who has faked his death to live a quiet life in Boston. When he comes out of his self-imposed retirement to rescue a young girl, Teri (Chloë Grace Moretz), he finds himself face to face with ultra-violent Russian gangsters. As he serves vengeance against those who brutalize the helpless, McCall’s desire for justice is reawakened. If someone has a problem, the odds are stacked against them, and they have nowhere else to turn, McCall will help. He is The Equalizer.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    In The Equalizer, Denzel Washington plays McCall, a former black ops commando who has faked his death to live a quiet life in Boston. When he comes out of his self-imposed retirement to rescue a young girl, Teri (Chloë Grace Moretz), he finds himself face to face with ultra-violent Russian gangsters. As he serves vengeance against those who brutalize the helpless, McCall’s desire for justice is reawakened. If someone has a problem, the odds are stacked against them, and they have nowhere else to turn, McCall will help. He is The Equalizer.

Sounds awfully like The Punisher!
    Looking forward to this. Loved the 80's show. This is the closest we'll ever get to a black Bond. Denzel is a brilliant actor and effortlessly cool in all the parts he plays.
    Here are the first two pictures:

equalizer-denzel-picture.jpg

equalizer-denzel-moretz-picture-04222014-080929.jpg
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 820
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Looking forward to this. Loved the 80's show. This is the closest we'll ever get to a black Bond. Denzel is a brilliant actor and effortlessly cool in all the parts he plays.
    You can say that again yes. Edward Woodward like a private detective Bond & also like A Black Saint (Simon Templer). Although we remember the Walther PP & rest of the series PPK/S. I think Denzel might rival Shaft. I seen the short picture in Empire magazine Web. Now we are still waiting on the Trailer.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,459
    Watched it earlier this morning. It looks alright. Seems like generic fun, so I'll probably wait for it on Redbox or something.

It seems like a bit of 'Safe House' mixed with a lot of 'Man On Fire.'
    I'm looking forward to it. It could be a decent enough action film.
    That's exactly why I'll wait until it hits Redbox. I'm tired of spending $7-10 to see a movie that's decent. I'm very selective in what I see in theaters these days, and usually if a film doesn't blow me away from the first trailer, I'll wait and see it later on.
    It is the kind of movie I will see late at night on the telly when I am still up and about not being sleepy.

Looks pretty good! Will certainly give it a viewing that's for sure!
    If it doesn't have this theme tune, I'll be pissed. ;-)

If it doesn't have this theme tune, I'll be pissed. ;-)
    I've seen it but I feel the same way if the same theme used on the TV series not used. That all I expect. Remember Mission Impossible movies franchised had the same theme as close to the TV series.
    I have no sound here at work on this bloody PC...i take it McCall has lost his British accent then ?
    Here's another trailer for the film:

Creasy47 wrote:

I really am looking forward to seeing this! \m/
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    So they've pretty much abandoned everything that made the TV show unique then. I'm sure it'll be a solid action film, but The Equalizer, it is not.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I really am looking forward to seeing this! \m/

well I seen twice he plays different to the late Edward Woodward. I seen the Guns he will be using. I should No Walther insight. I could be wrong.
    The IMAX poster for the film has been released:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120641
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The IMAX poster for the film has been released:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120641

I've seen the poster Denzel Washington is carry a 15 round Beretta. That one of the guns. Remember The TV series he carried many different guns.
    American accent or British accent,as the original McCall had ? ..i think i will know the answer....